3A D2 who y'all got?!!

DTH4life

19 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

Think it comes down to Franklin, GT, Waskom, Canadian. Franklin and GT are favorites, but anything can happen.

Gunter is most definitely not a favorite.. yall are a favorite in ur region most definitely.. that's as far as they go

We all know that anything can happen.  I believe it will be Canadian/Gunter 6.0.  Could be neither one of us make it and it is Holliday or Childress or somebody.  Could be Bells. They will be good.  The last time Gunter lost a district game was 2014 or 2015 and Bell's coach was the OC. Then in Jerry World you have to make Franklin the favorite.  Very impressed with them last year.  Waskom will have a say, maybe Daingerfield.  And don't forget Newton.  Great respect for these 3 programs.

Could be another team not named.

• Like 3

Region 1 favorites Childress Canadian Spearman

Region 2 Gunter Holliday ???

Region 3 Waskom Newton Dfield WR HS EF

Region 4 Franklin Lexington East Brenard Poth

Dont really see anyone that could stop Gunter in region 2 tbh.. But if next realignment teams like West Rusk Waskom and EF move back to region 2 could make it alor harder on gunter. Only team to have a chance will be holliday but they may be a half step behind this season.... Last time gunter didn't win the region was when waskom was in it...  If any year canadian was in danger of not winning the region its this year they are young with like 3/3 back and Childress and Spearman have lots coming back but that dont mean canadian will lay down. Region 3 teams will be loaded 5 contenders will have 16+ starters back this season and newton will have 14+ starting in round 2 it will become a blood bath Region 4 has Franklin with 17 starters back but teams like Poth 16 starters back Lexington 14 starters back wont lay down and east bernard looks to get back on track

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Dont really see anyone that could stop Gunter in region 2 tbh.. But if next realignment teams like West Rusk Waskom and EF move back to region 2 could make it alor harder on gunter. Only team to have a chance will be holliday but they may be a half step behind this season.... Last time gunter didn't win the region was when waskom was in it...  If any year canadian was in danger of not winning the region its this year they are young with like 3/3 back and Childress and Spearman have lots coming back but that dont mean canadian will lay down. Region 3 teams will be loaded 5 contenders will have 16+ starters back this season and newton will have 14+ starting in round 2 it will become a blood bath Region 4 has Franklin with 17 starters back but teams like Poth 16 starters back Lexington 14 starters back wont lay down and east bernard looks to get back on track

There's a better than good chance Gunter goes D-I in February

On 8/13/2021 at 10:44 PM, quickshot said:

Drop the hammer!!  Ef is ranked little to high .. the stud qb isn't there to carry them this year.. 

That may turnout to be true, you know rankings don't mean knowing, but overhyped recognition alot of times lol, last yr Waskom started a freshman QB that turn out to be a stud early on before his injury in the EF game, EF may start a freshman QB themselves this yr, I saw a few freshmen QBs on all levels that led their teams respectfully well into the playoffs, hope that happens with EF 

10 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Region 3 is gonna be hellacious once again, with EF breaking in a freshman QB, they may not start jelling til midway thru district. 

9 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Region 3 is gonna be hellacious once again, with EF breaking in a freshman QB, they may not start jelling til midway thru district. 

Some school will move up next realignment and i believe lots will look so different.... Region 3 is always the toughest region imo every year or for the last 6 years for sure. Next realignment i can see waskom EF WR all move back to region 2 Franklin buffalo could move back to region 3... Now teams like Franklin WR and gunter could move up to D1 and alot of teams stay put but who knows

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

That may turnout to be true, you know rankings don't mean knowing, but overhyped recognition alot of times lol, last yr Waskom started a freshman QB that turn out to be a stud early on before his injury in the EF game, EF may start a freshman QB themselves this yr, I saw a few freshmen QBs on all levels that led their teams respectfully well into the playoffs, hope that happens with EF 

The freshman QB just needs reps, he’s a helluva athlete. The biggest thing that’s going to hurt him is the relievers y’all lost. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, blueflu said:

I think we can stay under one more time.  350 right now

Number went up 15 last time, so the assumption would be the cutoff goes to 365. Of course I find it interesting with all the growth around plus the success, the high school's only added 17 students over the last two years

6 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Some school will move up next realignment and i believe lots will look so different.... Region 3 is always the toughest region imo every year or for the last 6 years for sure. Next realignment i can see waskom EF WR all move back to region 2 Franklin buffalo could move back to region 3... Now teams like Franklin WR and gunter could move up to D1 and alot of teams stay put but who knows

West Rusk isn't moving up. Never should have been division 1 those 2 seasons. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

Number went up 15 last time, so the assumption would be the cutoff goes to 365. Of course I find it interesting with all the growth around plus the success, the high school's only added 17 students over the last two years

freshman class has over a 100.  but jr and sr classes arent very large.  if ur claiming conspiracy, u better have some proof. Thats horrible.