Mt Vernon vs. Hooks 8/27

Blazin97

Season opener. Last year was 53-14 MV, but expecting a little bit of a closer game this year. I heard Hooks got a transfer QB from Pleasant Grove and return quite a bit off of a team that won district last year. MV returns some key guys but also have some holes to fill. Should be a good gauge to see where we are at! 

25 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Season opener. Last year was 53-14 MV, but expecting a little bit of a closer game this year. I heard Hooks got a transfer QB from Pleasant Grove and return quite a bit off of a team that won district last year. MV returns some key guys but also have some holes to fill. Should be a good gauge to see where we are at! 

you heard correct

Just now, chevyman said:

Ramsay or Bennett running the show? @Blazin97

Bennett looks like the clear #1 to me but we will see. Both can get the job done. We have some athletes on the outside and in the backfield. Our two leading receivers from last year Coffman and Lacy are back. I think we are going to try to get the ball out quick and let those athletes do the rest. Not going to just be home run plays the whole time, neither QB has an arm like Nellor but are capable of throwing the deep ball. 

29 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

MVCC isn't the same. H8 to bust anyone's bubble

We might not come out of the region again, but we are far from falling off a cliff. Let’s just hope it’s more competitive than the 40 point blowout we gave them last year 

10 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

We might not come out of the region again, but we are far from falling off a cliff. Let’s just hope it’s more competitive than the 40 point blowout we gave them last year 

Last year? Keep thinking that away and yall will lose by 20 😆 🤣 😂 

14 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Bennett looks like the clear #1 to me but we will see. Both can get the job done. We have some athletes on the outside and in the backfield. Our two leading receivers from last year Coffman and Lacy are back. I think we are going to try to get the ball out quick and let those athletes do the rest. Not going to just be home run plays the whole time, neither QB has an arm like Nellor but are capable of throwing the deep ball. 

Bennett is a heck of an athlete. Yes the guys on the outside will be very key to their success. I also saw a rb wearing number 4 in that scrimmage? I thought it was probably mckenzie mcgill but couldnt really tell. I know Willard wants to throw it alot more than last year so i believe you will see those skill guys play a big role.

49 minutes ago, chevyman said:
11 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

We were without two college athletes when we played y'all. We may have still lost, but it would have been alot better game. We also were a much better team at the end of the season when we played Daingerfield. None of that means anything this year, but I just want you to understand that we were not at full strength when we played the mighty mt. vernon tigers. 

Not taking anything away from Mt Vernon. Hooks was without 5 players when the game was played last year. Then the starting QB broke his arm in the first play from scrimmage for Hooks. Hooks was fortunate to do what they did last year with everyone that was out. 

Hornet blue was correct when he said 2 college players were out in all that mess. QB first game without a cast was against Daingerfield.  

Again, Mt Vernon might have still won but the game would have been way closer. I felt Daingerfield was far superior to Mt Vernon when you talk about team athleticism. 

Guest Tiger03lb
44 minutes ago, texashoops said:

Not taking anything away from Mt Vernon. Hooks was without 5 players when the game was played last year. Then the starting QB broke his arm in the first play from scrimmage for Hooks. Hooks was fortunate to do what they did last year with everyone that was out. 

Hornet blue was correct when he said 2 college players were out in all that mess. QB first game without a cast was against Daingerfield.  

Again, Mt Vernon might have still won but the game would have been way closer. I felt Daingerfield was far superior to Mt Vernon when you talk about team athleticism. 

The only player that stood out to me from MV was Nellor the qb. He made everything go. 

1 hour ago, texashoops said:

I don’t think anyone is arguing team athleticism. DF has the advantage on that with just about everyone they line up against 

43 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

The only player that stood out to me from MV was Nellor the qb. He made everything go. 

We got some more dudes, they’ll be featured this year. When you have a kid like Nellor at QB, of course he is going to be the featured part of the offense. Everyone he was throwing to is back.