Daingerfield @ Tatum

Tatum_DirtyBird

Daingerfield @ Tatum  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who gone win?

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

So yea. Busted coverage like I said. 

I zoomed the endzone angle. It was number 9. 

Busted coverage or not it was starters also so y’all can’t make it seem like the only reason we score cus y’all had second string in, cus those are lies true y’all did lay of the gas but who’s fault is that? 

6 minutes ago, TigerBlue09 said:

Busted coverage or not it was starters also so y’all can’t make it seem like the only reason we score cus y’all had second string in, cus those are lies true y’all did lay of the gas but who’s fault is that? 

We don't lay off the gas its a way different story. Good story for yall though. Hell of a confidence booster. For 42 minutes of the 48.....all us until we hit cruise control, though yalls D was there early. I'm confident yall are gonna be hell in D2.....but if we kept it gassed up.....the Saturday write up and stat line is a whole nother story. Doesn't matter though. We got a good work out and learned a lot in the 35-6 span.....yall was hell. Our coach learned a lesson as well. Dont take the foot off the gas against a loaded team no matter the score. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

We don't lay off the gas its a way different story. Good story for yall though. Hell of a confidence booster. For 42 minutes of the 48.....all us until we hit cruise control, though yalls D was there early. I'm confident yall are gonna be hell in D2.....but if we kept it gassed up.....the Saturday write up and stat line is a whole nother story. Doesn't matter though. We got a good work out and learned a lot in the 35-6 span.....yall was hell. Our coach learned a lesson as well. Dont take the foot off the gas against a loaded team no matter the score. 

Oh I know, it happened to us the year before last up 21 to Gunter let off the gas n got beat 22-21

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

Instead of making it look like y’all done something how come no one talking about JV running backs running all night? Or better yet how about kicking an onside kick after that last touchdown instead of kicking it to the best hands on the field? Just like Otis, you can’t see the Forrest for the trees. 

• Confused 1

here’s the moral of the story.

Tatum (rightfully so mind you) feels like they controlled the game and let off the gas. I think Tatum probably maximized their points other than the 1 turnover inside the 10 on the pass reception that Daingerfield knocked loose.

Daingerfield (also rightfully so) feels like they left a lot out there. Several plays were a step away from being really big momentum swings. Just like Tatum learned a valuable lesson on finishing…Daingerfield learned a valuable lesson that plays don’t just get made because you are open or got behind someone. 

The beauty of it is…both sides can be right. Tatum made more plays consistently through out the game. Daingerfield had multiple chances to make plays before the 4th quarter and didn’t. 

if both sides could take off their Kelly green or royal blue glasses they’d see that the game went about how it should’ve as far as opportunities to make plays (tatum was going to control the LOS, be able to run the ball and let Malone make plays with his feet to help the passing game. Daingerfield was going to have to make plays at WR because the front 3 of tatum might be the best combination of DL in 3A in the state at both levels.) tatum capitalized on those opportunities. Daingerfield missed. If they played again, the script might have flipped. It didn’t, both teams move on to become better from it and we as fans should embrace the fact that that was a pretty dang good ball game with a bunch of good talent on the field. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Tatum (rightfully so mind you) feels like they controlled the game and let off the gas. I think Tatum probably maximized their points other than the 1 turnover inside the 10 on the pass reception that Daingerfield knocked loose.

Daingerfield (also rightfully so) feels like they left a lot out there. Several plays were a step away from being really big momentum swings. Just like Tatum learned a valuable lesson on finishing…Daingerfield learned a valuable lesson that plays don’t just get made because you are open or got behind someone. 

The beauty of it is…both sides can be right. Tatum made more plays consistently through out the game. Daingerfield had multiple chances to make plays before the 4th quarter and didn’t. 

if both sides could take off their Kelly green or royal blue glasses they’d see that the game went about how it should’ve as far as opportunities to make plays (tatum was going to control the LOS, be able to run the ball and let Malone make plays with his feet to help the passing game. Daingerfield was going to have to make plays at WR because the front 3 of tatum might be the best combination of DL in 3A in the state at both levels.) tatum capitalized on those opportunities. Daingerfield missed. If they played again, the script might have flipped. It didn’t, both teams move on to become better from it and we as fans should embrace the fact that that was a pretty dang good ball game with a bunch of good talent on the field. 

+100000000 spot on

39 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Great post. 

Enjoyed the game. THE GAME WAS IN THE BAG! there was NO way the Tigers would win.  The brilliant head coach at Tatum was able to get much needed reps for non starters that may need to be able to come in get a lot of reps against high quality athletes so they might be ready if a starter or two get injured during district, or the playoffs. At the same time, The starters he pulled out were not going to get injured, and would be ready for the next game. Holman made no mistake, or learned any lesson. He GAVE the lesson! At any time he could have put his starters back in but he didn't need to. Again it was a great game! 

1. The goal line stand at the end of the first half was key. 

2. Malone did lose the ball on that one rushing td before he crossed the line. Another Eagle did recover it but it had already rolled on the side line in the end zone.

3. On the other questionable TD I would swear the receiver still had the one foot in when the ball was in his hands. I am still arguing with family that sees it differently. 

4.Daingerfield IS very good! Nelson is doing a very good job with the Tigers. I do think that he should kick an extra point once in a while. It might cost him a game OR it may have already happened in the past. Waskom?? If he has to, He should get a soccer player. Male or Female! I'd bet #1 could kick them through all day long. 

5. Nobody steered me away from the Belmont! Should have. The first room they tried to give me had mud on the floor in the bathroom and a nasty old mop in the bath tub.....gross! The second room wasn't too bad. Didn't see any roaches or bed bugs, but I did try to sleep with one eye open.

6. Sonic website in Tatum says it's open till eleven on Fridays. Nope closed! Dairy Queen closed too. I should have taken the recommendation about the Taco Stand!

7. Last but not least, Tatum's # 14 was the best player on the field bar none!

Please excuse my typos and poor writing ability.👨‍🌾