Henderson at Gilmer

SHillBuckeye

11 minutes ago, SmokyBurgess said:

Gilmer might put up 70 tonight. I think Henderson forgot how to tackle between last week and tonight. 

These grades for Henderson were never the most talented that come through. You mix that with no development and it spells we all know what. Development has been the biggest problem in the past along with players transferring out. Anyone that expected better wouldn't be truthful to themselves.

PS... Past coaches are the blame

OK, a couple of quick observations:

1. Henderson should be better than they are. They have some good athletes, but it is clearly not clicking right now. Hopefully they get some things figured out.

2. Gilmer has to clean out the penalties. Both Henderson scores or because of Gilmer penalties, and they killed one offensive drive with a penalty. That will hurt them in a game with a quality opponent. 

3. Gilmer also needs to find a way to get Cadon Tennyson more touches.  I know he’s just a freshman, but he is electric with the football in his hands. 

4. Gilmer has a lot of weapons on offense. It will be interesting as the season goes on as to how they spread the wealth.

I think both teams finished without any serious injuries which is always good. Good luck to Henderson the rest of the way

8 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

OK, a couple of quick observations:

1. Henderson should be better than they are. They have some good athletes, but it is clearly not clicking right now. Hopefully they get some things figured out.

2. Gilmer has to clean out the penalties. Both Henderson scores or because of Gilmer penalties, and they killed one offensive drive with a penalty. That will hurt them in a game with a quality opponent. 

3. Gilmer also needs to find a way to get Cadon Tennyson more touches.  I know he’s just a freshman, but he is electric with the football in his hands. 

4. Gilmer has a lot of weapons on offense. It will be interesting as the season goes on as to how they spread the wealth.

I think both teams finished without any serious injuries which is always good. Good luck to Henderson the rest of the way

Gilmer should send a few players down 271. Y’all only have too many skill players and only 1 football 😂 

There's no excuses from this game it just a learning experience, no one or not even past coaches or no one to blame, Gilmer was a better offense and has lot of weapons and also Gilmers Defense looks good so, just has to take the L.and get better each week, with new coaches sometimes it takes time as well.

Hopefully Henderson’s new coaching staff can use this season to identify problems and evaluate what they have so they can develop a plan to get this thing going in the right direction. Player development is probably #1 on that list. Give these coaches a chance to build something, because it looks like they inherited a mess. 

On 9/3/2021 at 8:45 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

These grades for Henderson were never the most talented that come through. You mix that with no development and it spells we all know what. Development has been the biggest problem in the past along with players transferring out. Anyone that expected better wouldn't be truthful to themselves.

PS... Past coaches are the blame

Says the school board member with a personal ax to grind with the old staff.....