Henderson at Gilmer

SHillBuckeye

Hendersons offense might be pretty good (I say "might" because Hallsville has a lot of work to do on defense) but if you can score then you have a punchers chance. Problem is that Henderson also has a lot of work to do on defense. A Henderson win is not out of the question but EVERYTHING will have to break the Lions way. I am expecting a Bux win something like 45-21.

5 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Gilmer’s defense is vastly improved. This will definitely NOT be a shootout. The only way this game is close, is if Henderson’s defense plays a lot better than last week. I think it will play out like the Gladewater game and Gilmer pulls away in the second half. 

I agree with you that Henderson D. Has to come out the gate on this game, the kids knows that but I dnt know if the New coaches knows that and knows how Gilmer is, since New coaches came from different school and divisions.

4 hours ago, PelvisPresley said:

who was it Hendo lost to last week?

they were confident going into that game, correct? 

that team wasn't Gilmer or as strong as Gilmer...I think the confidence may waiver after a loss...no matter how much ya sugar coat it...of course, anything can happen it's COVID'21

They didn't lose.

16 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Another thing Henderson must do is open of the offense. I get it the brother to brother combination is great but the offense would be more effective if they would give to multiple receivers. Also QB runs and bootlegs ect would be effective because he obviously has the talent. Defensive pressure and better tackling would improve tremendously.

Hope so and we will see when season runs down.

25 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

According to our announcers all of our kids have grown 4 to 5 inches and put on 20 pounds of muscle lol. 

So true, and "literally", ... haha!  The hometown announcers are definitely homers, but they really are very good people.  There's nothing wrong with being homers in and of itself, but sometimes I do wish they knew how to spot the ball, give down and distance, and describe a better picture of what is happening on the field.  They make the game, unnecessarily, very hard to follow unless you're actually watching the game.  I mean, slow down with all the talk, find out exactly where the ball is and call it accordingly.  They finally have a decent cameraman.  It would be nice if they had at least one more to pan around, give field level views, etc.  I'm not complaining, though.  These guys do this for free, and just because they are Buckeye fans.

I am not one of those that is thinking this game will be a blowout.  I've seen too many matchups between these two teams to take anything for granted.  Henderson, more times than not, competes very well with us.  It may be a good thing that we are playing them early in the season while they are still trying to learn the new system in place by a new coaching staff.  The thing is, the Lions always have a lot of talent.  If the Buckeyes play flat, or make a lot of mistakes, this could be much closer than it should be. JMHO

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

So true, and "literally", ... haha!  The hometown announcers are definitely homers, but they really are very good people.  There's nothing wrong with being homers in and of itself, but sometimes I do wish they knew how to spot the ball, give down and distance, and describe a better picture of what is happening on the field.  They make the game, unnecessarily, very hard to follow unless you're actually watching the game.  I mean, slow down with all the talk, find out exactly where the ball is and call it accordingly.  They finally have a decent cameraman.  It would be nice if they had at least one more to pan around, give field level views, etc.  I'm not complaining, though.  These guys do this for free, and just because they are Buckeye fans.

I am not one of those that is thinking this game will be a blowout.  I've seen too many matchups between these two teams to take anything for granted.  Henderson, more times than not, competes very well with us.  It may be a good thing that we are playing them early in the season while they are still trying to learn the new system in place by a new coaching staff.  The thing is, the Lions always have a lot of talent.  If the Buckeyes play flat, or make a lot of mistakes, this could be much closer than it should be. JMHO

Yes, Jeff and Todd have gotten worse these last 3 or so years. It's about unlistenable and I love them both...I am SUPER glad they are showing the scoreboard in the lower corner now!!! I just literally hope we can hold serve...

Just now, PelvisPresley said:

Yes, Jeff and Todd have gotten worse these last 3 or so years. It's about unlistenable and I love them both...I am SUPER glad they are showing the scoreboard in the lower corner now!!!

Absolutely right about the scoreboard on the screen.  I like that feature.  The only bad thing is if you are just listening and not watching you really would have no idea what was really going on on the field.  Like I said, though, I'm not complaining.  They do this for free.

