Gladewater at Gilmer 08/26/2021

SHillBuckeye

15 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Do will gladewater two studs be able to hold up playing both ways the whole game 

That will definitely take a toll. That’s why having more depth will play to Gilmer’s advantage. It’s is pretty common to have players like that go both ways in 3AD1 but not nearly as common in 4A. 

• Like 1

This will be the most size we have had on the o-line in a long time. We will lean a lot on our run game this yr, after playing jv all last yr and getting moved up in the playoffs Ashton Haynes had over 500 yards just in the playoffs. Our offense will be more dynamic than last yr can’t wait to see them in a real game.

24 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

This will be the most size we have had on the o-line in a long time. We will lean a lot on our run game this yr, after playing jv all last yr and getting moved up in the playoffs Ashton Haynes had over 500 yards just in the playoffs. Our offense will be more dynamic than last yr can’t wait to see them in a real game.

With y’all’s OL this will be a true indication for us of how much improved our DL is. We have some size and speed on the defensive side of the ball. 

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I met Ashton and his dad over at Apec in Tyler. Good family. I hope Ashton has a great year. 

3 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man the Browns have a better chance at winning the super bowl 

Hmm when you look at it like this. I like our chances

which uses a team’s overall strength to predict its win-loss outcome, gives the Browns a 5% chance of winning Super Bowl LVI.

That may not seem like a lot. However, it ranks seventh behind the Kansas City Chiefs (19%), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (15%), Buffalo Bills (9%), Green Bay Packers (6%), Baltimore Ravens (6%) and San Francisco

• LOL! 4

High school football season is one day away.  Can't wait!  I wasn't able to make but one game all of last season, and that's after not missing but maybe one regular season and two playoff games most seasons (due to work).  I will go to a bunch of games this season, Lord willing.

About this game..., I just think Gilmer has too much depth for Gladewater, and it will start to show pretty early.  If the Buckeyes avoid turnovers and penalties, Gladewater will have a hard time stopping Gilmer's offense.  And on defense, Gilmer will have a definite experience advantage, and the Bear QB will be under a LOT of pressure.  I'm anxious to see how he performs under duress.

I think the game will go a lot like most of the past games in that depth will be a huge factor.  Gladewater's players will be gassed for sure.  I won't predict a score, but I do think the Buckeyes will win comfortably, and that's about as arrogant as I will get.

5 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

High school football season is one day away.  Can't wait!  I wasn't able to make but one game all of last season, and that's after not missing but maybe one regular season and two playoff games most seasons (due to work).  I will go to a bunch of games this season, Lord willing.

About this game..., I just think Gilmer has too much depth for Gladewater, and it will start to show pretty early.  If the Buckeyes avoid turnovers and penalties, Gladewater will have a hard time stopping Gilmer's offense.  And on defense, Gilmer will have a definite experience advantage, and the Bear QB will be under a LOT of pressure.  I'm anxious to see how he performs under duress.

I think the game will go a lot like most of the past games in that depth will be a huge factor.  Gladewater's players will be gassed for sure.  I won't predict a score, but I do think the Buckeyes will win comfortably, and that's about as arrogant as I will get.

That’s not arrogant at all. I think you are probably right on most points. If Gilmer doesn’t turn it over they SHOULD win. This is a tough game to start with a new young Qb. If they are running for their life and have the deer in the headlight look it will not be good for us. I’m just hoping our scheme will help them some. 

3 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

Always good to see you on here blackflag79. I hope the good Lord is willing for you to get to as many games as you want. 

I always respect everything you have to share. It's always nice to see people talking football instead of just trying to get under another team's fan's skin. Smack talk can be fun, but the last few years it's gone too far at times. 

Your post is definitely "right on" point. We will have many players going both ways which will put us in tough positions later in games.  However,  I don't think it will affect us as much as it did in years past.  We had actually, in the last 5 or so years, not had to play many guys both ways, so it really helped us from wearing down in the 4th quarter. It will be interesting to see how we will handle that situation. 

Gilmer isn't exactly a great team to have to play our 1st game against.  They will be the best team we probably play all year. They deserve all the accolades they are given going into the season. That being said, they will be a great test for us. We probably will look different than Bear teams of old. I could see us throwing a lot of different things at the Buckeyes, but then again, we might be very vanilla to start the season,  especially with young players at key positions.  I am excited to see how much better our defense is, especially going up against one of the best offenses around. I'm excited to see how our offensive line does against a really good Buckeye defense. I'm interested in seeing how Jonny uses our QB's. We actually have 4 players on varsity that can play QB. I, personally,  don't enjoy teams switching out QB's, but in the Bears case it could actually benefit them, depending on the circumstances. 

I won't be arrogant and predict a Bear victory. Win or lose we can come away with positives. On paper we really don't stand a chance, but games aren't won or lost on paper and in my many, many years I've seen teams pull off that miracle, so I can hope for one Thursday night. 😀