πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰ District 11-2A (D1) - 2021-2022 πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰

StingEmALTO

WeekΒ 9Β 11-2AΒ District Results:
* Alto 56 - Normangee 23
*Β CentervilleΒ 67 -Β Grapeland Β 8
*Β Groveton 30 - Β Leon 26
Β 
DistrictΒ 11-2A Standings:
(4-0 | 8-1) Centerville
(3-1 | 5-2) Alto Β 
(3-1 | 5-4)Β Normangee
(1-3 |Β 4-5)Β GrapelandΒ 
(1-3 | 1-7)Β Groveton Β 
(0-3 | 3-6)Β Leon

Week 10 11-2AΒ District Schedule:
* Groveton (1-3 | 1-7) @ Alto (3-1 | 5-2)
* Centerville Β (3-0 | 7-1) @ Β NormangeeΒ (3-1 | 5-4)
* Grapeland Β (1-3 | 4-5) @ Leon (0-3 | 3-6)

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

* Alto 56 - Normangee 23
Β 
(4-0 | 8-1) Centerville
(3-1 | 5-2) Alto Β 
(3-1 | 5-4)Β Normangee
(1-3 |Β 4-5)Β GrapelandΒ 
(1-3 | 1-7)Β Groveton Β 
(0-3 | 3-6)Β Leon

Well it could be interesting if Leon picks up a win over Grapeland- I am expecting Grapeland to win. Β If Normangee wins over Centerville we better get our pencils sharpened. Β StingEm you got the points figured yet?Β 

3 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

* Alto 56 - Normangee 23
Β 
(4-0 | 8-1) Centerville
(3-1 | 5-2) Alto Β 
(3-1 | 5-4)Β Normangee
(1-3 |Β 4-5)Β GrapelandΒ 
(1-3 | 1-7)Β Groveton Β 
(0-3 | 3-6)Β Leon

Alto

Centerville

Grapeland

3 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Well it could be interesting if Leon picks up a win over Grapeland- I am expecting Grapeland to win. Β If Normangee wins over Centerville we better get our pencils sharpened. Β StingEm you got the points figured yet?Β 

As I understand it, Normangee has to beat Centerville by 17 (or more) to force a 3-way tie. Β Not sure the tie breaker. I’ll have to find out!Β πŸ€”Β 

12 minutes ago, StillGreezy said:

What in the H happened to Grapeland?

Greezy, you’re not getting any answers. Lol I don’t have the inside track on Grapeland football. But basketball season is coming…. πŸ€ Those Sandies do love them some bball! And dang good at it, too!

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Tol yall that Friday night light coin toss was viable..never underestimate the power of karma to hose all involved at every opportunity ✌️

I can’t believe in this day and age they still do a coin toss to decide seeding. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ Figured it was more complicated than that!

6 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I can’t believe in this day and age they still do a coin toss to decide seeding. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ Figured it was more complicated than that!

I'll never forget in 1980....Colmesneil and High Island finished 9-1.....Colmesneil won district on tails.....lol

• Wow 1

28 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Ouch.....

I’m so glad they opened it up to more than one team. And THESE DAYS some may argue that four is too many. Maybe, maybe not. Some of those 4 seeds (like Garrison last year) get hot and make a push in the playoffs. Some districts are just stronger than others. So I’m not opposed at all. It works itself out.Β 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I’m so glad they opened it up to more than one team. And THESE DAYS some may argue that four is too many. Maybe, maybe not. Some of those 4 seeds (like Garrison last year) get hot and make a push in the playoffs. Some districts are just stronger than others. So I’m not opposed at all. It works itself out.Β 

The last few years I have done the percentages on the seeding wins. Β The 4 seeds always advance 15-20% of the time from the 1st round. In the smaller school’s that percentage is closer to the 20% of the 4 seed won in the first round. I used to think that there was too many with 4 but many districts are so much weaker top to bottom then others.Β 

7 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

The last few years I have done the percentages on the seeding wins. Β The 4 seeds always advance 15-20% of the time from the 1st round. In the smaller school’s that percentage is closer to the 20% of the 4 seed won in the first round. I used to think that there was too many with 4 but many districts are so much weaker top to bottom then others.Β 

That’s interesting. And I agree. You’ll see entire districts swept in round 1.Β