Pewitt vs Atlanta

Brahmaball

31 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

No, it didn't really get any worse. That was pretty much the lowest point I've seen Atlanta at in quite some time. We'd have to lose to Queen City or something to be in a worse position than the WO loss.ย 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ razor so upset. Hope everyone makes the bus this week. Lol

9 minutes ago, Footballfan59 said:

How has Atlanta declined so much since joining 3a. They used to be much better last couple years they wereย in 4a.ย 

4A is easier than 3A....

Joking. Man it's been years in the making. I mean, knowing what we know about last season, there's going to be some things they have to work through. Like @TIMRIGGINSsaid, culture change won't happen overnight. It won't happen this year more than likely. I've already seen a lot of things that do seem to be different, and that look better. But it's going to take a couple of years before you can get a full group of kids that have all bought in and have changed the culture of football being played. We may or may not see the big changes take effect this year. I'm hoping we do, but that's wishful thinking.ย 

The good thing for Atlanta is, with this new coaching staff, they've got a stellar group of athletic underclassmen. Freshman class is full of dudes, 8th grade has some good athletes as well. So if the culture is going to change, now's the time to really get it rolling.ย 

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

4A is easier than 3A....

Joking. Man it's been years in the making. I mean, knowing what we know about last season, there's going to be some things they have to work through. Like @TIMRIGGINSsaid, culture change won't happen overnight. It won't happen this year more than likely. I've already seen a lot of things that do seem to be different, and that look better. But it's going to take a couple of years before you can get a full group of kids that have all bought in and have changed the culture of football being played. We may or may not see the big changes take effect this year. I'm hoping we do, but that's wishful thinking.ย 

Heard thereโ€™s a chance for a move back into for 4a in one ofย the next two realignmentsย 

Just now, Footballfan59 said:

Heard thereโ€™s a chance for a move back into for 4a in one ofย the next two realignmentsย 

Very big chance. Atlanta's younger classes are big. There will be no stopping it in a few years, but this fresh class is big, and I think they 8th grade class is pretty big. I know my son's class, and the class above him (2nd and 3rd grade) have almost what the entire high school posted on the last snapshot alone. But with more kids comes more athletes. Just gotta work out all the kinks.ย 

38 minutes ago, Footballfan59 said:

Naaaa ATL has a good hiding spot for kids!ย  They're Cass County's reigning hide and go seek championsย 

18 hours ago, soldier1 said:

Naaaa ATL has a good hiding spot for kids!ย  They're Cass County's reigning hide and go seek championsย 

How do we do that? I'd love to know! Let's hear your expert take.

Everyone seems to have a problem with Atlanta dropping down but don't say anything about Gladewater, New Boston, Mineola and White Oak all being former members of a larger classification. I don't know what we are this year bu last year we were 45 kids under the cutoff. Not exactly close.

ย 

• Like 1

Well, all bad news in Atlanta so far through week 1.

Starting RB is done for the season. I hate it for that kid. I know he loves the game and loves to play ball, and already missed half of last season.

Starting QB is being seen some time this week, but it didn't and doesn't look good so far.ย 

I feel for the coaching staff. You couldn't ask for a worse start to your first season here. 1 of the worst injuries you can get on the single down you play in your 2nd scrimmage to arguably your best player, then losing your starting QB. Doesn't mean the season is over by any means, but you invest a lot in your starters in the offseason, and a lot of that gets thrown out the window.

Atlanta can't replace the RB they lost, that's for certain, but hopefully some of these other boys step up and start carrying the workload. We've got a good running game coach, so hopefully they can get it all figured out.ย 

45 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Starting RB is done for the season. I hate it for that kid. I know he loves the game and loves to play ball, and already missed half of last season.

Starting QB is being seen some time this week, but it didn't and doesn't look good so far.ย 

I feel for the coaching staff. You couldn't ask for a worse start to your first season here. 1 of the worst injuries you can get on the single down you play in your 2nd scrimmage to arguably your best player, then losing your starting QB. Doesn't mean the season is over by any means, but you invest a lot in your starters in the offseason, and a lot of that gets thrown out the window.

Atlanta can't replace the RB they lost, that's for certain, but hopefully some of these other boys step up and start carrying the workload. We've got a good running game coach, so hopefully they can get it all figured out.ย 

Thatโ€™s tough to overcome.ย 

48 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Who is the Rb going to be?

1 hour ago, Bulldogfan72 said:

Who is the Rb going to be?

I know that #22 LaRandion Dowden got most of the carries against Daingerfield. He's a promising kid, just young. He's only a sophomore. They'll probably start mixing our kicker in (#7 Hernandez). Doesn't have break-neck speed but he runs hard.ย 

Got to think they'll start getting real creative on offense. One of their most explosive playmakers is at WR, and if we can't throw the ball, we've got to find ways to get it into his hands.ย 

Just now, NATUREBOY98 said:

Iโ€™ll get sent back to death row. Iโ€™ve got to talk about cheese fries and other riveting stuff like that.ย 

I've never actually read the Smoaky rules, I just have generally looked at whatever you and Lion70 did and said I probably shouldn't do that. ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1