1st Scrimmage Location/Reports

Yoe09

15 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Friday:  Beckville @ Alto!

JV 5:00 | Varsity 6:00

0515E987-3277-4061-8517-D9671229F15A.jpeg

Dang it,I was trying to get back in time tonight to run down and watch yall….of course I blew a tire over in Marquez and still waiting,gotta ease over to the old Rockdale power plant and drop a tlr off…just my luck 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Crockett ball 9 times 1 td

Franklin ball 5 times was driving on 5th but ran out of time 4 tds

All controlled

About to start some red zone Crockett 1 td 6 drives

Franklin 5 drives 5tds

Total tds Crockett 2 Franklin 9

Only time franklin did not score was when time ran out to switch sides...

Where you at maxjean? Did you go?

• Like 1

Jv Mineola scored 2 times to winona 0 both teams played good ball 

Varsity both defenses held each other in the 1s and 2s neither scored 

Varsity both teams scored once at the end during the x amount of plays from the 35 if I'm not mistaken, no live quarter

Not sure if Mineola is down this year or what but I was impressed with winona the whole scrimmage.... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Dang it,I was trying to get back in time tonight to run down and watch yall….of course I blew a tire over in Marquez and still waiting,gotta ease over to the old Rockdale power plant and drop a tlr off…just my luck 🤷‍♂️

Of course that would happen on a FRIDAY! About right. 😂 

1 minute ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

3-2 Beckville over Alto. Jackets led 2-1 for a while then gave up a TD on a good strong drive by Beckville and a deep bomb that we could’ve covered better to say the least. Pleased with what we saw. Still plenty of work to do. Beckville has a good team. 

I liked what I saw! Some things to work on both sides of the ball, but DANG those two defensive goal line stands got me PUMPED! The first a fumble recovery and then the interception. We bent but we didn’t break. Good things to come.

Good luck to Beckville . They have a solid team and a great QB. Not only can that dude run, but he can sling it too! Big line up front. They’ll have a good year.

Now, GO JACKETS! Lol We’re heading to Shelbyville next week!

• Like 1

Only witnessed 2 quarter simulation. Melissa 14 PG 14. PG started with a methodical 12+ play drive with nice run/pass mix. Melissa ran ultra fast pace mostly passes to score quickly. PG turned ball over 2 times and gave Cards short fields but missed 2 FGs. Melissa completed 50+ pass down to 1 scored next play to go up 14-7 then unloaded bench. PG seemed to leave mostly 1st team in and scored on a pass to Huge #40 where he broke multiple tackles.

2 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

That will be a short one and extremely vanilla on the offensive side for Winny...Coach Finney absolutely hates scrimmages!!

Umm dude,winny ball is the definition of vanilla,it goes as follows…hit ya on the left cheek,then on the right,then rite in da mouth…And be on the bus and leaving in a hour 45…lol 

Maud vs Cooper.  1s on 1s  it was 1-0 Cooper 

maud vs Prairieland 1s on 1s it was 2-1 Maud.   

Maud scored throwing the ball but the O line definitely is much improved from last year.   Kids have worked hard and it shows.  I feel like we will have a pretty good season.     

• Like 1