Carthage vs cornerstone

bansheefan03

1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

They lost to Frisco Lonestar 59-14 last week.

5A Div 1 team that had several starters returning from a team that got beat by Aledo, Denton Ryan and Highland Park in close games in 2020.
So, that was a tough 1st opponent.  

After rewatching game from. Thursday I'm betting would have been a big difference  with just starting rb alot of the sacks came from free rushers which I assume would have been the rb responsibility that and they pretty much got to a point where they were playing pass every play as far as there rush 

I’ll confess I don’t know a lot of specifics about this Cornerstone team, but based on the little I have been able to look up…

-The QB looks pretty solid to me

-they have good size at WR position

-they have a shifty, quick RB

I didn’t get to watch much of their defense. I think this will be another good game this week. I believe Carthage gets the win, and not as close a game, but still competitive. A lot of that depends on what Carthage brings this week and if they can avoid the first half performance they had last week.  

Interesting connection to Shreveport Evangel.  Cornerstone has nothing to lose and everything to gain so I suspect they will take chances.  We don't know who will be available for Carthage but if Surratt and staff are there, they will be tough to beat.  

Forgive me for taking a step back to last week (and beyond).

I’ve been following CHS football for about 60 years, and I can’t recall the Bulldogs ever having as important a kickoff return as Noah Paddie’s late in last Thursday’s game.

I also can’t remember CHS ever before winning a game in which they had no (or negative) rushing yardage.

If I’m forgetting some, please let me and all of the other smoaky.com readers know.

@BevBrownJr I think there was a game not too long ago,  couple years maybe, where we had something like 10-12 yards rushing for the whole game but had 400 yards passing. Won the game.  Pick your poison.  I agree about the KO return.  I can't recall one off the top of my head that happened like that late in the 4th qtr.