Beckville Bearcats (0-0) @ Joaquin Rams (0-0)

trueblue82

‘Cats or Rams?   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes to 1-0

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/27/2021 at 12:00 AM

6 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

This thread has become dong dropping and chick stealing! 

I want to redirect back to the game.  Congrats bearcats on an awesome win versus another good football program.  It's not every year you get to beat Joaquin, but this is one! Build on it and have another great season.  

Good win indeed.... only 3rd loss at home since 2016

44 minutes ago, BronCos2015 said:

I think the more concerning question here is why do you ride this coach So hard  that leads a mediocre program?

I see you don't say where you're from is that because you are ashamed of your town, and school because y'all are so inbred that you're all hunchback and toothless

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, Ramfanforever said:

I see you don't say where you're from is that because you are ashamed of your town, and school because y'all are so inbred that you're all hunchback and toothless

Look out now ... you gettin mighty close to doomer's family tree .... :woot:

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, BronCos2015 said:

I think the more concerning question here is why do you ride this coach So hard  that leads a mediocre program?

I’ll answer your question in two parts. First of all, mediocrity can be defined two ways. #1 is the win/ loss record. Lawson is 47-21 as a head coach, all at his alma mater, a school that, in its history has produced a grand total of ONE FCS scholarship football player, a guy that graduated from there two years before he was born. That’s a 69% winning percentage without a single FCS football player on his roster over six seasons. He could have taken an assistant coach job at one of the powerhouses in the area and picked up a ring or two, but he didn’t. He chose to come home and be an assistant under the guy he played under, even though he didn’t agree with him 100%. He respected the guy, and when the job opened up he got his chance. The second way to define mediocrity is the old “can’t beat the good teams” mantra. Ok, let’s look. His record against the blue blood programs in East Texas isn’t too shabby. San Augustine, Garrison, Alto, Corrigan-Camden, and Tenaha own a combined 8 state titles between them. Under Lawson, Joaquin is a combined 12-6 vs those programs. There’s not a lot of coaches that can claim that. As far as why do I like the guy? I admire his passion for the game and for our community.  He isn’t all about wins and losses. If he was, he’d have jumped on other jobs when they came calling. (And they did come calling.) He came home to build our program into something special. Will he ever get a ring? The odds say no. But it won’t ever be because the other guy outworked him. So keep making your wisecracks. Support your team (whoever it is). I hope they get a ring. We’ll keep supporting our kids and our undersized coach. And about 66% of the time, we’ll knock off one of the blue bloods and get one of the “good coaches” run off. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

I’ll answer your question in two parts. First of all, mediocrity can be defined two ways. #1 is the win/ loss record. Lawson is 47-21 as a head coach, all at his alma mater, a school that, in its history has produced a grand total of ONE FCS scholarship football player, a guy that graduated from there two years before he was born. That’s a 69% winning percentage without a single FCS football player on his roster over six seasons. He could have taken an assistant coach job at one of the powerhouses in the area and picked up a ring or two, but he didn’t. He chose to come home and be an assistant under the guy he played under, even though he didn’t agree with him 100%. He respected the guy, and when the job opened up he got his chance. The second way to define mediocrity is the old “can’t beat the good teams” mantra. Ok, let’s look. His record against the blue blood programs in East Texas isn’t too shabby. San Augustine, Garrison, Alto, Corrigan-Camden, and Tenaha own a combined 8 state titles between them. Under Lawson, Joaquin is a combined 12-6 vs those programs. There’s not a lot of coaches that can claim that. As far as why do I like the guy? I admire his passion for the game and for our community.  He isn’t all about wins and losses. If he was, he’d have jumped on other jobs when they came calling. (And they did come calling.) He came home to build our program into something special. Will he ever get a ring? The odds say no. But it won’t ever be because the other guy outworked him. So keep making your wisecracks. Support your team (whoever it is). I hope they get a ring. We’ll keep supporting our kids and our undersized coach. And about 66% of the time, we’ll knock off one of the blue bloods and get one of the “good coaches” run off. 

This... I'd pick Wade and the Jones' and the rest of that staff over anything else in the state. They make men.

Both these two teams played their hearts out whether they were up by 16 points or down by 28. Lessons were probably learned by some growing athletes but I, as an outsider looking in, feel neither team in this contest needs to walk away shamed!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

My vote for 2021 homer of the year! If I wore blue and white I would follow this man into any battle.

