Tyler High Vs Tyler Legacy ROSE CITY RIVALRY

NODAYSOFFTX

I’m not going to stick my neck out too far on this game, for I know there will be a lot of City pride on the line. It’s early season and the most improvement a team makes is between week 1 and 2. Legacy appears to have a edge, but Rick will have those boys ready to battle. It will be close. Legacy by 7 

4 hours ago, GOLEE said:

I’m not going to stick my neck out too far on this game, for I know there will be a lot of City pride on the line. It’s early season and the most improvement a team makes is between week 1 and 2. Legacy appears to have a edge, but Rick will have those boys ready to battle. It will be close. Legacy by 7 

GoLee, you mention something in this post that is just hilarious.

• Like 1

This won’t be close. Bryson and Miller will go for 350 combined. That is basically Legacy’s entire offense. They will ride the RB’s until they play the rest of the schedule where now they have to play from behind, and then it will backfire. But Tyler High is not a player issue, it’s a coaching issue. Has been for a while. Holt should be QB full time and 0 should be RB. No reason to have one off the field while the other is QB. JT has not had a good offensive coach since Blaylock was pushed out. Rick has surrounded himself with guys who shouldn’t be 6A coordinators. Doesn’t mean they aren’t nice guys, but JT did this to themselves. Feel bad for the kids though. If Holt gets bulk of snaps at QB, they can throw on Lee’s D. 

Edited by 903Football
Add

I've been to this game several times through the years.  Pulled for each.... cheered against each when it somehow affected my interests.

I've seen one upset the other when they had no business doing so.  One would be stacked the other would be heavy underdogs. Didn't seem to matter.

This year is a little different because neither is stacked....  but Legacy seems to be on an upward trend while Tyler seems to be headed in another direction.

One has a general sense of positivity... the other seems to be sinking into negativity.  You can see it by the posts from the supporters of each.

Either team winning wouldn't shock me.  HOW they would could possibly shock me.

I think Legacy.... while appearing somewhat one-dimensional at the moment has the horses (and the size) to beat Tyler.  The Raiders are BIG and FAST.  And their defense will cause some troubles.  I think they will be able to run at will with their two-headed beast.... and then let their defense make it stick.

Tyler is trying to find some offensive identity.  I'm not sure that's going to be easy against this defense.  But their undoing will be their defense... Lee's size and strength will be too much.

Legacy wins comfortably