Jump to content

Tyler High Vs Tyler Legacy ROSE CITY RIVALRY


NODAYSOFFTX
 Share

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, 903Football said:

This won’t be close. Bryson and Miller will go for 350 combined. That is basically Legacy’s entire offense. They will ride the RB’s until they play the rest of the schedule where now they have to play from behind, and then it will backfire. But Tyler High is not a player issue, it’s a coaching issue. Has been for a while. Holt should be QB full time and 0 should be RB. No reason to have one off the field while the other is QB. JT has not had a good offensive coach since Blaylock was pushed out. Rick has surrounded himself with guys who shouldn’t be 6A coordinators. Doesn’t mean they aren’t nice guys, but JT did this to themselves. Feel bad for the kids though. If Holt gets bulk of snaps at QB, they can throw on Lee’s D. 

the current OC was the OC when they went to semi finals and lost to Guyer.  He was also the OC  when they went 4 rounds deep a few yrs ago ahd lost to HP.  BUT like I said in the THigh thread. This program is trending down.  Maybe things get turned around this season, but I need to see it to believe it.  Maybe Texas High is that good.  I thought the defense showed some heart in the second half, but for an offense to have that many returning players, the production was awful.   There are alot of areas improvement is needed. Oline is one of them.  Hasn't been good lately despite returning a ton of starters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

seriously, when is the last time JT/Tyler High beat Lee/Legacy when they were the underdog in that game. Maybe once in the past 20 yrs. But I can think of several yrs were the Red Raiders were the underdog and they won .  

I'm sticking my previous statement. I'm not picking Cujo in a game this yr. I don't care if they play a middle school.  

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

the current OC was the OC when they went to semi finals and lost to Guyer.  He was also the OC  when they went 4 rounds deep a few yrs ago ahd lost to HP.  BUT like I said in the THigh thread. This program is trending down.  Maybe things get turned around this season, but I need to see it to believe it.  Maybe Texas High is that good.  I thought the defense showed some heart in the second half, but for an offense to have that many returning players, the production was awful.   There are alot of areas improvement is needed. Oline is one of them.  Hasn't been good lately despite returning a ton of starters.

Ridiculous man.. you have 10 offensive starters that came back 10!!!! SMH and can only mustard 10 points??!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Ridiculous man.. you have 10 offensive starters that came back 10!!!! SMH and can only mustard 10 points??!!

bruh i told u not to pick them.  5 yrs ago, if JT had 10 returning starters, you could write them in for a deep playoff run.   Not anymore.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

the current OC was the OC when they went to semi finals and lost to Guyer.  He was also the OC  when they went 4 rounds deep a few yrs ago ahd lost to HP.  BUT like I said in the THigh thread. This program is trending down.  Maybe things get turned around this season, but I need to see it to believe it.  Maybe Texas High is that good.  I thought the defense showed some heart in the second half, but for an offense to have that many returning players, the production was awful.   There are alot of areas improvement is needed. Oline is one of them.  Hasn't been good lately despite returning a ton of starters.

Agrees and yea…Thing is, both the OC’s were lucky to have so much talent that there wasn’t much actual X & O’s needed. Both are good guys, neither should be 6A coordinators. There has been no development at JT. Only chance they have is if Holt plays QB, and then they still aren’t within, 21 points. TISD wanted this though when they redid the lines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, 903Football said:

TISD wanted this though when they redid the lines.

TH's line should go all the way to ECP.

No one living in the vicinity of Glenwood should be going to Legacy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 903Football said:

Agrees and yea…Thing is, both the OC’s were lucky to have so much talent that there wasn’t much actual X & O’s needed. Both are good guys, neither should be 6A coordinators. There has been no development at JT. Only chance they have is if Holt plays QB, and then they still aren’t within, 21 points. TISD wanted this though when they redid the lines.

its easier to coach when you go from Greg Ward to Geo to Bryson Smith, to Cadillac. 

All is not dead here. They can turn things around. This probably isn't fair to Coach Holmes, but I feel like this is a make a break season. Need to see some improvement in this program.    Honestly this is a good class at Legacy, so Cujo on paper shouldn't win this game.  But here is a chance to make a statement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

TH's line should go all the way to ECP.

No one living in the vicinity of Glenwood should be going to Legacy.

true.  And all though I feel like this is an issue, I don't think this is the main issue at Tyler High right now. 

But lets give Texas High some credit.  Maybe they are just that good....I'm trying my best to stay positive. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ANTI said:

TH's line should go all the way to ECP.

