Nacogdoches vs Lufkin

nacdragon07

15 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Canceling that game last year and finding someone a few days later 

We canceled because we were not cleared to play on Friday. Lufkin didn’t want to play Saturday so we played Boswell on Saturday. 

The band got moved because of those same traditionalists that want this game to stay on the schedule whined that the band moved to the home side and they didn’t like it. Band gets what they want here!!

1 hour ago, missionimpossible said:

Good effort by Nac. Lufkin is in trouble with that qb. That was the weakest offense I have seen Lufkin have in the last 20 years or so. Might be a long year for the Pack. Nac just gave out in the 4th quarter. 

Yep. It will be a long year for Lufkin, maybe no playoffs. A blessing if not. Unfortunately, the same OC will be here next year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PackAttack said:

That's because Nacogdoches limited the ticket sales to Lufkin fans to only participant families. The Nac home crowd looked sparse too.

Tickets were limited for Nac. to only participants families and season ticket holders as well.

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

So do the relatively low scoring and reasonably competitive games for Lufkin & Longview vs Nac & Marshall respectively say more about Lufkin/Longview or Nac/Marshall?

I have not seen Longview play so I cant speak for Longview/Marshall. I will say watching Lufkin/Nac, this is no where close to the LP of old and this is not the Dragons of old either. Both teams have moved toward each other. LP has zero passing game and when they run into a team that matches up with the size of their O-Line they are in trouble. 

Nac playing both ways lost some of their top players for series at a time due to cramps, illegal formations in particular killed 3 drives and cost us a potential of 21 points. Nac will be just fine for district and should still be in the mix for the #2-#4 seed. 

2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

So do the relatively low scoring and reasonably competitive games for Lufkin & Longview vs Nac & Marshall respectively say more about Lufkin/Longview or Nac/Marshall?

Longview/Marshall is definitely a case of Longview being very young, not having a solid OL and insisting to play a system that is not set for the players we gave this year. King’s just beyond stubborn.

Marshall, I’m sorry, is no world beater and would’ve been torched by anything resembling a half decent offense.

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Longview/Marshall is definitely a case of Longview being very young, not having a solid OL and insisting to play a system that is not set for the players we gave this year. King’s just beyond stubborn.

Marshall, I’m sorry, is no world beater and would’ve been torched by anything resembling a half decent offense.

So, Nac is the only team on the up?  Dang.

7 hours ago, missionimpossible said:

Good effort by Nac. Lufkin is in trouble with that qb. That was the weakest offense I have seen Lufkin have in the last 20 years or so. Might be a long year for the Pack. Nac just gave out in the 4th quarter. 

Sophomore on JV should be QB