Jump to content

Gunter vs Sunnyvale


blueflu
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, TCU44 said:

To me the biggest jump in class is going from 3A to 4A.Celina  has tried to schedule Gunter so many times and they refused to play them. I would not be shocked to see Sunnyville win this game. 

If Celina wants to play down two classes then their program is not what it used to be.  I doubt your source.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

If Celina wants to play down two classes then their program is not what it used to be.  I doubt your source.

We played them 2008 and 2009... Beat em both times in a slug fest. 08 was when we ended their astronomical number of home game wins. 09 we played them in Dfield in a monsoon. Great games ill never forget as a Tiger fan.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

We played them 2008 and 2009... Beat em both times in a slug fest. 08 was when we ended their astronomical number of home game wins. 09 we played them in Dfield in a monsoon. Great games ill never forget as a Tiger fan.... 

I remember those games.  I was surprised.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

I remember those games.  I was surprised.  

Why? We had some great teams in the late 2000s. Yall would do well against them if the talent yall have is as good as advertised. They were 2 div above us and a powerhouse when we met them.  It would benefit yall to have them for 2 seasons 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Why? We had some great teams in the late 2000s. Yall would do well against them if the talent yall have is as good as advertised. They were 2 div above us and a powerhouse when we met them.  It would benefit yall to have them for 2 seasons 

I was aware of Daingerfield's program, but Celina High School was 9 miles down the road (6 now) and so followed them through all the 8 state championship seasons.  And they had that streak.  Great accomplishment by DF two years there really handling Celina. I'd be happy to play them though they are going to be pretty salty this year I think.  They have a brutal schedule but will go 2-3 rounds I think. Maybe more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, GTAlumnus said:

I was aware of Daingerfield's program, but Celina High School was 9 miles down the road (6 now) and so followed them through all the 8 state championship seasons.  And they had that streak.  Great accomplishment by DF two years there really handling Celina. I'd be happy to play them though they are going to be pretty salty this year I think.  They have a brutal schedule but will go 2-3 rounds I think. Maybe more.

They return alot I believe. That div is hard to win

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, GTAlumnus said:

If Celina wants to play down two classes then their program is not what it used to be.  I doubt your source.

Celina  is there in the same division as Sunnyvale. They have tried to play them many times. Gunter won’t play them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, blueflu said:

why would 800 celina want to play 350 gunter.  Makes no sense.  Celina needs to play up just like we do.

Sunnyvale’s in the same division as Celina but yes I get it. Celina has a brutal schedule anyways already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, blueflu said:

why would 800 celina want to play 350 gunter.  Makes no sense.  Celina needs to play up just like we do.

Celina plays Paul Pewitt, I'm sure they're about the same enrollment numbers as Gunter, so what's Sunnyvale enrollment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GoBigBlue said:

But Celina is playing Pewitt.  I'd say Gunter doesn't want any of Celina.

 

44 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Celina plays Paul Pewitt, I'm sure they're about the same enrollment numbers as Gunter, so what's Sunnyvale enrollment?

👀🤣 seems like gunter likes Dodgeball 😆 🤣 😂 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know nothing about whether varsity games were requested or denied or what. But I do know that GT 8th grade scrimmaged Celina last year... and lost. GT JV scrimmaged them the year before... and won. It was the first game in their new stadium. That's all I got.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TCU44 said:

Celina  is there in the same division as Sunnyvale. They have tried to play them many times. Gunter won’t play them.

What is your point TCU?  I doubt your source (if there really is a source).  Who do you think would have won Gunter/celina the last 5 years? But IF Celina offered a game and IF Gunter didn't accept it would have been due to a scheduling conflict.   Gunter is in a 7 team district and play Pottsboro, Whitesboro, and Pilot Point for non-district every year.  Game 1 they scheduled Daingerfield and Sunnyvale the last 4 years.  The game would have to be game 1 and most likely the schedules didn't allow for it.  You think Celina wants to give up Argyle to play Gunter?  Once they switch to Gunter they may never get Argyle back on their schedule.

if you think Gunter is afraid to play any team in the state that wants to play, forget it.  An 0-4 non-district record is just fine if it happens.  District and playoffs are all that matter.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont mind playing Celina.  That wasnt my point.  I dont understand why they would want to play us.  I dont understand why they would want to play Paul Pewitt.  Would be like us playing a good 2A div 2 team ( say Windthorst).  Jh and jv games would be rediculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...