Even public school teachers are turning to homeschooling

RETIREDFAN1

45 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

I'm telling you, once people figure out they can homeschool, I think more and more people will, if they're able. From what I understand, some areas even have homeschool leagues for sports and such. Or you'll have a team full of home-schooled students.

I think one of the problems is, there are a lot of teachers and politicians who are against it, and who may try to pass legislation to be stricter with it or to try to stop it. I've heard in some states you have to prove that you have an undergrad degree before you can home school.

• Thanks 1

Each to their own. 

I would prefer that some people home school, especially those parents that send us their "most wonderful" students. They drop them off at 6:45 am and don't pick them up until 6 pm. Those are the students and parents that deserve "home schooling"--plus our school districts need to be MORE worried about the education of students, not the $$$$$ signs that come with each student. 

9 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

That makes it sound like you think homeschooling doesn't believe in diversity acceptance but embraces  selective dogma. Was that what you were going for? 

No, not at all. You ought to know that.

But let me ask you this, Barry: What is "diversity" to you? What is "diversity acceptance"? Are you talking about real, actual diversity of thought, or are you talking about the SJW kind, where everyone is "diverse", but they all think the same?

Couple of articles:

https://reason.com/2019/10/22/seattle-math-oppressive-cultural-woke/

https://www.seattletimes.com/education-lab/new-course-outlines-prompt-conversations-about-identity-race-in-seattle-classrooms-even-in-math/

2 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Now if the homeschoolers could keep there school ISD money to educate their own kids we would be getting somewhere. 

All you have to do is get the state to end property taxes and you won't have to pay into the local school system that you don't want to use. But just know, property taxes never go away--even in those states with "personal state income taxes"--the property taxes are just a lot lower. 

But the good thing about state income taxes--it all gets placed in the "general fund" and distributed. 

So your choices are--property taxes that at least stay local--where you can actually see the money spent, protest where the money goes, get elected to place the money where needed.

Or you can get that STATE INCOME TAX--where you can pay 5% more of your income into the old "general fund" and it gets spent where a bunch of politicians in Austin wants it to go. 

I myself, would rather have a lower property tax rate--for everyone--because that way I can see where the money is spent and what it is used for and I can help get rid of the "good ole boy" system in my area and get strong financial people place to make the place better. 

Just now, DannyZuco said:

All you have to do is get the state to end property taxes and you won't have to pay into the local school system that you don't want to use. But just know, property taxes never go away--even in those states with "personal state income taxes"--the property taxes are just a lot lower. 

But the good thing about state income taxes--it all gets placed in the "general fund" and distributed. 

So your choices are--property taxes that at least stay local--where you can actually see the money spent, protest where the money goes, get elected to place the money where needed.

Or you can get that STATE INCOME TAX--where you can pay 5% more of your income into the old "general fund" and it gets spent where a bunch of politicians in Austin wants it to go. 

I myself, would rather have a lower property tax rate--for everyone--because that way I can see where the money is spent and what it is used for and I can help get rid of the "good ole boy" system in my area and get strong financial people place to make the place better. 

I want to get rid of the ISD tax, that is based on the value of your property, for people who do not use the service. It is theft. Period. 

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I want to get rid of the ISD tax, that is based on the value of your property, for people who do not use the service. It is theft. Period. 

Hey, that is your right to say that, but if you do that--then you are going to have to pay into a state income tax--and then you will 5% of your income right off the top. At least with property taxes you can fight the county and get them reduced--I have done that 3 years running now. It hasn't lowered them to where "I" think they should be, but at least it cost me less money. 

Having lived in a state for 3 years that took out a "state income tax" along with regular federal taxes--it is something that I would never wish on anyone--if the feds get 25% and the state gets 5% - you've just lost 30% of each dollar you earned. And that was in Colorado--a cheaper state income tax area. 

But then again, I do support my local identities. For you to think it is theft-just shows you don't hold your local tax indentities to very high standards. 

13 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Hey, that is your right to say that, but if you do that--then you are going to have to pay into a state income tax--and then you will 5% of your income right off the top. At least with property taxes you can fight the county and get them reduced--I have done that 3 years running now. It hasn't lowered them to where "I" think they should be, but at least it cost me less money. 

