WEEK TWO: Pittsburg @ Mt. Vernon

MVFAN1

Guest Tiger03lb
25 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Tough region. There's several possibilities this year. 

Should let Tatum and MV hash it out in the top bracket 👀

27 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Should let Tatum and MV hash it out in the top bracket 👀

I honestly dunno if we're even one of the possibilities yet. We meet the eye test. Seem to have a good bit of talent. Jury is still out. It's all gotta click.

Guest Tiger03lb
9 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

I honestly dunno if we're even one of the possibilities yet. We meet the eye test. Seem to have a good bit of talent. Jury is still out. It's all gotta click.

Imo, you guys are or can be a deep playoff team. I think what will matter most is coaching this year with y'alls team. Everyone knows you guys have the players. 

10 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Add both of them, multiply by 2 and that’s MVs score. Subtract 21 from 14 and that’s Pitts score. 👀

Saturday morning Pitt will be 1-1 and getting ready to beat Tatum. Pitt front seven is nasty, quick, and can cause turnovers. They are supposed to get 4 starters back this week, one of them a key player on both sides, if they get it rolling on offense, actually catch the ball when they are wide open and capitalize off turnovers Pitt will win 35-21.

6 minutes ago, Pirate44 said:

Saturday morning Pitt will be 1-1 and getting ready to beat Tatum. Pitt front seven is nasty, quick, and can cause turnovers. They are supposed to get 4 starters back this week, one of them a key player on both sides, if they get it rolling on offense, actually catch the ball when they are wide open and capitalize off turnovers Pitt will win 35-21.

Y’all scored 12 on Jefferson so they must be absolute studs on defense then?

10 minutes ago, Pirate44 said:

I get that Jeffy only scored 15 but I don’t feel like their offense is as good as ours. 

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Y’all scored 12 on Jefferson so they must be absolute studs on defense then?

Pitt killed their selves dropping wide open passes stopping drives and a lot of penalties. Should’ve been 28-0 at the half but stuff happens. Hopefully they get it together this week or this will start off slow then MV will start running away with it. Pitt defense is good and secondary has improved a lot better than last year so they will keep it close but if the offense doesn’t produce they will break.

14 minutes ago, Pirate44 said:

Pitt killed their selves dropping wide open passes stopping drives and a lot of penalties. Should’ve been 28-0 at the half but stuff happens. Hopefully they get it together this week or this will start off slow then MV will start running away with it. Pitt defense is good and secondary has improved a lot better than last year so they will keep it close but if the offense doesn’t produce they will break.

Y’all got a few more weeks to work the kinks out. 

4 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Y’all got a few more weeks to work the kinks out. 

Y’all planning on rolling them up like Center ?  I’m sure it’s not what y’all expected when you made the schedule but other than DF y’all’s preseason schedule may turn out to be soft. 

30 minutes ago, Pirate44 said:

Maybe Pitt will have it all worked out this week. Will do MV's new QB some good to see some good stiff competition before district.

4 hours ago, Pirate44 said:

Pitt can’t afford to start slow, or they will blink and it will be 14-0. 
If they can play ball control offense and get a few stops on D, it could be interesting 

16 hours ago, Pirate44 said:

This I agree with after watching the game. Pitt had more than enough chances. 

16 minutes ago, BigBoy44 said:

Pitt 28-

MV 14

I lost my phone at Pitt game Friday and I only log on smoaky with phone. No tuck and run in my blood, trust me. Pitt Strike!

You ain't holding MV to less than you held a mediocre Jefferson squad lol. 

9 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

You ain't holding MV to less than you held a mediocre Jefferson squad lol. 

Actually held Jefferson to 7 and that came after blown coverage on a 62 yard pass play along with that int returned for game winning TD. Other than that, Jefferson had nothing. It is, what it is and Jefferson won that ballgame. Pitt is on to MV now and looking forward to bouncing back. Pitt Strike!