Tyler High Vs Tyler Legacy ROSE CITY RIVALRY

NODAYSOFFTX

1 hour ago, 903popparose said:

Nahhhh thats all you im saying don't say we got yall players we yall aint doing to good......cause we don't hear that when yall in the playoffs stop acting like you aint catching that.

Again bypassing. I am talking about district lines. I don’t care if both are winning or losing, but I do care about the district line being drawn to help one school over the other.

On 8/31/2021 at 8:38 AM, 903popparose said:

All ima say is when legacy was going 1-9 2-8 3-7 4-6 and 5-5 and etc and when jt was winning 7+regular season games a year winning district and going deep in the playoffs not one jt was saying a player from legacy was supposed to be at jt but soon as jt dont have a good team and legacy beat em Nd go further all of a sudden legacy got all yall players.stop using the excuse when yall aint good that legacy got all yall players we been hearing this miller stuff for 3 years now...putting him in yall backfield still won't change anything yall got all these returning players at jt yall supposed to be better so that's a jt issue. 

1. It’s not that serious to get worked up about kids playing high school football

2. There are multiple players who would be John Tyler living area.

3. This is not new. Going back to late 90’s and 2000’s, a wide bulk of the TL players were guys who lived in JT district. The difference back then, it was evened out by the vast amount of talent feeding into both schools. But, even in the late 90’s and early 2000’s a vast amount of players at TL were JT area players who came to TL. 
This is t an excuse, it’s facts. Now with that said, the TL program was in bad due to coaching. Piske and Traylor were not great coaches. Period. Willis has brought a mindset back to TL that had not been there since Owens. Also is using players in many ways to display what they are good at and meshing the pieces together. Will they beat LV, Allen, Rockwall, Heath, and a few others, most likely not. But they will get the most out of the players they have. That has been the issue at JT the last few years. The monster players you can line up and win with no matter what are not there. It comes down to developing players, putting players in positions to have success, X/O’s and coaching. The staff at JT even though nice guys, are not a great staff. Simple as that. If people step back and quit talking as fans, and watch the games over the last few years, it’s clear. It’s also clear by the college programs thoughts on each program & offers. This doesn’t mean JT can’t figure it out, but it’s going to take changes now. That’s simply sports 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 903Football said:

1. It’s not that serious to get worked up about kids playing high school football

3. This is not new. Going back to late 90’s and 2000’s, a wide bulk of the TL players were guys who lived in JT district. The difference back then, it was evened out by the vast amount of talent feeding into both schools. But, even in the late 90’s and early 2000’s a vast amount of players at TL were JT area players who came to TL. 
This is t an excuse, it’s facts. Now with that said, the TL program was in bad due to coaching. Piske and Traylor were not great coaches. Period. Willis has brought a mindset back to TL that had not been there since Owens. Also is using players in many ways to display what they are good at and meshing the pieces together. Will they beat LV, Allen, Rockwall, Heath, and a few others, most likely not. But they will get the most out of the players they have. That has been the issue at JT the last few years. The monster players you can line up and win with no matter what are not there. It comes down to developing players, putting players in positions to have success, X/O’s and coaching. The staff at JT even though nice guys, are not a great staff. Simple as that. If people step back and quit talking as fans, and watch the games over the last few years, it’s clear. It’s also clear by the college programs thoughts on each program & offers. This doesn’t mean JT can’t figure it out, but it’s going to take changes now. That’s simply sports 

Wow out of all the comments I’ve seen on this topic and the 7 years I spent living in Tyler this by far is the best. Very well said. 

4 hours ago, 903Football said:

The best example 

7 hours ago, 903Football said:

That has been the issue at JT the last few years. The monster players you can line up and win with no matter what are not there. It comes down to developing players, putting players in positions to have success, X/O’s and coaching. The staff at JT even though nice guys, are not a great staff. Simple as that. If people step back and quit talking as fans, and watch the games over the last few years, it’s clear. It’s also clear by the college programs thoughts on each program & offers. This doesn’t mean JT can’t figure it out, but it’s going to take changes now. That’s simply sports 

This staff has won alot of games in the past, but im not sure what has happen lately. I have my thoughts though.  

I watch the Thigh game and there were a couple of 3rd and 1 situations on offense where the play calling seem a little questionable.  Maybe Thigh is that good.  I guess we will see.  If you look at the schedule, there are about 5 maybe 6 games that Tyler can win. Not saying they will, but on paper that have a shot.  For this team that would be great considering the recent failures.   They will return a ton of players next yr. Probably about 85 to 90 percent of the starters along with several rotation players.  If they manage to win those games, I would be alot more confident about next yr. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

This staff has won alot of games in the past, but im not sure what has happen lately. I have my thoughts though.  

I watch the Thigh game and there were a couple of 3rd and 1 situations on offense where the play calling seem a little questionable.  Maybe Thigh is that good.  I guess we will see.  If you look at the schedule, there are about 5 maybe 6 games that Tyler can win. Not saying they will, but on paper that have a shot.  For this team that would be great considering the recent failures.   They will return a ton of players next yr. Probably about 85 to 90 percent of the starters along with several rotation players.  If they manage to win those games, I would be alot more confident about next yr. 

I think next year SHOULD be a district title contending year with a playoff run hopefully