Having lived in a state for 3 years that took out a "state income tax" along with regular federal taxes--it is something that I would never wish on anyone--if the feds get 25% and the state gets 5% - you've just lost 30% of each dollar you earned. And that was in Colorado--a cheaper state income tax area. 

But then again, I do support my local identities. For you to think it is theft-just shows you don't hold your local tax indentities to very high standards. 

No, that’s not right. The school or ISD will be just fine without homeschoolers money that they are stealing. 

Just now, Youngcoach123 said:

No, that’s not right. The school or ISD will be just fine without homeschoolers money that they are stealing. 

Property taxes you can think is "theft", but everyone pays them. That is part of being "part of a community". I know we go around about this, but you don't seem to think much about your "local community" when you think that your local schools are stealing. People live in areas--all across the United States and property taxes are just a part of living in this country. 

And since I am now starting my 28th year in education business--I can tell you the real truth about "homeschoolers"--most meaning over 50% only homeschool because their kids are always in trouble, don't like being around other kids, or parents want them home to "oversee" all aspects of their child's lives. And while I believe that some can give their child a good education, most (again over 50%) are just not going to get that. And when they send their darlings back to the public schools, because they are tired of them at the house--those parents become "bulldozer" parents, trying to pave a road for their children where they are met with NO RESISTENCE or WORK to do. Over my lifetime I have seen both sides of the road. Most people should be thankful for public school options in the United States. Many other countries don't get these options--where the country EDUCATES EVERY CHILD!!!!!

3 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Property taxes you can think is "theft", but everyone pays them. That is part of being "part of a community". I know we go around about this, but you don't seem to think much about your "local community" when you think that your local schools are stealing. People live in areas--all across the United States and property taxes are just a part of living in this country. 

And since I am now starting my 28th year in education business--I can tell you the real truth about "homeschoolers"--most meaning over 50% only homeschool because their kids are always in trouble, don't like being around other kids, or parents want them home to "oversee" all aspects of their child's lives. And while I believe that some can give their child a good education, most (again over 50%) are just not going to get that. And when they send their darlings back to the public schools, because they are tired of them at the house--those parents become "bulldozer" parents, trying to pave a road for their children where they are met with NO RESISTENCE or WORK to do. Over my lifetime I have seen both sides of the road. Most people should be thankful for public school options in the United States. Many other countries don't get these options--where the country EDUCATES EVERY CHILD!!!!!

Wrong again. If you are educating a child not in the ISD that is taking money from you to educate children. They are in fact, stealing. Oh and stop conflating all property taxes with ISD taxes based on your property value. They are easily separated. 

30 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Wrong again. If you are educating a child not in the ISD that is taking money from you to educate children. They are in fact, stealing. Oh and stop conflating all property taxes with ISD taxes based on your property value. They are easily separated. 

So if you live in a local school district, you shouldn't have to pay property taxes to that school district? 

That seems to be the problem, you don't want to fund education for local schools. Doesn't matter whether your kids are in those schools, if you are retired, or if you don't have kids yet. PROPERTY TAXES are for LOCAL USE!!!!! Not for someone to send to a school 20 miles away or 2 miles away in another district. LOCAL PROPERTY TAXES are for LOCAL--someday you might understand that. That is the way the Texas Constitution was written so EVERY kid could get a Public Education. It is NOT STEALING--when you choose to live in an area--that is part of your CIVIC duty to that local area. If you don't like your school district--then MOVE--but quit using propaganda to and misinformation to accuse school districts of "stealing". Because that is state law--it is NOT theft--and everyone has the CHOICE to leave that district. 

STEALING: take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it. I bolded the words that you might have to re-educate yourself on. The state has given school districts the LEGAL RIGHT to property taxes. You can say they are too high, unwarranted, pathetic, overbearing, but they are NOT stealing by definition. 

Oh, just incase you read the entire definition--you also get that money returned to the local community/school district through the education process. So even school districts "return a product" with you tax dollars. And ALL students who graduate from a public school have met all LOCAL and STATE requirements to receive that diploma. 

11 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

So if you live in a local school district, you shouldn't have to pay property taxes to that school district? 