4 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

My issue is the confidence comes across a little condescending at times.  If they could move a couple steps towards the middle in their coverage they would be great.  Agree on maybe spending more time on down, distance, score & time.  Actually the 2nd announcer is really good at that.  It’s the main one that listened too many times to Traylor’s “step on their throat and rip their heart out” speeches.  😂

• LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

I agree with what you said about hometown announcers and being homers, I think to an extent most all of us have a little bit of homer in us when it comes to our hometown or team we support. People who signed up to do something like commentate and call a game for fun are not immune to that! 

I feel the same way about Carthage’s announcers. Great guys, obviously some homerism going on, but my gripe is that 6 times out of 10 you won’t be told the correct player who made the play or they will somehow mistakenly tell you a pass was intercepted when it really just fell to ground for all the world to see 😂

Just now, mikehoncho said:

I agree with what you said about hometown announcers and being homers, I think to an extent most all of us have a little bit of homer in us when it comes to our hometown or team we support. People who signed up to do something like commentate and call a game for fun are not immune to that! 

I feel the same way about Carthage’s announcers. Great guys, obviously some homerism going on, but my gripe is that 6 times out of 10 you won’t be told the correct player who made the play or they will somehow mistakenly tell you a pass was intercepted when it really just fell to ground for all the world to see 😂

They need a spotter!  Like a high school videographer student.  🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

If they could move a couple steps towards the middle in their coverage they would be great.  

I really don't care if they are all about the Buckeyes...it is the Buckeyes' Broadcast...not meant to be "down the middle" like ESPN/FOX or even a radio or TV station might encourage.

If literally all the fans of opposing teams are looking for that (or are literally irked by the one-sided coverage), then I'd literally encourage them to hold serve and get their school or some bigger boosters to literally put together a streaming service/system to literally do every game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PelvisPresley said:

I really don't care if they are all about the Buckeyes...it is the Buckeyes' Broadcast...not meant to be "down the middle" like ESPN/FOX or even a radio or TV station might encourage.

If literally all the fans of opposing teams are looking for that (or are literally irked by the one-sided coverage), then I'd literally encourage them to hold serve and get their school or some bigger boosters to literally put together a streaming service/system to literally do every game. 

Literally ok.

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Literally ok.

I agree with you man. A lot of times it's just tasteless. I haven't listened to a Gilmer game in a while, but the last time I did, it was miserating to listen to while sifting through all the nonsense they talked about to figure out what was going on. I listened to a PG game a couple of years ago, and they are equally as homerish, but did do better explaining what was going on. 

In my opinion boosters and so forth make no difference. Atlanta's games are broadcast each week, and I don't think any of the athletic boosters (me included) would ask or want them to be tastelessly homerish in their broadcast. 

200w.gif

5 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

If you decide to listen, grab a pen & paper for fun and list the number of times they say the word “literally”.

For real. Last week …

Announcer - “ They are running behind the right guard.”

Run goes to left

Announcer - “Everybody in the stadium knew where that was going.”

Me - “ Yeah, everybody but you. “

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL! 2

13 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

In my opinion boosters and so forth make no difference. Atlanta's games are broadcast each week, and I don't think any of the athletic boosters (me included) would ask or want them to be tastelessly homerish in their broadcast. 

Now, I have still not seen a ton of schools broadcasting/streaming their game video LIVE each week...yes, many a school (especially w/ the COVID) found the ability to get their game's audio on Facebook, YouTube or some other streaming method...but video is different (would love to see a true list on this - a group does every game).

Just now, PelvisPresley said:

Now, I have still not seen a ton of schools broadcasting/streaming their game video LIVE each week...yes, many a school (especially w/ the COVID) found the ability to get their game's audio on Facebook, YouTube or some other streaming method...but video is different (would love to see a true list on this - a group does every game).

Yeah Atlanta's will be on just about every week. They couldn't last week in Daingerfield because the internet was so bad. 

• LOL! 1