Gladewater at Gilmer 08/26/2021

SHillBuckeye

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Lesser team compared to DFs dynasty and SLC when they was 3A? Y’all and anyone else on this thread could be considered lesser than them. 

Well yes, but in the context when said beat by lesser teams. That just implies getting beat by teams not as good as GW’s team. 

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

I’m curious to see how we play as well 😂 with Gilmer’s DLine I’m wondering if we can get enough push to ground and pound. We can definitely get deep with Allen and Lewis but we’ve got to protect the Qb and the QB has to deliver the ball accurately. I’m sure Johnny has some formations that Gilmer hasn’t seen. I just hope we keep it close into the second half and then anything can happen. As far as Gilmer’s big play ability I think you’ll be surprised at how our defense has improved. I know Gilmer will score a lot but our DLine is a strength this year and we have 2 D1 kids in the secondary. Injury free football and the team getting better is all we can hope for. 

I think actually Gilmer will control both lines of scrimmage. Will be a difficult task to handle Allen as usual, but Gilmer also has 2 D1 receivers In Fluellen and Rockwell, and Tennison will more likely be a lot more accurate than GWs QB. Should be a fun matchup in the secondary though! 

12 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I think actually Gilmer will control both lines of scrimmage. Will be a difficult task to handle Allen as usual, but Gilmer also has 2 D1 receivers In Fluellen and Rockwell, and Tennison will more likely be a lot more accurate than GWs QB. Should be a fun matchup in the secondary though! 

I’m impressed with Tennison. Very accurate and can run it with the best of them. I think our DL against y’all’s oline will be a good matchup. I don’t think either side will dominate that matchup and both will win at times. Overall as a team Gilmer is probably too much but if they let us hang around too long we have enough athletes to make it a game. 

6 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I’m impressed with Tennison. Very accurate and can run it with the best of them. I think our DL against y’all’s oline will be a good matchup. I don’t think either side will dominate that matchup and both will win at times. Overall as a team Gilmer is probably too much but if they let us hang around too long we have enough athletes to make it a game. 

I agree with everything you say except the line matchups. 🤷

18 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I agree with everything you say except the line matchups. 🤷

Gilmer's D Line will test our O line, but our D Line will test Gilmer O line too.... believe it or not, other teams can be good at certain areas of football too, not just gilmer

2 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Gilmer's D Line will test our O line, but our D Line will test Gilmer O line too.... believe it or not, other teams can be good at certain areas of football too, not just gilmer

I think most will discount our DL based on last year until they see it. I can see a significant difference. 

18 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Have you seen our DLine at all or are you just basing it on how good Gilmer’s Oline is ?  Just curious about your assessment. 

DLine got to tennison plenty last year. Problem is he’s a badddddd dude and would make 2-3 miss and pick up yardage. 

35 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Have you seen our DLine at all or are you just basing it on how good Gilmer’s Oline is ?  Just curious about your assessment. 

Based off last year and what Gilmer has returning. Gladewater has always had some good aggressive DL, so hoping for a good matchup 

13 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Based off last year and what Gilmer has returning. Gladewater has always had some good aggressive DL, so hoping for a good matchup 

My eyes tell me this isn’t last years DLine. I don’t even know if it’s the same set of kids because it doesn’t look like it 😂 

32 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

DLine got to tennison plenty last year. Problem is he’s a badddddd dude and would make 2-3 miss and pick up yardage. 

That’s the concern with him. I don’t think he throws as well on the run but if you flush him he can be 30 yards down the field in the blink of an eye. 

2 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

That’s the concern with him. I don’t think he throws as well on the run but if you flush him he can be 30 yards down the field in the blink of an eye. 

That's why you need a linebacker with good speed who  can spy and blitz him