2021-22 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

LoboFan07

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

I am really not liking some of the projections I am seeing for realignment.

Nac. staying 9-5a in Region 3 but in the same district with Brenham, Dayton, Huntsville, Montgomery, PNG and Nederland. 

This means Pine Tree goes North

23 hours ago, hoopscoach17 said:

The only other thing that could happen in the East Texas 5A D1 District is the could add South Garland (2162) if they don't opt up to play with the rest of the Garland schools.

South Garland has been opted up for the better part of the last decade and a half. Garland wants all their schools together.

5 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

South Garland has been opted up for the better part of the last decade and a half. Garland wants all their schools together.

other large school districts do this too. (El Paso, Austin, San Antonio) 

makes it easier to schedule events, especially the use of a football stadium.  

On 12/9/2021 at 6:49 PM, JTFAN99 said:

other large school districts do this too. (El Paso, Austin, San Antonio) 

makes it easier to schedule events, especially the use of a football stadium.  

Mesquite is the only one that doesn’t. It would have made things easier to have all five schools in on district 

36 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

What is wrong with it?

1.  It’s 2:15 from Marshall to Greenville.  Hardly  any of it interstate driving.  Mostly 2 lane country roads. 

2.  Nacogdoches geographically makes much more sense than Greenville. 

3.  Don’t mind Terrell. At least it’s a straight shot on I-20.  But they have practically zero history with anyone in that district. *yawn* 

4.  Texarkana to Terrell is 330 miles round trip. 

Keep the district intact minus Jacksonville. Keep Grenville in the district they are in. Geographically they should be in a metroplex district. Not East Texas.  Same with Terrell tbh. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

1.  It’s 2:15 from Marshall to Greenville.  Hardly  any of it interstate driving.  Mostly 2 lane country roads. 

3.  Don’t mind Terrell. At least it’s a straight shot on I-20.  But they have practically zero history with anyone in that district. *yawn* 

Keep the district intact minus Jacksonville. Keep Grenville in the district they are in. Geographically they should be in a metroplex district. Not East Texas.  Same with Terrell tbh. 

Terrell came east back in the late 90s. They were in the district with Jax, WH, I think Brownsboro, etc.  But I agree with you. Keep same district minus Jacksonville.

I’ve seen so many mock alignments this year it’s insane.  Every variation you can imagine. 

From the same district minus Jax, to us with the Mesquite schools with no Nac or MP or THS. Seen us with Ennis and Corsicana and Terrell. Seen us with Greenville. 

I think @MattStepp has the best one I’ve seen.  That’s the one I’m hoping for. 

On 12/15/2021 at 10:46 AM, Mavchamp said:

Can’t you drive down 80 most of the way to Greenville?

5 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I’ve seen so many mock alignments this year it’s insane.  Every variation you can imagine. 

From the same district minus Jax, to us with the Mesquite schools with no Nac or MP or THS. Seen us with Ennis and Corsicana and Terrell. Seen us with Greenville. 

I think @MattStepp has the best one I’ve seen.  That’s the one I’m hoping for. 

Texas high is going to drive regardless of what district they are in because of where they are.

Longview knocks off Tyler Legacy, 73-43, last night...improving to 10-7 on the year. Finally turning things around it feels. Lobos knocked off both Tyler ISD schools this week, after defeating Tyler High on Tuesday 74-62. Both on the road.

Good couple of road wins, plus a revenge W over Nac last weekend, before heading into district play next week against Mount Pleasant.

10 hours ago, ANTI said:

@LOL sooo, whats this about the new indoor coming to Loboland?

You talking about the Satterwhite Center, or the new Womack School? 

The Satterwhite Center is just a small, humble project...  only a few hundred million dollars of taxpayer funds. 

NxUATgO.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LOL said:

You talking about the Satterwhite Center, or the new Womack School? 

The Satterwhite Center is just a small, humble project...  only a few hundred million dollars of taxpayer funds. 

NxUATgO.jpeg

The Satterwhite Center lol

On Womack, they were originally going to rename South Ward into Womack right?

