Gladewater at Gilmer 08/26/2021

SHillBuckeye

4 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

He’ll start on a complete different area now that he’s been proven wrong yet again lol. 

Well. I believe in the 80s we were put out by the great Dangerfield dynasty 2 times and they won state. We also got put out by Southlake Carroll who won state and Vernon who won state. We have had our chances just haven't made it happen. The only times I remember getting out out by lesser teams was in 15 when we lost the most embarrassing game I think I can recall to Canton in the first round. And Last year vs decent MV team who got put out by the state champs 

3 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I really want y’all to just win one man just one. I know it’s gotta be hard asking other teams how to get tickets to their playoff games because y’all are at home lol 

Lol we know hownto get tickets duh. We just have to ask for directions to Jerry's world. Lol.. 

5 minutes ago, BossBear02 said:

Well. I believe in the 80s we were put out by the great Dangerfield dynasty 2 times and they won state. We also got put out by Southlake Carroll who won state and Vernon who won state. We have had our chances just haven't made it happen. The only times I remember getting out out by lesser teams was in 15 when we lost the most embarrassing game I think I can recall to Canton in the first round. And Last year vs decent MV team who got put out by the state champs 

You’re right about the canton game. That was horrible. 

40 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

That went on to win state lol. You see the difference we get beat by teams that either plays in the state championship or wins it 

The last 2 out of 3 teams that beat us in the playoffs made it to state and we wasn't ranked #1 and blew it. 

3 minutes ago, PapaBear1 said:

Y’all should know at this point, not gonna win a argument with guru. He is a keyboard warrior in basement somewhere in upshur county.

He’s the guy sitting leaned up against the wall outside the Gilmer Walmart. He stays there so that when he needs more data he can just run in and purchase it 😂 

• LOL! 2

Ok, about THIS game …

1. Gilmer defensive line is scary good. I think it will be a problem for GW. 

2. Gilmer secondary runs to the ball really well, so I don’t think the underneath stuff will be very effective. However, I think they might be vulnerable downfield on seam routes.  

3. To counter this, look for Gilmer to go to a nickel package on 3rd & long. They can get so much pressure just rushing 4, they don’t have to blitz to get to the QB. 

4. Offensively, Gilmer is explosive. They can score from anywhere on the field. They are mistake prone, I think.  In the scrimmages there were some turnovers. But their big play capability I think will overwhelm GW. 

I haven’t seen GW scrimmage, so I don’t know how they will play. But I think the QBs will be sacked multiple times.  I think the GW receiver will score at least once on a busted coverage big play, but I just don’t think they can hold up against the Gilmer D. Can’t wait until Thursday!!

1 hour ago, BossBear02 said:

MV was a lesser team? We also beat district champ Mineola and Malakoff after they beat Grandview in what was the “state championship game”. And got out of the region 2 gauntlet 

6 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

MV was a lesser team? We also beat district champ Mineola and Malakoff after they beat Grandview in what was the “state championship game”. And got out of the region 2 gauntlet 

U better not say anything they gonna say it’s because y’all went out and recruited 

5 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Nah I didn't mean yall as a lesser team. I was talking about teams that beat us and went to or won state. In that sense. Yall had a good team and a good run. 

15 minutes ago, BossBear02 said:

Nah I didn't mean yall as a lesser team. I was talking about teams that beat us and went to or won state. In that sense. Yall had a good team and a good run. 

Gotcha, read it the wrong way. You put us in the same paragraph  as canton so I got a little offended 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blazin97 said:

Gotcha, read it the wrong way. You put us in the same paragraph  as canton so I got a little offended 😂

Good thing he didn’t put us in that paragraph too. You probably would have broke your keyboard. 😂

Then again we are talking about playoff teams. 

8 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Good thing he didn’t put us in that paragraph too. You probably would have broke your keyboard. 😂

Then again we are talking about playoff teams. 

Hey y’all beat us in the playoffs a couple years ago. Sabines program has been trending upwards for sure. 

8 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Lesser team compared to DFs dynasty and SLC when they was 3A? Y’all and anyone else on this thread could be considered lesser than them. 

9 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Ok, about THIS game …

1. Gilmer defensive line is scary good. I think it will be a problem for GW. 

2. Gilmer secondary runs to the ball really well, so I don’t think the underneath stuff will be very effective. However, I think they might be vulnerable downfield on seam routes.  

3. To counter this, look for Gilmer to go to a nickel package on 3rd & long. They can get so much pressure just rushing 4, they don’t have to blitz to get to the QB. 

4. Offensively, Gilmer is explosive. They can score from anywhere on the field. They are mistake prone, I think.  In the scrimmages there were some turnovers. But their big play capability I think will overwhelm GW. 

I haven’t seen GW scrimmage, so I don’t know how they will play. But I think the QBs will be sacked multiple times.  I think the GW receiver will score at least once on a busted coverage big play, but I just don’t think they can hold up against the Gilmer D. Can’t wait until Thursday!!

I’m curious to see how we play as well 😂 with Gilmer’s DLine I’m wondering if we can get enough push to ground and pound. We can definitely get deep with Allen and Lewis but we’ve got to protect the Qb and the QB has to deliver the ball accurately. I’m sure Johnny has some formations that Gilmer hasn’t seen. I just hope we keep it close into the second half and then anything can happen. As far as Gilmer’s big play ability I think you’ll be surprised at how our defense has improved. I know Gilmer will score a lot but our DLine is a strength this year and we have 2 D1 kids in the secondary. Injury free football and the team getting better is all we can hope for.