Jump to content

Pewitt vs Atlanta


Brahmaball
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Eagle8 said:

I don't even know anymore. I thought Atlanta's offense would be tough this year due to returning almost the whole offense.....I know DF is good but 7? It still ain't fixed in Rabbit land. 

Yeah they should’ve put up a few scores on depth alone 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

I don't even know anymore. I thought Atlanta's offense would be tough this year due to returning almost the whole offense.....I know DF is good but 7? It still ain't fixed in Rabbit land. 

we aint got any size up front. that game was won in the trenches. DF had some good size on both sides of the ball. we couldnt run the ball or get any pressure on DF qb. the biggest surprise was our starting QB not being able to complete any passes before he went out injured.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

I don't even know anymore. I thought Atlanta's offense would be tough this year due to returning almost the whole offense.....I know DF is good but 7? It still ain't fixed in Rabbit land. 

Maybe our defense has improved 🤷‍♂️ Kids seem to have bought in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, AtlantaFan04 said:

we aint got any size up front. that game was won in the trenches. DF had some good size on both sides of the ball. we couldnt run the ball or get any pressure on DF qb. the biggest surprise was our starting QB not being able to complete any passes before he went out injured.

Oh we gone get pressure on they QB. Bet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

Maybe our defense has improved 🤷‍♂️ Kids seem to have bought in. 

Oh, I'm sure your defense is solid. Wasnt a knock on DF. Just sayin, Atlanta just ain't Atlanta anymore and its tough to fathom. I mean, it happens to every program at some point....just shocking seeing it with the Athletes they have. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

Oh, I'm sure your defense is solid. Wasnt a knock on DF. Just sayin, Atlanta just ain't Atlanta anymore and its tough to fathom. I mean, it happens to every program at some point....just shocking seeing it with the Athletes they have. 

Maybe half the team missed the bus. 👀

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pewitt really impressed me Friday night, they played hard and agressive until they just got completely gassed in the fourth quarter. Several backs that are very quick and big linemen. When they get in shape for 4 quarters they will be tough to beat. Never would have thought it but going with Pewitt on this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Man razor was some kinds of upset last year after that WO loss. They just couldn’t understand it. And it only got worse as the year went on. 

No, it didn't really get any worse. That was pretty much the lowest point I've seen Atlanta at in quite some time. We'd have to lose to Queen City or something to be in a worse position than the WO loss. 

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, if Atlanta was wondering what they needed to work on, the definitely found out Friday. Not sure how the QB is doing, hopefully his leg is alright. 

I'm not sure what to expect against Pewitt. I would say that one of the things that I saw Atlanta do better than anything else was stopping the run, which may play a factor, but I'm just not sure they're up to stopping Pewitt's offense. I actually thought Atlanta did pretty well pressuring Daingerfield's QB. It seemed like every throw he was making was with someone in his face, or after he ran out of hte pocket. That kid just made the plays. Atlanta's secondary didn't make it too hard on him either most of the night.

This will be Atlanta's big test with the new coaching group. How will the adjust, and how will the kids respond. We're down to QB2 and RB2. I'm not sure what option is left after Pierce as QB2. I figure Kam will be next. He scored the only touchdown we had against Daingerfield out of the wildcat. I would definitely want to find better ways of getting the ball in his hands. The kid is electric in space. 

It's easy to think that even with new coaches everything will fall into place, but the truth is, they're new coaches. New scheme, new offense and defense. You've lost arguably your best player, for how long is unclear at this point. Definitely not the way we wanted to start but it's the hand we're dealt. We'll see how the respond on Friday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...