• Like 1

15-5A Girls Basketball Standings
Mount Pleasant (2-0), (?-?)
Texas High (2-0), (?-?)
Marshall (1-0), (10-4)
Hallsville (1-1), (6-10)
Longview (0-1), (?-?)
Pine Tree (0-2), (3-10)
Sulphur Springs (0-2), (0-17)

Game 1
Hallsville beat Longview 51-50
Texas High beat Pine Tree 47-33
Mount Pleasant beat Sulphur Springs (final?)
Marshall- OFF

Game 2
Texas High beat Sulphur Springs 55-30
Marshall beat Pine Tree 49-41
Mount Pleasant beat Hallsville 48-45
Longview- OFF

Game 3 (Monday/Tuesday)
Longview Vs. Mount Pleasant
Sulphur Springs Vs. Marshall
Hallsville Vs. Texas High
Pine Tree- OFF

MP and THS will be looking to improve 3-0 to start district this week as they head in to the Christmas break.  Marshall looking to keep pace at (2-0) against a winless SS team.  Shaping up to be a good race thus far.  

------------------

15-5A Boys Basketball Standings
Hallsville (0-0), (16-2)
Sulphur Springs (0-0), (14-5)
Longview (0-0), (10-7)
Mount Pleasant (0-0), (8-5)
Pine Tree (0-0), (6-6)
Marshall (0-0), (5-8)
Texas High (0-0), (4-13)

Game 1
Mount Pleasant Vs. Longview
Texas High Vs. Hallsville
Marshall Vs. Sulphur Springs
Pine Tree- OFF

This is looking to be a REALLY GOOD race with Hallsville, SS, and Longview all looking strong right now.  MP is the defending district champ...and they have played a brutal non-district schedule and came out with an (8-5) record.  Get your popcorn ready!

I was looking at the numbers Matt Stepp put up for a proposed 7A and how that could affect East Texas 5A.

He proposed:

7A: 2825 and up
6A: 2000-2824
5A Div I: 1591-1999
5A Div II: 1060-1590

That sends Longview, Lufkin, and Tyler back to 6A.

5A Div I: 
Nacogdoches and Texas High would move up to 5A Div I.

Nacogdoches
Brenham
Bryan Rudder
Lamar Consolidated
Montgomery Lake Creek
Huntsville

With Fulshear and AMC moving up to 6A, Brenham and Nacogdoches will fill the gap

-----
Texas High would likely stay on an I-30 district

Texas High
Lucas Lovejoy
Mesquite Poteet
Princeton
Frisco Emerson
Frisco Independence
Frisco Liberty
Frisco Memorial.  

5A Div II:
This could get wild....depending how UIL decides to divy things up. There are as many as 18 schools that could be thrown into an East Texas district.

Mount Pleasant
Sulphur Springs
Greenville
Marshall
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Kilgore
Lindale
Tyler Chapel Hill
Jacksonville
Terrell
Whitehouse
Melissa
Denison
Princeton
Kaufman
Ennis
Corsicana

I literally came up with almost an endless number of combinations here.  The DFW schools are the wildcards.  Would they stay grouped together.... or would the be split to go along an I-30/I-20 line.

DFW:  Kaufman, Princeton, Denison, Melissa, Terrell, Greenville
East:  Marshall, Hallsville, Pine Tree, Mount Pleasant, Kilgore, Sulphur Springs
West: Whitehouse, Jacksonville, Chapel Hill, Lindale, Corsicana, Ennis

North:  Princeton, Denison, Melissa, Greenville, Sulphur Springs, Mount Pleasant
South:  Marshall, Hallsville, Pine Tree, Kilgore, Whitehouse, Chapel Hill, Lindale
DFW:  Kaufman, Terrell, Corsicana, Ennis, Jacksonville

North:  Marshall, Hallsville, PT, MP, SS, Greenville, Lindale
South:  Kaufman, Terrell, Kilgore, WH, Jacksonville, Chapel Hill, 
DFW: Princeton, Melissa, Denison, Ennis, Corsicana

Going to be interesting to see how things go down.  Of course all this could be out the window by 2024.  There is a chance Hallsville and Whitehouse could be Div I by then... giving Texas High some East Texas neighbors.

All speculation.