4 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

47-21 interesting doesn’t translate into the playoffs with a record of 4-9 since the 10-11 season ouch. Not sure what coaches y’all are running off With that 

3 hours ago, BronCos2015 said:

47-21 interesting doesn’t translate into the playoffs with a record of 4-9 since the 10-11 season ouch. Not sure what coaches y’all are running off With that 

So... Did you see your girlfriend getting Eiffel towered by Joaquin guys or did you just hear about it?

• LOL! 1

6 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

“He really didn’t agree with him” and “He respected the guy” seem weird here when Gandy was basically forced into retirement and then Lawson is hired from within..🤔🤔🤔 Go on though, I’m just an innocent bystander scrolling through forums.

6 hours ago, BronCos2015 said:

Well since your issues seem to be with Coach Lawson, let’s take a look at his playoff record, and ignore 5 years of his predecessor. (I know that’s a big word so I’ll define it for you: predecessor means the guy who had the job before him.) Lawson’s playoff record is 3-5. We did not make the playoffs in 2015, his first year as HC. Have finished second five consecutive years in some very tough districts. Lost in the first round to Lovelady, who was in regional finals the year before, in 2016. Lack of playoff experience showed up big. We had one kid that had actually played in a playoff game. Lovelady advanced to the third round. Lost a first round war with Centerville in 2017. They lost to San Augustine in regional finals. Got the first playoff win vs West Sabine in 2018, in a game that was over at halftime. Lost a shootout to Carlisle in round 2. Carlisle lost in the third round to a Tenaha team that Joaquin had beaten 3 weeks prior. Blew out Shelbyville in the first round in 19. Won a classic vs unbeaten Alto in round 2. Lost a shootout with Groveton in round 3. Groveton lost to San Augustine the following week. Lost in the first round to Carlisle in 2020. Carlisle wound up third in their district because they never fielded their full team in district play due to Covid. So of the 5 playoff losses, 2 were to regional finalists, two more were to regional seminalists. I can also guarantee that Coach Lawson is not satisfied with this record. So continue to criticize. 

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Well since your issues seem to be with Coach Lawson, let’s take a look at his playoff record, and ignore 5 years of his predecessor. (I know that’s a big word so I’ll define it for you: predecessor means the guy who had the job before him.) Lawson’s playoff record is 3-5. We did not make the playoffs in 2015, his first year as HC. Have finished second five consecutive years in some very tough districts. Lost in the first round to Lovelady, who was in regional finals the year before, in 2016. Lack of playoff experience showed up big. We had one kid that had actually played in a playoff game. Lovelady advanced to the third round. Lost a first round war with Centerville in 2017. They lost to San Augustine in regional finals. Got the first playoff win vs West Sabine in 2018, in a game that was over at halftime. Lost a shootout to Carlisle in round 2. Carlisle lost in the third round to a Tenaha team that Joaquin had beaten 3 weeks prior. Blew out Shelbyville in the first round in 19. Won a classic vs unbeaten Alto in round 2. Lost a shootout with Groveton in round 3. Groveton lost to San Augustine the following week. Lost in the first round to Carlisle in 2020. Carlisle wound up third in their district because they never fielded their full team in district play due to Covid. So of the 5 playoff losses, 2 were to regional finalists, two more were to regional seminalists. I can also guarantee that Coach Lawson is not satisfied with this record. So continue to criticize. 

Wade don't give two shts about a record,he wants to beat you (who ever you are)right now if you are standing in front of him.he is a pragmatic person and is fundamental to the core,if he lost last play,he wants to win the next one....I'll take that all day,cause thats how life is,can't get back yesterday,gotta win tomorrow...some people's need to learn this lesson as they be lacking somthin 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, StillGreezy said:

Congrats once again to beckville.   I think they have a shot to win their district.   Definitely seems like the favorites after week 1. 

While I do think they are good, they aren’t great.  They may win their district, but if they find a way to stop #2 they won’t win IMO.  They do like to hit on defense.  

7 hours ago, StillGreezy said:

If you score 29 unanswered in a hostile environment against a top 10 ranked team you're probably more than a 1 man show.  Just maybe.   

#9 does a great job running the offense, and he’s a weapon with his feet as well. But he really sets the tone for their defense. Really did a great job coming up from that safety spot to stop the run. Very good downhill tackler. 

• Like 1