πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰ District 11-2A (D1) - 2021-2022 πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰

StingEmALTO

Alto, Centerville and Normangee win this week. All three are in the playoffs barring something crazy. Normangee and Centerville are locked in for sure.Β 
Β 

Centerville - 3-0 - Has Grapeland and Normangee left

Normangee - 3-0 - Has Alto and Centerville left

Alto - 2-1 - Has Normangee and Groveton left

Grapeland - 1-2 - Has Centerville and Leon left

Leon - 0-3 - Has Groveton and Grapeland left

Groveton - 0-3 - Has Leon and Alto left

Β 

• Like 1

WeekΒ 8Β 11-2AΒ District Results:
* Alto 46 - Leon 0
*Β Centerville 56 -Β Groveton Β 6
*Β NormangeeΒ 56 - Β Grapeland 36
Β 
DistrictΒ 11-2A Standings:
(3-0 | 7-1) Centerville
(3-0 | 5-3) Normangee Β 
(2-1 | 4-2)Β Alto
(1-2 |Β 4-4)Β GrapelandΒ 
(0-3 | 3-5)Β LeonΒ 
(0-3 | 0-7)Β Groveton

Week 9 11-2AΒ District Schedule:
* Normangee (3-0 | 5-3) @ Alto (2-1 | 4-2)
* Centerville Β (3-0 | 7-1) @ Grapeland (1-2 | 4-4)
* Leon (0-3 | 3-5) @ Groveton (0-3 | 0-7)

So with the results from the games last night there were no changes in the district standings from last week. Centerville and Normangee sit atop the district with no losses. I thought maybe Grapeland might have defeated Normangee but @RETIREDFAN1was right; Normangee took care of business (and I’m down in the standings again. lol).

This week’s showdown between Alto and Normangee is the big game of the week and has major playoff implications. If Centerville can handle Grapeland (and they should) and Normangee, who was picked to win the district, can defeat Alto (I think Alto wins) that would set up 2 undefeated teams in district going all out the last week for the championship. Should Alto defeat Normangee and then Normangee somehow turn around and defeat Centerville next week, there would be a three way tie for first! Then the point system would take over. If Centerville wins out, they are the district champs.

The third place team might actually have the β€œeasier” road in the playoffs….and by β€œeasier” I mean the 2nd place team gets Timpson in Round 2 and the 3rd place team gets Beckville (should everyone take care of business in Round 1).Β We’re getting down to the nitty gritty and these next couple weeks will be very interesting!

A side note: Groveton plays Leon this week. I don’t know a whole lot about Leon football history but Groveton is steeped in tradition as everyone knows. Groveton is sitting where Alto did last year at this time….zero wins so far. They have the opportunity this week with 0-3 Leon coming to town. I looked it up because I was wondering when Groveton did not win a game in a season. The last time was 1944! (They didn’t play in 42 or 43 because of WW2.) This is a big game from an historical perspective, especially for the real deal Groveton fans. They are probably Alto’s biggest historical rival and I hope they can get that dub this week because next week…..NOPE. Lol We need to finish strong and wrap up district and be ready for playoffs! So good luck this week Groveton vs. Leon! Do some Indian war dance and summons that BIG RED spirit and take care of business. πŸ™Œ

• Like 1

I believe Leon picks up the next two games and pulls into the 4th spot. The Grapeland Leon game will be close but I feel they will pull it off. I feel that Alto will take it this week. Groveton honestly will probably end up winless which is so weird knowing the history and pride of that program.Β 
Β 

I expect this order when it’s all said and done.

Centerville

Alto

Normangee

LeonΒ 

Grapeland

GrovetonΒ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacketgrad06 said:

I believe Leon picks up the next two games and pulls into the 4th spot. The Grapeland Leon game will be close but I feel they will pull it off. I feel that Alto will take it this week. Groveton honestly will probably end up winless which is so weird knowing the history and pride of that program.Β 
Β 

I expect this order when it’s all said and done.

Centerville

Alto

Normangee

LeonΒ 

Grapeland

GrovetonΒ 

I think you’re back to your original order aren’t you? And you might be right but I think Grapeland beats Leon. πŸ€”Β 

29 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

What happened to GrapelandΒ 

I think Grapeland and Leon will duke it out in the last game for the 4th playoff spot.

What happened to them? I don’t know. Most of their team was back and they have some talent for sure. Someone else will have to chime in. I know basketball season is near….. πŸ€Β 

On 10/21/2021 at 6:39 PM, StingEmALTO said:

Dave Campbell’s projections for Region 3 playoffs: (We’ll see how this shakes out after tomorrow night’s games!)

8B1E9692-8FD5-400F-8197-31A578D95624.jpeg

Welp…..Mr. Campbell gonna have to rework this. πŸ˜‚ Alto defeats Normangee and Thorndale loses to Thrall so that puts Hearne and Thorndale with identical 4-1 records. Holland is 3-1. Hearne and Thorndale duke it out this week. INTERESTING.Β 

27 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Welp…..Mr. Campbell gonna have to rework this. πŸ˜‚ Alto defeats Normangee and Thorndale loses to Thrall so that puts Hearne and Thorndale with identical 4-1 records. Holland is 3-1. Hearne and Thorndale duke it out this week. INTERESTING.Β 

He missed on the other side of bracket also,we took Hawkins down.now it will get weird lolΒ