Taunting

Nacwagons

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

I do not believe in ANY taunting. Don’t point in the air at the 15, etc…  Our players, their players, it doesn’t matter. Penalize them. I don’t care how old they are, it’s about respect. Some of you don’t agree and that’s fine, just my opinion 

Yes, the Crandall kid clearly taunted our player. Bush league, act like you’ve done it before. The NFL has definitely been a NEGATIVE influence. In a lot of ways. 

I saw something really refreshing the other night on Thursday in Jacksonville JVille was hosting Crandall’s JV. One of ‘Jacksonville’s running backs had his jersey all down underneath his right shoulder pad where was sticking out. Is he was going back to the Hurdle, one of the Crandall linebackers went over there and told him to stop for second and he pulled his journey back over his pads for him. I saw something really refreshing the other night on Thursday in Jacksonville. JVille was hosting Crandalls JV. One of ‘Jacksonville’s running backs got pounded by a Crandall LB. Our RB had his jersey pulled down underneath his right shoulder pad where it was sticking out. As he was going back to the Hurdle, that same Crandall LB went over there and told him to stop for a second and he pulled his jersey back over his pads for him. I’m old school, all that DeSoto, Terrell Owens #### just ruins the game. 

Very well said....👌🤨

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

I do not believe in ANY taunting. Don’t point in the air at the 15, etc…  Our players, their players, it doesn’t matter. Penalize them. I don’t care how old they are, it’s about respect. Some of you don’t agree and that’s fine, just my opinion 

Yes, the Crandall kid clearly taunted our player. Bush league, act like you’ve done it before. The NFL has definitely been a NEGATIVE influence. In a lot of ways. 

I saw something really refreshing the other night on Thursday. JVille was hosting Crandalls JV. One of ‘Jacksonville’s running backs got pounded by a Crandall LB. Our RB had his jersey pulled down underneath his right shoulder pad where it was sticking out. As he was going back to the Hurdle, that same Crandall LB went over there and told him to stop for a second and he pulled his jersey back over his pads for him. I’m old school, all that DeSoto, Terrell Owens junk just ruins the game. 

I guess I’m from an even older school, because I’d have told the opposing player who just laid the wood on me to get the F away from me, and I’d have tried to get the best of him every snap from then on. And we’d probably jaw back and forth throughout the game. And then afterwards we’d shake hands and say good game and genuinely mean it.

• Like 2

Looks like we all agree to disagree, nothing wrong with that!!! Let the boys ball as long as it's respectful and doesn't hurt someone's "feelings", it makes the game that more interesting when these young players put in work and it pays off as they enjoy a big hit or whatever the cause may be, it doesn't bother me at all as long as it doesn't cross the lines... I can't figure out how they grow up in households has anything to do with celebrating a TD, big hit or omething 🤔.... my boy plays young ball and has scored many TD's as a RB and WR and has never been flagged for "taunting" although some players have cause what they did was uncalled for which is not the whole argument here, some are arguing nothing should be allowed which takes away from the excitement of the game... I guess the refs need to throw a flag after a big hit was made and the opposing teams fan base on the sidelines got hyped up to much and loud, freedom? Pshhh yeah right.... SMH

• Like 2

To me, it isn’t how the house they grew up in…. It’s society, what the league does, what “some” coaches allow, etc… kids will do what is expected of them. I’m not saying a kid can’t celebrate… just don’t taunt. Don’t point. Don’t talk trash. Don’t cheap shot after the play is over. I saw Crandalls best player do a LeBron flop the other night as he grazed one of our players. Got up yelling for a flag with his arms up. Just bull. I’m yanking him out if I see that. Again, appreciate the topic and everyone’s opinion. 

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

To me, it isn’t how the house they grew up in…. It’s society, what the league does, what “some” coaches allow, etc… kids will do what is expected of them. I’m not saying a kid can’t celebrate… just don’t taunt. Don’t point. Don’t talk trash. Don’t cheap shot after the play is over. I saw Crandalls best player do a LeBron flop the other night as he grazed one of our players. Got up yelling for a flag with his arms up. Just bull. I’m yanking him out if I see that. Again, appreciate the topic and everyone’s opinion. 

I think some of us are all saying the same thing, just in different ways. Because the things you list out, yeah I’m against those things. With the exception of trash talking, maybe. I’d prefer the players let their game do the talking, but a little jawing back and forth doesn’t bother me.

Cheap shots, no place for them. Flops, no place for them. Dramatic, overblown calls for a flag, get rid of it. But a celebration after a TD, or big play, or big hit … that’s all part of it, as far as I’m concerned. Celebrating your success and victory shouldn’t hurt your oppositions feelings, and if it does, that’s on THEM.

4 minutes ago, d0tc0m said:

I think some of us are all saying the same thing, just in different ways. Because the things you list out, yeah I’m against those things. With the exception of trash talking, maybe. I’d prefer the players let their game do the talking, but a little jawing back and forth doesn’t bother me.

Cheap shots, no place for them. Flops, no place for them. Dramatic, overblown calls for a flag, get rid of it. But a celebration after a TD, or big play, or big hit … that’s all part of it, as far as I’m concerned. Celebrating your success and victory shouldn’t hurt your oppositions feelings, and if it does, that’s on THEM.

Yes!! Well said. 

• Like 1

I have no problem with kids celebrating with high fives with each other as they are moving toward their bench. I disagree with planned celebrations or anything that demeans the opponent. However, my biggest pet peeve is players refusing to congratulate their opponents after a loss. As a coach, the kid would run gassers after their next practice and sit out the next game.