3A D2 who y'all got?!!

DTH4life

4 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

Number went up 15 last time, so the assumption would be the cutoff goes to 365. Of course I find it interesting with all the growth around plus the success, the high school's only added 17 students over the last two years

You just hit on it - the growth has been around Gunter not in Gunter ISD.  Going south is main street Celina before CelinaProsperFrisco  begins.  Still a long ways to go.  Going north there is no growth near Gunter, none to the west, and very little east til you  get to Van Alstyne.  The population of Gunter has increased very little in 10 years.  Not even pushing 2000 and most 3aD2 towns are bigger than that.   

4 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

Number went up 15 last time, so the assumption would be the cutoff goes to 365. Of course I find it interesting with all the growth around plus the success, the high school's only added 17 students over the last two years

When people contemplate the possibility that a team must be cheating to achieve the success they've been having, to the people who know how asinine that notion is, it can only be taken as a compliment, so thanks for the compliment.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

It’s more about the size of the school district than the population of the town. New London has a population of 1,024 but we were 3A-D1 a few years ago due to the size of the school district. 

Refugio population is 2,806 and they are a 2ad1 school... Calvert has a population of 1,329 and they are a 6 man school

5 hours ago, JasonDellaRosa said:

You just hit on it - the growth has been around Gunter not in Gunter ISD.  Going south is main street Celina before CelinaProsperFrisco  begins.  Still a long ways to go.  Going north there is no growth near Gunter, none to the west, and very little east til you  get to Van Alstyne.  The population of Gunter has increased very little in 10 years.  Not even pushing 2000 and most 3aD2 towns are bigger than that.   

Yeah of course it has to do with the school district not the town.  But every time I go through Childress (tomorrow) I can 't believe they are in Gunter's division.  We are just now fixing to be a one light town.  Drivers are confused as the lights are up but not turned on yet.  So drivers on SH 289 which does not have a stop sign are stopping and making 4-way stop out of it with FM121.  People are posting pictures of the progress of putting up the lights.  One of the biggest events in Gunter in a while.

6 hours ago, LSUTIGERS said:

The freshman QB just needs reps, he’s a helluva athlete. The biggest thing that’s going to hurt him is the relievers y’all lost. 

He made some really good throws In scrimmage had a few passes dropped and he got Happy Feet a few times when he should of just stepped up in pocket but that can be corrected I think he has a chance if he stays healthy to break a lot of records at EF !  He will be a good one for sure #JacketPride 

40 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

Yeah of course it has to do with the school district not the town.  But every time I go through Childress (tomorrow) I can 't believe they are in Gunter's division.  We are just now fixing to be a one light town.  Drivers are confused as the lights are up but not turned on yet.  So drivers on SH 289 which does not have a stop sign are stopping and making 4-way stop out of it with FM121.  People are posting pictures of the progress of putting up the lights.  One of the biggest events in Gunter in a while.

We know the feeling got a light put up around 10 years ago and it was big news lol

7 hours ago, blueflu said:

freshman class has over a 100.  but jr and sr classes arent very large.  if ur claiming conspiracy, u better have some proof. Thats horrible.

No conspiracy at all. The numbers are what the numbers are, and there are always different variables and factors.

Considering the success of just about all the athletic programs the past five years, one would assume that there would be more settling there. The numbers in the surrounding districts are exploding -- I think people are going to be shocked at a couple of them and how much growth there has been since the last snapshot day.

I'm sure it's a situation like with Anna -- Coach Heath and I talked about it when they were planning to build the new high school and their H.S. numbers weren't very big. But everyone moving into Anna with kids had a five-year old or a six-year-old and a four-year-old. It wasn't grades 9-12. It was only going to be a matter of time and here we are: For the 2012 realignment Anna turned in 578 and a decade later their number is going to close to double.

3 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

Latest census put Gunter at 2,060, up 562 from the last one.

Celina's growth has definitely slowed -- it's obvious that Prosper siphoned off a lot of what was headed their way.

5 hours ago, Pax said:

When people contemplate the possibility that a team must be cheating to achieve the success they've been having, to the people who know how asinine that notion is, it can only be taken as a compliment, so thanks for the compliment.  

No accusations. The numbers are what the numbers are. It's just surprising considering the way things are going since 2015. There is always a lag time on stuff like that -- if Gunter's number stays around 350 or so then obviously the additions to the ISD are coming at the junior high / elementary levels and won't affect the high school until at least 2026, depending on what the cutoff is this time.

On 8/14/2021 at 3:03 PM, lionpride08 said:

Region 1 favorites Childress Canadian Spearman

Region 2 Gunter Holliday ???

Region 3 Waskom Newton Dfield WR HS EF

Region 4 Franklin Lexington East Brenard Poth

Dont really see anyone that could stop Gunter in region 2 tbh.. But if next realignment teams like West Rusk Waskom and EF move back to region 2 could make it alor harder on gunter. Only team to have a chance will be holliday but they may be a half step behind this season.... Last time gunter didn't win the region was when waskom was in it...  If any year canadian was in danger of not winning the region its this year they are young with like 3/3 back and Childress and Spearman have lots coming back but that dont mean canadian will lay down. Region 3 teams will be loaded 5 contenders will have 16+ starters back this season and newton will have 14+ starting in round 2 it will become a blood bath Region 4 has Franklin with 17 starters back but teams like Poth 16 starters back Lexington 14 starters back wont lay down and east bernard looks to get back on track

Region 3 is a minefield.  Whoever survives is usually got shrapnel hanging out of trying to play in the semis.  It makes for some really good football.   

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 5:22 PM, lionpride08 said:

Could be a couple of those top teams move up

On 8/14/2021 at 3:03 PM, lionpride08 said:

Region 1 favorites Childress Canadian Spearman

Region 2 Gunter Holliday ???

Region 3 Waskom Newton Dfield WR HS EF

Region 4 Franklin Lexington East Brenard Poth

Dont really see anyone that could stop Gunter in region 2 tbh.. But if next realignment teams like West Rusk Waskom and EF move back to region 2 could make it alor harder on gunter. Only team to have a chance will be holliday but they may be a half step behind this season.... Last time gunter didn't win the region was when waskom was in it...  If any year canadian was in danger of not winning the region its this year they are young with like 3/3 back and Childress and Spearman have lots coming back but that dont mean canadian will lay down. Region 3 teams will be loaded 5 contenders will have 16+ starters back this season and newton will have 14+ starting in round 2 it will become a blood bath Region 4 has Franklin with 17 starters back but teams like Poth 16 starters back Lexington 14 starters back wont lay down and east bernard looks to get back on track

Who do y'all play tho like come on really 

17 hours ago, jacket52 said:

He made some really good throws In scrimmage had a few passes dropped and he got Happy Feet a few times when he should of just stepped up in pocket but that can be corrected I think he has a chance if he stays healthy to break a lot of records at EF !  He will be a good one for sure #JacketPride 

Well I hope 🙏  EF can be in it but I don't see Waskom given it up this year the line and backfield is back with every piece is state are bust and after what we say a Jefferson we going be nasty but good luck to EF and Waskom 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTH4life said:

Well I hope 🙏  EF can be in it but I don't see Waskom given it up this year the line and backfield is back with every piece is state are bust and after what we say a Jefferson we going be nasty but good luck to EF and Waskom 

What is funny is that Franklin brings back more then Waskom... I hope for a rematch last two have been fun

• Like 1