2021-22 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

LoboFan07

Lady Lobos begin their basketball season tomorrow at home against Carthage.

Ladies looking to rebound from the worst record in program history last season, when Longview managed only 4 wins. Previous record for least amount of wins came in 2012 with 11.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Projections starting to come out. This guy posts over on the 5A Board a lot and he's really good at all the enrollment stuff. Jacksonville fans won't be happy.

5A D1:
FENo5ELXwAEaOPE?format=jpg

5A D2:
FENmuuBWYAESLfx?format=jpg

Other sports 5A:
FENo9erXwAISTSA?format=jpg

hmmm.  lots of changes in div.1.  Abilene to Amarillo is a drive.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

yea.  Tyler/LV district got alot tougher. 

I could stil see tyler getting second, lancaster would be a toss up but they have started losing kids with Gilbert leaving. Red oak was not good, north mesquite lord they were awful. Timber view is a toss up but I think we could get them. 

1 minute ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I could stil see tyler getting second, lancaster would be a toss up but they have started losing kids with Gilbert leaving. Red oak was not good, north mesquite lord they were awful. Timber view is a toss up but I think we could get them. 

The big difference in this one is having Ryan go into District 6.

That would mean the 2nd place team out of our district would get them in round 2. Only one round difference, but still pretty significant.

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

The big difference in this one is having Ryan go into District 6.

That would mean the 2nd place team out of our district would get them in round 2. Only one round difference, but still pretty significant.

Very true what I don’t understand is why are they not in district 4?? It makes more sense why drive across the DFW to Dallas when aledo and others are closer. 

3 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Very true what I don’t understand is why are they not in district 4?? It makes more sense why drive across the DFW to Dallas when aledo and others are closer. 

With El Paso opting up all of their teams, they're guaranteed 2 districts. So DFW is losing 1 district.

That pushes Fort Worth basically all into one district, which is 9 teams now. They're not going to have an 11 team district (Northwest would go West before Ryan would) when Frisco (in this scenario) only have 6 teams in D1. Sherman and North really should be with those Frisco teams tbh. North is literally right there next to them. And Sherman is just right up the road.

El Paso opting everyone up really screws up everything in Dallas area.

3 hours ago, Ace said:

Highland Park to 6A.    Will that happen? 

I'm not convinced yet.  UIL could have selected 250 schools. last yr, but they didn't,they took 245. Why..don't know but I know Highland Park was between 246-250.  I believe its the same this yr. 

I’d LOVE to return to region 2!!!!!  The travel for the first 2… maybe 3 rounds would be exponentially less.

This alignment seems pretty good with question marks on Sulphur Springs in district 7 and Jacksonville in 8.  

The much improved Nac Lady Dragons beat Longview Lady Lobos 36-21 last night.

Nac is playing better defense and look to have bought in to the coaching change, starting the season 2-0. There is still a long way to go but looking  good to start the season.

Longview played hard, but only had 6 players on varsity last night and 2 of them being freshmen. Multiple injuries and Covid took down the Lady Lobo roster last night. 

27 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

The much improved Nac Lady Dragons beat Longview Lady Lobos 36-21 last night.

Nac is playing better defense and look to have bought in to the coaching change, starting the season 2-0. There is still a long way to go but looking  good to start the season.

Longview played hard, but only had 6 players on varsity last night and 2 of them being freshmen. Multiple injuries and Covid took down the Lady Lobo roster last night. 

That explains it. I know we dropped to 0-3 last night, but one of those had to be freakin Timpson...

Hopefully they can get healthier before district. Congrats Nac.

On 11/15/2021 at 9:07 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Projections starting to come out. This guy posts over on the 5A Board a lot and he's really good at all the enrollment stuff. Jacksonville fans won't be happy.

5A D1:
FENo5ELXwAEaOPE?format=jpg

5A D2:
FENmuuBWYAESLfx?format=jpg

Other sports 5A:
FENo9erXwAISTSA?format=jpg

Yeah, I saw this. Of course, it’s all speculation. Padilla is usually pretty good, too. He has 5D D2 1319-1933. We’d be 4A D1. The projection you post is realistic and could happen. But the UIL usually go up at least 50 in 5A. That would put Jax in 4A. Hope so. The number of 5A schools that have opened in metroplex and Houston had put pressure on the lower number that was 1229 last time. JAX is 1278, just need 50. 

That alignment for both districts could be spot on minus Sulphur Springs and Jacksonville.  Each district with 7 schools instead of 8. Very workable. 

But moving the south 5A district (Marshall, Hallsville, Nac, WH, Texarkana, PT, MP) from district 9 in region III into district 8 in region II would be huge. 

Instead of traveling all the way to College Station, Bryan, Huntsville, North Houston in the first round you get much closer games Vs Ennis, Corsicana, Greenville.

Second round games Vs Frisco/Denison instead of South Houston/Golden Triangle games.

JMHO.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

But moving the south 5A district (Marshall, Hallsville, Nac, WH, Texarkana, PT, MP) from district 9 in region III into district 8 in region II would be huge.

I would count on it. El Paso opting everyone up to 5A D1 like they've reported they've going to would suggest it.

Going to push everyone in 5A D1 up North together, but 5A D2 will have a lot of space.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I would count on it. El Paso opting everyone up to 5A D1 like they've reported they've going to would suggest it.

Going to push everyone in 5A D1 up North together, but 5A D2 will have a lot of space.

I hope so. 

13 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

That alignment for both districts could be spot on minus Sulphur Springs and Jacksonville.  Each district with 7 schools instead of 8. Very workable. 

Instead of traveling all the way to College Station, Bryan, Huntsville, North Houston in the first round you get much closer games Vs Ennis, Corsicana, Greenville.

Second round games Vs Frisco/Denison instead of South Houston/Golden Triangle games.

JMHO.  

Would love for the district stay intact even if Jax and SS move to 4a, going with a 7 team district gives each of us another non-district game to work stuff out. Moving to Region 2 vs 3 lets us play schools a little closer. Anything to keep Nac from going south. I would like to see Nac matchup vs Crandall, Ennis, Corsicana vs Huntsville and College St.