Friday Night Football App

HKS85

9 hours ago, Pax said:

This sort of thing seems like the first box to check.  Know your subscriber base.  Know how to handle the traffic.  That's step one.  Period.  The fact that they couldn't even get that right is telling.  I will also give the app a chance, but my biggest worry is that by the time they get all the wrinkles ironed out, so many people will have abandoned the app that it will render it useless.  Users are what make the app work.  If there is nobody using the app, updating scores, etc. - then the app is useless.  It should be utterly embarrassing that the developers were overwhelmed by the number of users to the point of making the app inaccessible to the majority of users.  Setting features aside entirely.  They couldn't even get the app - flaws and all - to work.  On opening weekend.  Embarrassing.

Exactly. They had the data for how many people were using the app before. You set up for that plus 15%. 

Yeah, it does have problems….  but it is free, you know? So I’m going to give it a chance to get better. I believe @MattSteppis working to fix it. I’ve used it for many years to do scores during our halftime and postgame so I hope everyone will be patient and give it a chance to get fixed. I also think the chat room is 75% toxic and 25% good discussions. Just flag stuff that’s bad, it’s easy. 

1 hour ago, GTAlumnus said:

Well it is a huge disappointment to lose the app.  Even if it had worked last night it is not even a shadow of the previous ap.  If they bought it just improve it or keep it the same.   No need to re-invent the wheel.  The old one was fine especially after they finally got it on servers that could handle thousands of crazed high school football fans.  I expect more from Texas Football, I have bought the issue every year since 1984 and am a current subscriber.  I got my scores on Smoaky and KXII channel 12 in Sherman.  During the game I got an occasional connection but even then the list of scores were not updated - I could only see the score if I drilled down to a game and said I was a score changer.  But this was only about 10% functional.    The old app was a big part of a fun Friday night.  I hate to see it go.

I agree.  I hope they get it figured out.  Going into the app and checking the scores of other games I was interested in while there was a lag in the game in front of me was a gigantic part of the joy of Friday Night.  I think ("hope") they are as passionate about Friday Night Football as we are and will fix this horrible mess of an app.  We shall see. 

4 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I agree just have smoaky have a sport tracker or just a single thread like Friday of course only as good as the person putting the information into it.

That would be awesome. If the old app doesn't get somewhat of the same set up it had then its pointless. 

• Like 2

Guest Tiger03lb
49 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Happy Mon.  Clicked on the App with 5G WiFi connected, got the death spiral after clicking on Game Schedules.

Think everyone is. Hopefully they're doing what they need to for the app

I'm not gonna delete the app after one weekend, but even when it worked for me, I didn't like the changes.  I don't like the look of it or how they changed the choices.  The favorites selection is weird also.

Feels like unnecessary changes to things that were fine before....