No one living in the vicinity of Glenwood should be going to Legacy.

It’s played a factor over by Stewart though, imagine if we had miller right now, pretty sure we would be the favorite, but redrawing the lines nixed that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

seriously, when is the last time JT/Tyler High beat Lee/Legacy when they were the underdog in that game. Maybe once in the past 20 yrs. But I can think of several yrs were the Red Raiders were the underdog and they won .  

I'm sticking my previous statement. I'm not picking Cujo in a game this yr. I don't care if they play a middle school.  

Damn

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

seriously, when is the last time JT/Tyler High beat Lee/Legacy when they were the underdog in that game. Maybe once in the past 20 yrs. But I can think of several yrs were the Red Raiders were the underdog and they won .  

I'm sticking my previous statement. I'm not picking Cujo in a game this yr. I don't care if they play a middle school.  

Lmaooooo. The 7th or 8th grade team? Maybe that should be the next poll 🤣

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ya'll do realize that you can return all 22 starters from a losing team, but if none of the players have improved in the slightest...well, that just leaves you with a slightly more experienced losing team. Miller wouldn't change the outcome of what Legacy is about to do to JT. The district lines are the district lines, its about time we all get over that. That excuse is overused and outdated. That literally has zero to do with why JT can't be competitive with TH. 24-10? Sure. Anyone who watched that game knows that TH was easily 25 points better than JT. While there is a definite drop in the talent pool at JT, with the talent on hand, you should be able to scheme your way to being competitive. All I seen this past Friday night was a team that has become accustomed to losing. They don't seem confident in anything they're doing. They almost seem like they expect to lose. All these losses look exactly the same. Tough break for the kids. I hope they know that due to past success (that a lot of them weren't even born to see) not one team is gonna feel sorry for em. My guess is they'll continue to be bullied all season long. This one should be over fairly early though. Pains me to say, Lee by at least 24 points....at the half lol.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LionHated said:

 The district lines are the district lines, its about time we all get over that. That excuse is overused and outdated. That literally has zero to do with why JT can't be competitive with TH. 

Who said it was the main or only reason?

You also do not understand basic geography.

Take a look at most school districts around the state and see how they accomodate growth. Tyler ISD does not do the same. 

I'm not even a JT fan and understand how they are getting the short end of the stick in the zoning department alone. 

Legacy by a bunch. Forget Miller or Donnell....T-High is about to get killed in the trenches by Legacy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ANTI said:

TH's line should go all the way to ECP.

No one living in the vicinity of Glenwood should be going to Legacy.

Man I tell you it’s crazy how close that area is to jt I grew up in that area and my sister went to lee I was able to go to chapel hill cuss my mom was teacher there but if not I’d been at lee as well as my other sister  but that whole area should be Tyler high

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember watching the 2009 game against a heavily favored JT team. Lee was young and didnt have a chance. Laquintas Wallace (sophomore) ran back the opening kickoff,and JT went downhill from there. It was turnovers and busted plays. Lee played the perfect game and took advantage of every opportunity. it was a circus game. That's what can happen in these games. Big Mo shows up and anything can happen. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lee was wasn't young in 2009. They had a senior laden team. Wallace was a freshman. Dada, Myers, Dinkins, Robert's, Wilson, Howard, and even Wager were the main players. You had Reece, Browning,  Mosley, I can't think of the other db name but I know his family real well. His family last name is Wallace but his last name is not. Them and John Paul were juniors. They wasn't that young. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As for as Glenwood and surrounding streets that's always been Lee area. Lee doesn't have that many players in their program. Matter of fact I only counted 51 players give or take against Lufkin Friday night. 3 of them weren't even dressed out. The only person we know that would have been at JT is Miller. Can't nobody name no one else that was taken when they redrew the boundary lines. Either way it goes like Coach Holmes say, you with what you got. No excuses.  This statement came out his mouth. You never heard him cry about players going to different schools. He knows what he is up against. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, VonG said:

As for as Glenwood and surrounding streets that's always been Lee area. Lee doesn't have that many players in their program. Matter of fact I only counted 51 players give or take against Lufkin Friday night. 3 of them weren't even dressed out. The only person we know that would have been at JT is Miller. Can't nobody name no one else that was taken when they redrew the boundary lines. Either way it goes like Coach Holmes say, you with what you got. No excuses.  This statement came out his mouth. You never heard him cry about players going to different schools. He knows what he is up against. 

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...