Gladewater at Gilmer 08/26/2021

SHillBuckeye

14 hours ago, PapaBear1 said:

Gilmer should win by 3 or 4 tds. They have almost twice the enrollment and are ranked #2 in state in 4AD2

Twice the enrollment?  Gilmer has around 700 in high school.  Gladewater has over 500, if I remember correctly.  Yes, there's definitely some disparity in numbers.  Gladewater's enrollment has shrunk over the years.  Gilmer's has always stayed around the 690 on average over the past couple of decades at least.  Matter of fact, we had about the same numbers when I was in high school back last century....:drool:

Like everybody else has said, though, I think Gilmer's depth will be a problem for the Bares.  The Buckeyes absolutely "should" win by at least a couple of touchdowns, but you never know how the oblong ball will bounce.  A few turnovers and miscues, and this game could be close.  I certainly hope not.

11 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Twice the enrollment?  Gilmer has around 700 in high school.  Gladewater has over 500, if I remember correctly.  Yes, there's definitely some disparity in numbers.  Gladewater's enrollment has shrunk over the years.  Gilmer's has always stayed around the 690 on average over the past couple of decades at least.  Matter of fact, we had about the same numbers when I was in high school back last century....:drool:

Like everybody else has said, though, I think Gilmer's depth will be a problem for the Bares.  The Buckeyes absolutely "should" win by at least a couple of touchdowns, but you never know how the oblong ball will bounce.  A few turnovers and miscues, and this game could be close.  I certainly hope not.

Previous snapshot numbers were Gilmer 703 & GW 500.  I’d wager that the new high school in Gilmer brought in some additional transfers.

28 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Gladewater is 460 something last I heard.

38 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Bump to this post. After watching the Gilmer/Kilgore scrimmage, if the GW QB is a pocket passer, he could be in for a long night.  Gilmer can dominate the line of scrimmage with just their front 3 down linemen. 

The Gilmer depth will be too much for GW.  I would expect Gilmer by 3+ TDS. 

Could easily happen. But it’s years like this when we aren’t suppose to give Gilmer a game that the kids decide otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

shouldn’t you be scouting Carthage game film trying to figure out how y’all can keep from losing by 60 again ?

Naw we’re trying to see how we can help y’all get a ring. We thought it would be easier since y’all dropped but at this point we don’t know what else to do.

• LOL! 2

15 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Naw we’re trying to see how we can help y’all get a ring. We thought it would be easier since y’all dropped but at this point we don’t know what else to do.

We could recruit players from all over east Texas. Might help us get a few. But nah…..