2nd Scrimmages Location/Reports

Hagar

Melissa vs Whitehouse played 4 quarter simulation. The first 2 quarters were 12 min with normal clock stoppages. Then second half 10 min running clock. Melissa 28 Whitehouse 14. Also, arrived just as JV scrimmages was wrapping up and Melissa scored long TDs on the last 2 plays.

I'm of the opinion that this season's Melissa team is reloaded with bigger and better lines and skill players deluxe.  They have Fennigan returning at QB for his senior season also.  What they did lose in skill players they can replace from all that talent that was not officially "starters" last season.  The Melissa Cardinals will be a force to reckon with this season, folks. Their D will be improved and they did not lose enough on offense that will drastically affect what they will be able to do again this season. With an improved defense and bigger, better lines.......lookout.

3 hours ago, regaleagle said:

I'm of the opinion that this season's Melissa team is reloaded with bigger and better lines and skill players deluxe.  They have Fennigan returning at QB for his senior season also.  What they did lose in skill players they can replace from all that talent that was not officially "starters" last season.  The Melissa Cardinals will be a force to reckon with this season, folks. Their D will be improved and they did not lose enough on offense that will drastically effect what they will be able to do again this season. With an improved defense and bigger, better lines.......lookout.

They did lose by far their best defender, though. Young man moved to McKinney High.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:58 PM, TCU44 said:

Celina could legitimately win the whole thing this year. I believe they got a kid from California that’s really good Also a really good kicker. Across the lines they seem to be pretty special especially for 4A football. Should be interesting.

Yeah, I'm sure Surratt and Carthage won't be on a quest for yet another "whole thing". 

7 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Yeah, I'm sure Surratt and Carthage won't be on a quest for yet another "whole thing". 

No one is. Not a single team in Texas is trying to win the whole thing this year. It's crazy. The kids have gone soft.

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Good news for Argyle.....LOL.  

Good news for most teams going up against the Cardinals lol.

But Melissa still has good numbers, so they'll find someone to fill that role. It won't be another Youngblood, but it won't be someone who's playing their first year of football either. The Cardinals should still be good up front and at the LB position. They'll be young at spots, but athletic. If that youth and inexperience catches on quick, I don't doubt Melissa will be around post-Thanksgiving.