2nd Scrimmages Location/Reports

Hagar

29 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

anyone have a report on the Pine Tree/Gilmer scrimmage?

Yeah it wasn't pretty lol.

JV I think was PT 3 to 2 Gilmer

Freshman was like PT 5 to 0 Gilmer

Varsity Gilmer 1 to PT 0 controlled

Gilmer 14 to PT 7 after first quarter. 2 plays into second quarter a lot of extracurricular activities happened and it was stopped there. Would like to have seen more but it was chippy from the start.

6 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

Yeah it wasn't pretty lol.

JV I think was PT 3 to 2 Gilmer

Freshman was like PT 5 to 0 Gilmer

Varsity Gilmer 1 to PT 0 controlled

Gilmer 14 to PT 7 after first quarter. 2 plays into second quarter a lot of extracurricular activities happened and it was stopped there. Would like to have seen more but it was chippy from the start.

interesting...heard PT was pretty big and athletic, seems like they hung with Gilmer for a bit...#### that it was ended early...

Guest Tiger03lb

Controlled

1st team

3/0 koff

2nd team

3/0 koff

Live qtr

14-7 koff

Koff had 2 turnsover in a row on back to back drives. Crockett rb broke a tackle in the middle of pile and scored on a long run. 

Koff- scored on first play on live qtr 80 yd td run by Duce Hart. 

Koff- Freshman rb, Hogg (could be wrong on name) scored on a 20 yd td run

Best as I can tell, Crosby beat Angleton by one TD.  Folks posting there have some kind of code I’m not familiar with.  For example, one posted 3-1 Crosby and another posted 14-7.  Must be new math.

On 8/18/2021 at 3:12 PM, Maudite said:

Maud @LK tomorrow 

Controlled Scrimmage. 1s v 1s

maud 1. LK 0

2s v 2s

maud 1-0

JV vs LK 1s and 2s mixed.  LK 1 Maud 0

1 live quarter and another running clock quarter   Maud 16 LK 7    Maud controlled the line of scrimmage all night    LK played hard and with heart   

Celina vs Frisco Heritage

Controlled:

Celina 1's - 3 or 4

FH 1's - 0

Celina 2's - 2

FH 2's - O

Live Quarter:

Celina 21

FH 7

Bobcats have a lot of things they need to clean up on defense. Some blown coverages in the secondary gave up the score to Frisco Heritage. Celina is very fast and athletic there, but looked a touch rusty last night. Heritage does have a freakishly tall and athletic receiver. Celina's defensive front is going to be special. Poor Heritage QB was just having to catch the snap and throw the ball, not a lot of time to let plays develop. Get used to the name Trae Hollins. He's set up to have a crazy year on both sides of the ball. One of the top rugby players in the nation (a future US national team member), will put up huge numbers as a RB and will wreck the opposing backfields as a D end.

Offensively, Bobcats are going to be able to do a lot. Playmakers all over the field. This team has the potential to be even more explosive than the 2015 state runner-up Bobcats group.

Senior receiver Collin Urich is going to be special this season too. Just an absolute explosive, deceptively quick, skilled route-runner with good hands. He's also improved his downfield blocking. Just keep an eye out for this kid.

On 8/20/2021 at 10:11 AM, d0tc0m said:

Celina vs Frisco Heritage

Controlled:

Celina 1's - 3 or 4

FH 1's - 0

Celina 2's - 2

FH 2's - O

Live Quarter:

Celina 21

FH 7

Bobcats have a lot of things they need to clean up on defense. Some blown coverages in the secondary gave up the score to Frisco Heritage. Celina is very fast and athletic there, but looked a touch rusty last night. Heritage does have a freakishly tall and athletic receiver. Celina's defensive front is going to be special. Poor Heritage QB was just having to catch the snap and throw the ball, not a lot of time to let plays develop. Get used to the name Trae Hollins. He's set up to have a crazy year on both sides of the ball. One of the top rugby players in the nation (a future US national team member), will put up huge numbers as a RB and will wreck the opposing backfields as a D end.

Offensively, Bobcats are going to be able to do a lot. Playmakers all over the field. This team has the potential to be even more explosive than the 2015 state runner-up Bobcats group.

Edited by CrankyOldMan

1 hour ago, Footballalltheway said:

Who you taking in week one?  It this the year Celina ends the Melissa winning streak?  

Should be a tasty Week 1 matchup, either way. But I'll take Celina by a score in this one.

Despite the miscues in the secondary during last night's scrimmage, the Bobcat defense looks like it's going to be really, really good this season. All that youth and inexperience from a year ago is now older, more mature and experienced with a deep playoff run. The Celina offense could be special.

Now, if the Bobcats come out flat, defensively, they could get into trouble. Melissa has the dudes to go on offense, so Celina won't be able to afford any blown coverages, miscommunication up top, etc. Going to have to be solid in the secondary, no doubt.

Right now, I say 35-28 in favor of the Bobcats.

Celina could legitimately win the whole thing this year. I believe they got a kid from California that’s really good Also a really good kicker. Across the lines they seem to be pretty special especially for 4A football. Should be interesting.

On 8/20/2021 at 12:56 PM, d0tc0m said:

Should be a tasty Week 1 matchup, either way. But I'll take Celina by a score in this one.

Despite the miscues in the secondary during last night's scrimmage, the Bobcat defense looks like it's going to be really, really good this season. All that youth and inexperience from a year ago is now older, more mature and experienced with a deep playoff run. The Celina offense could be special.

Now, if the Bobcats come out flat, defensively, they could get into trouble. Melissa has the dudes to go on offense, so Celina won't be able to afford any blown coverages, miscommunication up top, etc. Going to have to be solid in the secondary, no doubt.

Right now, I say 35-28 in favor of the Bobcats.

Edited by CrankyOldMan

2 hours ago, TCU44 said:

Celina could legitimately win the whole thing this year. I believe they got a kid from California that’s really good Also a really good kicker. Across the lines they seem to be pretty special especially for 4A football. Should be interesting.

Isn’t Celina in 4A D2 ?