That seems to be the problem, you don't want to fund education for local schools. Doesn't matter whether your kids are in those schools, if you are retired, or if you don't have kids yet. PROPERTY TAXES are for LOCAL USE!!!!! Not for someone to send to a school 20 miles away or 2 miles away in another district. LOCAL PROPERTY TAXES are for LOCAL--someday you might understand that. That is the way the Texas Constitution was written so EVERY kid could get a Public Education. It is NOT STEALING--when you choose to live in an area--that is part of your CIVIC duty to that local area. If you don't like your school district--then MOVE--but quit using propaganda to and misinformation to accuse school districts of "stealing". Because that is state law--it is NOT theft--and everyone has the CHOICE to leave that district. 

STEALING: take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it. I bolded the words that you might have to re-educate yourself on. The state has given school districts the LEGAL RIGHT to property taxes. You can say they are too high, unwarranted, pathetic, overbearing, but they are NOT stealing by definition. 

Oh, just incase you read the entire definition--you also get that money returned to the local community/school district through the education process. So even school districts "return a product" with you tax dollars. And ALL students who graduate from a public school have met all LOCAL and STATE requirements to receive that diploma. 

Wow, still not getting it. You shouldn’t have to pay ISD taxes when your using that money on your own kids at home. Pretty simple.  

Forcing people to pay twice to educate their kids is wrong. It’s not there money, they are taking it by threat of imprisonment or force. That’s stealing and fits in the definition you posted. I have no problem with people who don’t have kids and pay ISD taxes. It is to the benefit of all to have an educated society.

8 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Wow, still not getting it. You shouldn’t have to pay ISD taxes when your using that money on your own kids at home. Pretty simple.  

Again, you just don't seem to understand "CHOICE". 

People choose to educate at home--but they still live in a LEGAL taxable area--therefore they have to PAY TAXES. That is a "CHOICE", they don't have to keep them home, they choose to--you don't get out of paying taxes because your choice does not align with the state laws. SMFH. 

10 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Forcing people to pay twice to educate their kids is wrong. It’s not there money, they are taking it by threat of imprisonment or force. That’s stealing and fits in the definition you posted. I have no problem with people who don’t have kids and pay ISD taxes. It is to the benefit of all to have an educated society.

Actually, if you live in any property tax area--school, county, city--those tax dollar are "their", not there, money. And again--it is a choice where you live. You don't want to pay property taxes find a place where they don't have property taxes. Again a choice, because it is just a legal situation that everyone is in, we have to pay property taxes in Texas--and most other states. And it is NOT stealing--because it is LEGAL. And again, it is families choice to "homeschool" their children, but property taxes will always be legal, at least through my lifetime. But maybe someday they will change and we won't have to pay property taxes, but with greedy politicians wanting to spend other people's money--don't think that will happen. 

• LOL! 1

45 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Again, you just don't seem to understand "CHOICE". 

People choose to educate at home--but they still live in a LEGAL taxable area--therefore they have to PAY TAXES. That is a "CHOICE", they don't have to keep them home, they choose to--you don't get out of paying taxes because your choice does not align with the state laws. SMFH. 

It’s stealing, no way around it. All your caps don’t make it any different.  Where is the choice in getting your money taken for education of your kids that you are educating at home? Taxation is theft. NO WAY AROUND IT. Lol

40 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

It’s stealing, no way around it. All your caps don’t make it any different.  Where is the choice in getting your money taken for education of your kids that you are educating at home? Taxation is theft. NO WAY AROUND IT. Lol

We can all cry about taxes, I know I do, but they are legal, we have allowed out representatives in our government to vote for these types of things, until we change and allow our people to be fully educated and not indocrinated we will continue to elect terrible representatives. You don't get a choice in taxation--it effects everyone. But you educating your children at home--that is a choice. You know that, I know that. SO DEAL WITH IT!!!!!:rofl:

56 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

We can all cry about taxes, I know I do, but they are legal, we have allowed out representatives in our government to vote for these types of things, until we change and allow our people to be fully educated and not indocrinated we will continue to elect terrible representatives. You don't get a choice in taxation--it effects everyone. But you educating your children at home--that is a choice. You know that, I know that. SO DEAL WITH IT!!!!!:rofl:

Legalized theft is ok with you?