Gunter vs Sunnyvale

blueflu

4 hours ago, blueflu said:

Sunnyvale, im guessing,  has twice the enrollment and a good program.

Sunnyvale got a raw deal last year from the Dallas County judge shutting them down.   But they ended up going a couple of rounds.  Should be a good game.  SV has a good QB returning from last year.  But I don't think Gunter will  lose this game.

A good test for both teams coming outta the gate.  Gunter can definitely "play up".  The real question is can Sunnyvale come out ready to play a team like Gunter that has an established program and just reloads each season. I noticed Gunter shows 49 on their roster and Sunnyvale shows 59........not much difference there.  Best 15 players is what really matters.......and of course the coaching.

Looking forward to this one as our game last year was cancelled due to delayed start for Dallas County teams.  I expect a good game.  Pigskin - who has nothing to go on - has Gunter favored by 7. 

It looks like Sunnyvale scrimmaged Pottsboro this past week.  Anyone have any info on that one?

On 8/23/2021 at 9:13 AM, Pax said:

Looking forward to this one as our game last year was cancelled due to delayed start for Dallas County teams.  I expect a good game.  Pigskin - who has nothing to go on - has Gunter favored by 7. 

It looks like Sunnyvale scrimmaged Pottsboro this past week.  Anyone have any info on that one?

Hey Pax,  good to see ya back posting. I hope Gunter rolls early and never looks back. Haven’t heard anything about the sunny/potts scrimmage. 

1 hour ago, TCU44 said:

To me the biggest jump in class is going from 3A to 4A.Celina  has tried to schedule Gunter so many times and they refused to play them. I would not be shocked to see Sunnyville win this game. 

I’d be shocked. I can see it being close before seeing Sunnyvale beat Gunter. 
Gunter has too much returning. 

2 hours ago, TCU44 said:

To me the biggest jump in class is going from 3A to 4A.Celina  has tried to schedule Gunter so many times and they refused to play them. I would not be shocked to see Sunnyville win this game. 

why would 800 celina want to play 350 gunter.  Makes no sense.  Celina needs to play up just like we do.

• Like 1