Gladewater at Gilmer 08/26/2021

SHillBuckeye

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Why is this being played on Thursday?

It was on Thursday last year also. Probably because fans from other schools will come. If this game continues on as it should,  I'd even like to see it moved to Lobo or Rose.

• Like 2

Gilmer should be better overall than last year with what they have returning, having moved in and a really good JV class. Defense is always a little suspect, but I’m thinking maybe this year’s defense will be the best since 2014? Not sure what Gladewater has returning other than DJ Allen, which obviously is a threat anytime he has the ball. Gilmer by a few TD’s.

Guest Tiger03lb

Glad this game is on a Thursday, get to watch two great games in two days. I'll be there. First games are always up in the air. GW has the potential to stay up with Gilmer. Two factors that GW needs to keep it close, or maybe win. Their defense needs to step up and force some turnovers. The other, GW will need to make some long drives and score on each drive. I like GW but just see Gilmer making the plays needed to win. Gilmer by 2 tds

32 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Gilmer should be better overall than last year with what they have returning, having moved in and a really good JV class. Defense is always a little suspect, but I’m thinking maybe this year’s defense will be the best since 2014? Not sure what Gladewater has returning other than DJ Allen, which obviously is a threat anytime he has the ball. Gilmer by a few TD’s.

Return most of our team. Breaking in a new QB but Kollin Lewis will be a problem this year for defenses as well. Gladewater will have our hands full if our defense doesn’t perform better. 

17 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

And it wasn’t close. Y’all scored some garbage TDs once the game was out of hand 

Why is your great team allowing garbage TDs? I'd think as good as you think y'all are that wouldn't be allowed.

7 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Why would we wanna do that our stadium will do just fine.

So more can come and parking wouldn't be an issue. I'm not surprised you aren't smart enough to know that, but arogant folks think they know everything. SMH

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

5 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Two good teams. Gilmer will have the depth advantage for sure. If GW can hang around it will be interesting.  Will definitely be a huge challenge for our defense. I’ll say GW by 1 on a last second 2 point conversion. 😂 

When you have a player like DJ Allen on your team, it makes things a lot easier! With that being said, I’m not so sure the QB will have much time to get the ball out with Gilmer returning their entire DLine and adding a new LB. He will have to make quick decisions and be very mobile if Gladewater is to keep this close. I would expect y’all to run more this year, so should be a good matchup.

19 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

When you have a player like DJ Allen on your team, it makes things a lot easier! With that being said, I’m not so sure the QB will have much time to get the ball out with Gilmer returning their entire DLine and adding a new LB. He will have to make quick decisions and be very mobile if Gladewater is to keep this close. I would expect y’all to run more this year, so should be a good matchup.

I’ll be surprised if we don’t throw it more this year. 

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

So more can come and parking wouldn't be an issue. I'm not surprised you aren't smart enough to know that, but arogant folks think they know everything. SMH

Yea you haven’t been to our stadium in a while because parking is not a issue anymore. Also y’all don’t travel well in gladewater so playing in a bigger stadium is pointless.

21 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Yea you haven’t been to our stadium in a while because parking is not a issue anymore. Also y’all don’t travel well in gladewater so playing in a bigger stadium is pointless.

Gladewater always travels well when it involves Gilmer. Tell me one time that the stadium wasn’t packed. As far as the Qb my understanding is that he is a pocket passer and isn’t real mobile. I’m sure the coaches are aware of that fact and won’t be doing any 7 step drops. I expect a lot of quick routes.