Maxpreps 4A D1 Top 25

KildogDad

That's not accurate, Paris should be higher than Melissa and La Vega should be higher than both teams, no wait I just seen Paris had beat Melissa in the playoffs 1st game was a forfeit but Melissa record was better so that maybe right but to high and above La Vega,I think Argyle at top and La Vega should be at 2.

45 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

Lindale waaayyyy too high...I was not trying to be harsh about them on our preview show but I just dont see all the love they are getting

I honestly believe Lindale will do great this year. Even though Jenkins is gone they still have a lot coming back. Now you may be right that they are ranked too high but how often does Lindale get to be ranked that high? Come on man give us a little break lol

5 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

I honestly believe Lindale will do great this year. Even though Jenkins is gone they still have a lot coming back. Now you may be right that they are ranked too high but how often does Lindale get to be ranked that high? Come on man give us a little break lol

Hey I have been a Lindale advocate for years now...Always felt luck was always against them because they had their better teams when up in 5A against good compeition and all. I think they will do fine and go a few rounds but I cannt say they are 3...but that list has Lampasa higher than anyone else would and El Campo WAY WAY lower than they should be

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 1:57 AM, LionKing12172920 said:

That's not accurate, Paris should be higher than Melissa and La Vega should be higher than both teams, no wait I just seen Paris had beat Melissa in the playoffs 1st game was a forfeit but Melissa record was better so that maybe right but to high and above La Vega,I think Argyle at top and La Vega should be at 2.

Edited by CrankyOldMan

55 minutes ago, Footballalltheway said:

I agree Argyle should be at the top.  Not so sure about La Vega, think they are where the need to be right now.  Do think Paris should probably be ahead of Melissa just because Melissa lost so much, but Melissa will still be good.  It could be like last year where Paris and Melissa meet again in the third round of the playoffs to see who gets to play Argyle in the regional finals but the winner of district 5 will have something to say about that.  Just depends on the matchups because districts 6 and 8 are terrible.  

Heard Argyle added a DL from a private school.  4* committed to A&M. The rich get richer .   Also heard Melissa lost another good RB/CB due to a move.  I still think they have their third team RB from last year but thats a pretty big drop after losing the starter from last year to graduation who was an absolute beast and now losing this kid who was the best returning RB and definitely the best returning DB.  

Well La Vega and Argyle do go back to back winning and loseing to eachothers over the years,last year I think that La Vega beat Argyle in the season and Argyle beat La Vega in the playoffs either last season or season before that but I still say La Vega should be number 2 under Argyle.

On 8/18/2021 at 2:30 PM, LionKing12172920 said:

Well La Vega and Argyle do go back to back winning and loseing to eachothers over the years,last year I think that La Vega beat Argyle in the season and Argyle beat La Vega in the playoffs either last season or season before that but I still say La Vega should be number 2 under Argyle.

Edited by CrankyOldMan

Just now, Footballalltheway said:

Wasn’t last season because Argyle was undefeated and dare I say unchallenged the entire year.  I can definitely see where you want to give La Vega the benefit of the doubt, they have certainly earned it over the years. 

Season before last year's,but they do go back and backs wins and losses to eachother.

• Like 1