The Official Powerlifter Thread

powerlifter

On 8/2/2021 at 1:51 PM, DAWG91 said:

I think it was more than the onside kick.  Jus' my .02

Haha..!  No doubt!  We came out and punched the Dawgs in the mouth, and woke them up, and they commenced to giving us a beatdown.  I will tell you this:  nobody was going to beat Carthage last year.  It happens occasionally.  One team is just much better than everybody else.  That was Carthage last year.  I've also said in the past, I will never "bet" against Surratt in the championship game.  Maybe this year it will be a little more even.  Who knows for sure?  I do think the gap has closed some.  Whether it's enough or not, we'll see.

Also, somebody mentioned the 2006 Gilmer/Liberty-Eylau game.  I have always been a realist.  My brother and I were talking on the way to the game, and to be honest, we were worried about the Leopards.  I had told him much earlier in the season after the Daingerfield game that if ANYBODY held us under 40 points they would likely beat us.  Sure enough..., that's exactly what happened.  We didn't buy into the hype that we were unbeatable.  Mainly because, for all the offensive prowess that team had, their defense was extremely suspect.  That 2006 team was a prime example of the old saying, "Offense wins games, but defense wins championships."

5 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

Haha..!  No doubt!  We came out and punched the Dawgs in the mouth, and woke them up, and they commenced to giving us a beatdown.  I will tell you this:  nobody was going to beat Carthage last year.  It happens occasionally.  One team is just much better than everybody else.  That was Carthage last year.  I've also said in the past, I will never "bet" against Surratt in the championship game.  Maybe this year it will be a little more even.  Who knows for sure?  I do think the gap has closed some.  Whether it's enough or not, we'll see.

Also, somebody mentioned the 2006 Gilmer/Liberty-Eylau game.  I have always been a realist.  My brother and I were talking on the way to the game, and to be honest, we were worried about the Leopards.  I had told him much earlier in the season after the Daingerfield game that if ANYBODY held us under 40 points they would likely beat us.  Sure enough..., that's exactly what happened.  We didn't buy into the hype that we were unbeatable.  Mainly because, for all the offensive prowess that team had, their defense was extremely suspect.  That 2006 team was a prime example of the old saying, "Offense wins games, but defense wins championships."

Gilmer will be better for sure and I do expect the score to be lower but with this Dawg D, I not sure Gilmer or anyone else will score 14 points on the the Dawg starters. 
I do believe on Gilmer side of the bracket, no one will beat them and they will return to Jerry World. 

• powerlifter changed the title to freshmen last year played in the game we lost
  • Stoney changed the title to The Official Powerlifter Thread
  • Stoney featured and unfeatured this topic