What would it take?

mellon

What would it take for the anti-covid vaccine crowd to eventually take the vaccine? I'm pretty sure us older #### have taken numerous vaccines in our lifetime and in doing so have stopped the spread of some serious diseases.

What say you?

14 minutes ago, mellon said:

What would it take for the anti-covid vaccine crowd to eventually take the vaccine? I'm pretty sure us older #### have taken numerous vaccines in our lifetime and in doing so have stopped the spread of some serious diseases.

What say you?

I'm guessing a number would say trust in the media and government officials vis-a-vis information. I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

I'm guessing a number would say trust in the media and government officials vis-a-vis information. I could be wrong.

But our guy President Trump was the one cracking the whip to get this vaccine thing going.

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

A virus with a higher mortality rate than 94-99% for starters...

Two people close to me each had a son get covid. One died and the other very young person is waiting on a hospital bed since right now there is no room for more covid patients. It's not worth the risk of watching someone (if not yourself)  very close to you get this disease.

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

If an “anti-vaxer “ doesn’t take the vaccine & subsequently dies, just like many who have received the vaccine & died anyway... this affects you How?🤔

How many have taken the vaccine and then died of covid?

11 minutes ago, mellon said:

Two people close to me each had a son get covid. One died and the other very young person is waiting on a hospital bed since right now there is no room for more covid patients. It's not worth the risk of watching someone (if not yourself)  very close to you get this disease.

While that's sad to hear,  those cases are outliers.  My wife's entire family has had it,  including a 90+ year old.  They're all still alive.  I know 2 people who have died for other reasons as well,  but I'm not going to advocate for prohibiting the actions and lifestyles of others because of it.  Finally,  the CDC isn't even mandating the vaccine for it's own employees.  That's saying something right there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PepeSilvia said:

In fairness...they are not the only group with low vax rates. Black and brown folks also have low vax rates and also make the spread and possibly mutations possible. They just do not get the same level of condemnation from the media that un-vaxxed repubs/white conservatives get. I wonder why that is?

3 hours ago, mellon said:

Lots of Hospitals aren’t full, most are short staffed.  

26 minutes ago, SloppyJoe said:

I would take the poke if I knew it wasn't chipped. What would it take to secure the border?

Chipped? That’s about the most conspiracy theorist thing I’ve heard and i was one of the most hesitant about vaccines.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

In fairness...they are not the only group with low vax rates. Black and brown folks also have low vax rates and also make the spread and possibly mutations possible. They just do not get the same level of condemnation from the media that un-vaxxed repubs/white conservatives get. I wonder why that is?

That’s not hard to figure out.  

6 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Chipped? That’s about the most conspiracy theorist thing I’ve heard and i was one of the most hesitant about vaccines.

Thanks. The microchips they place in migratory birds are smaller than a grain of rice. They've used these for over 12 years now.

1 minute ago, EnjoyLife said:

In my experience...nearly every business stays short staffed. That is why service is lousy pretty much every where.

A lot of that is people with the attitude, “Why work when Uncle Sugar will pay you to stay home?” I’d much rather earn my money than have it given to me; That attitude is in my DNA. My old man worked up until he was 83 & died at 85, wore slap out.😕