Friday Night Football App

HKS85

24 minutes ago, JETT said:

Would be no point in the app without a lil back and forth debates... although they do bend alot on the rules 

The individual game chats are hard to manage because there's 500 different chats each week and I definitely dont have time to manage all that...we really rely on the users to flag inappropriate posts

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

The individual game chats are hard to manage because there's 500 different chats each week and I definitely dont have time to manage all that...we really rely on the users to flag inappropriate posts

I get zilch out of the chats.  The value of the app is in the live scoring - for me.  I understand that people like to talk trash, but it goes beyond that.  It's just a toxic wasteland.  The chat is a sad place.  I'm OK with making the chat a place for paid-only subscribers, but just getting rid of it is OK too.  As long as the *point* of the app - that being able to follow the scores of other games - does not become a paid feature, I don't care what you do.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Pax said:

I get zilch out of the chats.  The value of the app is in the live scoring - for me.  I understand that people like to talk trash, but it goes beyond that.  It's just a toxic wasteland.  The chat is a sad place.  I'm OK with making the chat a place for paid-only subscribers, but just getting rid of it is OK too.  As long as the *point* of the app - that being able to follow the scores of other games - does not become a paid feature, I don't care what you do.

The only reason my vote would be to keep the chats free is last couple of minutes of the ballgames. I am sure it would be a logistical nightmare to have the chats open with 2:00 left in the game though? This would help the ones who cannot be at the games especially during the playoffs. 

43 minutes ago, HEFFRO3 said:

The only reason my vote would be to keep the chats free is last couple of minutes of the ballgames. I am sure it would be a logistical nightmare to have the chats open with 2:00 left in the game though? This would help the ones who cannot be at the games especially during the playoffs. 

I feel like this is a vote to just keep chats; not necessarily keep them free.  I agree that its nice to be able to follow a play-by-play in the chats.  Many people do that for various teams.  This is why I wouldnt be opposed to having to pay to chat.  Not to READ the chat; just to chat.  If you want to troll, you gotta pay a dollar (or whatever the fee is) every time you get booted to get back on.  I dont know who monitors the posts, but if you had to pay to chat, chances are the chat would be filled with people who actually care.  Even if the fee were a minimal amount. 

In other words, just being able to pay to chat indefinitely is not enough.  You pay to chat - if you break the "rules", you are booted - and to get back on, you have to pay again to be able to chat.  This would work whether you come back with the same account or create a new one.  Chatting comes with a fee that is small.  A dollar.  $1.50.  Whatever.  You pay that fee and you never break the rules - then you are good.  You get to chat all season for a buck, buck fifty.  If you can't help but be a poison, then you get booted, and to get back on you have to pay the fee again.  However, for those of us that just want to READ the chat and possibly follow along with someone who is posting a play-by-play, VIEWING the chat is free. 

That would be my proposal.  Short of something like this, I'd rather have no chat at all than what we have had before - and since it has been made pretty clear that monitoring those huge number of chats, it feels like just getting rid of the feature is the way to go.  And again - for me, the live scoring is the draw of the app; not the trash in the chat.

18 hours ago, MattStepp said:

We dont allow political talk on the app, I suspended a ton of people for violating the rules...political talk was rampant on the forum there...I still cant keep up with it alone but hopefully with the new updates it'll be much easier to delete inappropriate posts and ban rule violators. 

We are beta testing the new app and we are hoping to have it ready by Thursday

You don't allow political talk, but you guys allow a lot of BS go way too personal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pax said:

I feel like this is a vote to just keep chats; not necessarily keep them free.  I agree that its nice to be able to follow a play-by-play in the chats.  Many people do that for various teams.  This is why I wouldnt be opposed to having to pay to chat.  Not to READ the chat; just to chat.  If you want to troll, you gotta pay a dollar (or whatever the fee is) every time you get booted to get back on.  I dont know who monitors the posts, but if you had to pay to chat, chances are the chat would be filled with people who actually care.  Even if the fee were a minimal amount. 

In other words, just being able to pay to chat indefinitely is not enough.  You pay to chat - if you break the "rules", you are booted - and to get back on, you have to pay again to be able to chat.  This would work whether you come back with the same account or create a new one.  Chatting comes with a fee that is small.  A dollar.  $1.50.  Whatever.  You pay that fee and you never break the rules - then you are good.  You get to chat all season for a buck, buck fifty.  If you can't help but be a poison, then you get booted, and to get back on you have to pay the fee again.  However, for those of us that just want to READ the chat and possibly follow along with someone who is posting a play-by-play, VIEWING the chat is free. 

That would be my proposal.  Short of something like this, I'd rather have no chat at all than what we have had before - and since it has been made pretty clear that monitoring those huge number of chats, it feels like just getting rid of the feature is the way to go.  And again - for me, the live scoring is the draw of the app; not the trash in the chat.

I agree 100%. I just don’t want the chat to completely go away for us people who follow different teams. The chat has gotten way out of hand and most of the time is not even worth looking at. So my vote is for  paying for chats. 👍

Just now, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Or establish more mods really that simple. I couldn’t do it anymore because of that. Not worth my time.

To do that we'd have to pay 2-3 people basically a full time wage for 4 months out of the year to monitor the game chats (there's 500 each week)....that money would probably come from charging a seperate fee for the app and that fee would probably not be all that cheap....so the powers that be decided to keep the app free, make it easier to report inappropriate posts and add in some A.I. to delete stuff ahead of time...not the route I would have taken but we'll see if it works

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Agree. Some of the idiots in the chats have been ruining that app for sometime now.

I always believe it's high school kids.. it is very annoying tho.. I would pay for a sub during season... if you to chat away u would have anyone subscribe lol.. its about bsing with each other 4 months of the year... no one really wants politics on football forum.. I would ban ppl that bring up politics.. smack talking football is what it's about tho..

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

Is it?  I mean, I feel your pain here on SDC and we have just a handful of people we have to deal with compared to your site

Yes...if you see it report it...if everyone does their part it'll get cleaned up

To me its kinda like battle Royale style chat. Go in strapped, cuz you know folks are slinging haymakers. You don't have to click on the chat if it bothers you, just keep up with the scores.....just my opinion. I enjoy the play by play that some folks give. Yeah, there are some idiots that take things way too far. Ignore that part and you take the power away from them. They only want a rise.