Friday Night Football App

HKS85

17 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Parts of it I like and parts of it I don’t. I can see some improvements being made to make it easier to navigate. Supposedly it isn’t completed yet and they rolled it out early so we could keep up with scores. I’ll reserve judgement until we get a completed product. 

What parts do you like? Maybe I should hold judgment as well. But... 😬

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BossBear02 said:

What parts do you like? Maybe I should hold judgment as well. But... 😬

Well I subscribe to Dave Campbells and having all the high school articles together in one location in an app is pretty cool. I think the scoreboard will be nice with a few refinements.  They need to add back the forums, make the chat interface better (like being able to reply to someone, delete your own posts and edit your own posts). They need to make it so we can report people changing the scores incorrectly (someone already started the Gilmer game and have them up 15-0 lol). Like I said I’ll wait until we have a complete product. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Well I subscribe to Dave Campbells and having all the high school articles together in one location in an app is pretty cool. I think the scoreboard will be nice with a few refinements.  They need to add back the forums, make the chat interface better (like being able to reply to someone, delete your own posts and edit your own posts). They need to make it so we can report people changing the scores incorrectly (someone already started the Gilmer game and have them up 15-0 lol). Like I said I’ll wait until we have a complete product. 

I gotcha.  And yeah you are right they deserve a shot at working through it. I didn't see anything that said they was just giving us something for now to see scores.

If you click on the 3 bars on the top left, then click on the gear, it takes you to your profile and that’s where you add teams as favorites. After you add the team, press “add” then push the down arrow to add another team. Repeat…..

Just now, t-dub said:

If you click on the 3 bars on the top left, then click on the gear, it takes you to your profile and that’s where you add teams. After you add the team, press “add” then push the down arrow to add another team. Repeat…..

Yeah that part was pretty easy to figure out. I added our entire district so I can follow our district games. 

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

I also like having all the articles in one place and I think it is pretty easy to navigate.  I actually like it better than the old app.

5 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

Is there a reason a ton of games aren’t showing up on the app?

Looks like to me when you sort the games by division it goes by the home team. For example we (Sabine) has Spring Hill at home so it shows up in class 3A division 1 district 6. Gladewater is also in our district but they play in Gilmer so their game is showing up in Class 4 division 2 district 8. 

Just now, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

West Rusk  East Chambers wasn’t showing up yesterday. I haven’t looked for it today. 

It's there..there was a technical issue w/neutral site games not showing because there was no home team assigned

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Which games aren't showing up?? 

Well, I was looking for Carthage/Crosby and Celina/Melissa. I found them but they're housed only in the "home" team's division. Before, the app would show the games regardless of division, in both. So Crosby/Carthage would show up in both 5A DII and 4A DII. Hopefully that makes sense.

Would really, really like to see that feature come back.

Otherwise, I think the app looks not too bad, and I'm sure it will continue to improve. It pays to be a subscriber, I will say that, and I would continue to encourage people to subscribe to DCTF, because the perks outweigh the costs in my opinion.

13 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

hey, that Gilmer/Gladewater 15-0 score may be correct...Buckeyes may already be up a couple scores!!!

43 minutes ago, DwightSchrute said:

The new app is atrocious. Plain and simple. Screwed up the coaches job board and now the friday night app. When will it stop

Work……in………progress.  It’s not finished but they had to release something before the season or build one and support another.  No sense in doing double work.  I’m sure they wished it was completed before the season but stuff happens.  It is not something to get too worked up about bro.

• Thumbs Down 1