πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰ The Official District 10 - 2A DI Thread for 2021 πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰

trueblue82

Not that he’s the MVP or anything but Joaquin Β officially lost QB/FS for the season to a knee surgery. Hurt it in practice the week of Clarksville. Helmets only and was simply fielding a kick. Non contact.... Freakish thing ever. PG in basketball too.... Gonna miss basketball season too. 4 months no athletic activity at all.... Y’all send a prayer of acceptance up for em.... Hard for a young man to sit by and watch while others get to compete....Cole Bragg is the kid....✌🏻

50 minutes ago, GreaseLightning said:

Not that he’s the MVP or anything but Joaquin Β officially lost QB/FS for the season to a knee surgery. Hurt it in practice the week of Clarksville. Helmets only and was simply fielding a kick. Non contact.... Freakish thing ever. PG in basketball too.... Gonna miss basketball season too. 4 months no athletic activity at all.... Y’all send a prayer of acceptance up for em.... Hard for a young man to sit by and watch while others get to compete....Cole Bragg is the kid....✌🏻

I am so sorry to hear this. For a competitive young man like Cole, I know this has to be extra hard. I don’t know him personally but I know the caliber of kid he is (his older brother, too!). My son had to miss the second half of Winona and the entire San Augustine game because of an injury and it almost killed him. He asked the coaches at halftime if he could go in when we were down 20-6 at the half to SA. They said NO. The love that these type kids have of the game and their teammates is inspirational and doubly hard when they can’t compete. He in no way has let down his team (they sometimes feel like that!) and the good Lord must have a reason (though we can’t understand it) for this to happen. Prayers for him and that he’ll heal up really well and that he’ll keep his spirits up and be an encouragement to his teammates as he transitions into this role. I don’t remember what grade he is in but hope he has more football and basketball in his future. God bless all of you (his parents included! Tough to watch your son who loves to compete have to sit out! 😩).Β 

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I am so sorry to hear this. For a competitive young man like Cole, I know this has to be extra hard. I don’t know him personally but I know the caliber of kid he is (his older brother too!). My son had to miss the second half of Winona and the entire San Augustine game because of an injury and it almost killed him. He asked the coaches at halftime if he could go in when we were down 20-6 at the half to SA. They said NO. The love that these type kids have of the game and their teammates is inspirational and doubly hard when they can’t compete. He in no way has let down his team (they sometimes feel like that!) and the good Lord must have a reason (though we can’t understand it) for this to happen. Prayers for him and that he’ll heal up really well and that he’ll keep his spirits up and be an encouragement to his teammates as he transitions into this role. I don’t remember what grade he is in but hope he has more football and basketball in his future. God bless all of you (his parents included! Tough to watch your competitive son have to sit out! 😩).Β 

Thx bud.... he is a junior.... He’ll work hard and get back for senior season.... Great thing about athletics is that it is a brotherhood and true competitors share a common passion....

• Like 1

Just now, GreaseLightning said:

Thx bud.... he is a junior.... He’ll work hard and get back for senior season.... Great thing about athletics is that it is a brotherhood and true competitors share a common passion....

You bet! Glad to hear he’s not a senior. That definitely helps. All the best to Joaquin.Β 

• Like 1