Grandview vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Grandview vs Malakoff  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got?

Guest Tiger03lb

Game will be at Malakoff @ 730 pm

Both squads have new starting qbs taking over and a lot of key positions to fill in. Both are gonna be about even again. 

Guest Tiger03lb
11 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

This will be an interesting game with all the new faces on the field. I think Malakoff will have an easier time adjusting to life without their QBs than Grandview but both teams will be very solid. Koff by 7. 

I think with our defense like it is, it'll really help. We both may fly under the rader this year until the playoffs come around. Which is fine with me. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Another good first week game... Give me koff by 3-7... Not sure grandview new qb will be ready but I'm hearing he will be good once he gets goin

Heard the same. He'll have a couple of good receivers to help him out. Don't know what their defense will look like. I know they are reloading but don't know if it'll be even close to what it was last year. Bayer younger brother will be stepping up on defense line. I agree this game will only be by at the most 7/10 points. The last three games have been by 7 or less points. Since we finally beat them, I'm hoping they can keep it going. 

9 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Heard the same. He'll have a couple of good receivers to help him out. Don't know what their defense will look like. I know they are reloading but don't know if it'll be even close to what it was last year. Bayer younger brother will be stepping up on defense line. I agree this game will only be by at the most 7/10 points. The last three games have been by 7 or less points. Since we finally beat them, I'm hoping they can keep it going. 

I think they will be fine once they gets some games under them.. A lot of people forget grandview was pretty good before jentch. They have a great coaching staff as well. I just think Malakoff at home will be the difference. Defense is my biggest question early on in the season

Guest Tiger03lb
10 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

I think they will be fine once they gets some games under them.. A lot of people forget grandview was pretty good before jentch. They have a great coaching staff as well. I just think Malakoff at home will be the difference. Defense is my biggest question early on in the season

I agree. It is tough to beat us at home. I don't think they'll be bad on defense but getting up to the speed of the game will play apart of it. I heard they have some speed on that side 

Guest Tiger03lb
34 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Malakoff by 2 TDs, graduation going to hurt Grandview a lot more. Jentch made them go 

It'll be interesting to see how they do without him running the offense and without him being the last defender making a tackle. I can't tell you how many times he made a shoe string tackle on us to stop a td. I think they'll miss him more on defense. He was a damn good safety.

MALAKOFF-GRANDVIEW SERIES

(Grandview leads 4-2)

1990 – Malakoff 45, Grandview 0

2018 – Grandview 28, Malakoff 7

2018 – Grandview 35, Malakoff 21

2019 – Grandview 14, Malakoff 13

2020 – Grandview 31, Malakoff 24

2020 – Malakoff 24, Grandview 21

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

This game lacks the luster it had last year. But still should be a good team. 

Team or game? Lol. We're both reloading but yes it should. This has been a good series between us. I hope they keep it going. Next year will be better though. Jv qb is looking pretty good, maybe moving up the sophomore rb.

4 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Team or game? Lol. We're both reloading but yes it should. This has been a good series between us. I hope they keep it going. Next year will be better though. Jv qb is looking pretty good, maybe moving up the sophomore rb.

Game. 

Going with the Tigers. What I have seen so far our Defense is going to be tough. If the Grandview QB has time to throw and they have the speed on the out sides it will be a close game . I think i will be a low scoring game though because it is early in the year and I think we will be able to control the clock with a number of good RB's and pretty good O line. But we will see.

GV has solid team with eleven returning  and some good move-ins, one of which may take the QB spot over projected starter. Offense has 1500 yd rusher and speed at WR. Defense has stood out in scrimmages. Coaches are high on this team, but I guess we will see. Dave Campbell picks GV by 4. Malakoff is tough at home (and anywhere else). GV has a murders row with Malakoff and three 4A schools, Salado, Godley and Glen Rose, the latter three out for blood as we beat them all last year. GV by 7.

Guest Tiger03lb
31 minutes ago, Zebra65 said:

GV has solid team with eleven returning  and some good move-ins, one of which may take the QB spot over projected starter. Offense has 1500 yd rusher and speed at WR. Defense has stood out in scrimmages. Coaches are high on this team, but I guess we will see. Dave Campbell picks GV by 4. Malakoff is tough at home (and anywhere else). GV has a murders row with Malakoff and three 4A schools, Salado, Godley and Glen Rose, the latter three out for blood as we beat them all last year. GV by 7.

Who was the other team you guys scrimmaged against? Can't really tell off of Teague. It'll be interesting to see if y'alls rb can get a lot of yards against us. Most of the rushing yards came from #3 the past 3 years. Is either qb mobile enough to run it?