Sideline to Sideline 3AD2 Season Preview Show

Gsquared

On 8/21/2021 at 3:42 PM, THEHARDWAY said:

Just hoping for Canadian - GT Round 6.

like It at Abilene as well, much nicer venue than Vernon. 

Abilene no way :) .  I would be shocked if Gunter agreed on that after the way the ball bounced down there last year (mostly caused by a GREAT Canadian team that knows Gunter like the back of their hands and great coaching that can take advantage of that).  Of course it might be Childress/Holliday for all we know.  A lot of football to be  played.  

I too am shocked neither picked Franklin.  To me they are the favorite.  Waskom might even be a close second.  But I think Gunter/Canadian vs either of those teams or Newton would be very close one way or the other.  Lets all stay healthy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GTAlumnus said:

Abilene no way :) .  I would be shocked if Gunter agreed on that after the way the ball bounced down there last year (mostly caused by a GREAT Canadian team that knows Gunter like the back of their hands and great coaching that can take advantage of that).  Of course it might be Childress/Holliday for all we know.  A lot of football to be  played.  

I too am shocked neither picked Franklin.  To me they are the favorite.  Waskom might even be a close second.  But I think Gunter/Canadian vs either of those teams or Newton would be very close one way or the other.  Lets all stay healthy!

I agree. I just hope for it because it means we have made the semis! 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 3:54 PM, blueflu said:

saw throckmorton and wheeler there, state semis in 1986.  Glorious old time stadium.

Childress would be great. The stadium is plenty big, and there is plenty of good food! That’s one of my biggest knocks against Vernon. Either way, would love to meet some of y’all before/after a game sometime.

im also hoping that if y’all move up, our coaches can still work out a neutral field or home and home series. I’m a firm believer that our teams have made each other better!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Childress would be great. The stadium is plenty big, and there is plenty of good food! That’s one of my biggest knocks against Vernon. Either way, would love to meet some of y’all before/after a game sometime.

im also hoping that if y’all move up, our coaches can still work out a neutral field or home and home series. I’m a firm believer that our teams have made each other better!

That would be great.  Home and home would be a LONG drive however.  Seems like there should be some place in OK to play.  Vernon not a sleek new stadium but it is close to half way.  Its about 6 hours from Gunter to Amarillo.  Probably would be about the same to Canadian, maybe a little further.

6 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

That would be great.  Home and home would be a LONG drive however.  Seems like there should be some place in OK to play.  Vernon not a sleek new stadium but it is close to half way.  Its about 6 hours from Gunter to Amarillo.  Probably would be about the same to Canadian, maybe a little further.

That’s true. Maybe do Wichita Falls one year, then Childress the next. Either way, I hope the coaches figure out a way to keep it going!

• Like 1