Kilgore/ Gilmer Scrimmage

HJR7

Live Portion: Gilmer -7 Kilgore- 0

I'd say both teams definitely have some things to work on. But it was a good scrimmage.  I know Kilgore starting QB and RB didn't participate in scrimmage. 

56 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

I'd say both teams definitely have some things to work on. But it was a good scrimmage.  I know Kilgore starting QB and RB didn't participate in scrimmage. 

I know it's a scrimmage and all can't tell whatever but if Kilgore D only hold Gilmer to 7 that's really good,that means Kilgores Defense can be really good.

54 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

Kilgore had a wr playing qb he had never played qb he did a really good job to never had played that position. 

1 minute ago, LionKing12172920 said:

I know it's a scrimmage and all can't tell whatever but if Kilgore D only hold Gilmer to 7 that's really good.

Naw it was a vanilla scrimmage and played 12 min running clock. Also we played a lot of backups but I love how both starting lines look.

2 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

I know it's a scrimmage and all can't tell whatever but if Kilgore D only hold Gilmer to 7 that's really good,that means Kilgores Defense can be really good.

Kilgore's D is going to be good they picked gilmers qb once almost twice and they stripped the ball from him.

• Like 1

Yeah Kilgores D didn't look to bad. Running clock helped Kilgore a lot. Ate up like 7-8 mins on the drive that ended in a punt. Gilmer was in scoring position again just ran out of time basically. Plays at the end were rushed just trying to get them off. Overall both teams need work, but I liked what I saw. You could tell something was off with the QB that yall fielded. Throws were just like he wasn't settled. Explains a lot being WR. Yall had some good backs too. Gilmer rotated a bunch of kids tonight. Had a few that sat out tonight as well. Both teams should come back with a little better gauge on what to improve on. Good Luck moving forward Dawgs it was fun. 

1 minute ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Don’t you know, some teams try to “win” scrimmages. 

I guess so but most are playing base D and not adjusting and running base plays on O.   Also, playing several kids to see who can do what.   Just my 2 cents.   If Gilmer/Kilgore played week 1 it would be ugly. 

1 hour ago, KildogDad said:

I remember him taking a few snaps last year at RB, but didn’t realize he was going to be back there this season.

Yessir. Actually Kilgore has about 4 guys who could run the rock. I suspect it will be more of RB by committee this year as opposed to last year. Thats just a guess all our RBs are good.