Carthage vs cornerstone

bansheefan03

17 hours ago, BevBrownJr said:

Forgive me for taking a step back to last week (and beyond).

I’ve been following CHS football for about 60 years, and I can’t recall the Bulldogs ever having as important a kickoff return as Noah Paddie’s late in last Thursday’s game.

I also can’t remember CHS ever before winning a game in which they had no (or negative) rushing yardage.

If I’m forgetting some, please let me and all of the other smoaky.com readers know.

In 2018 against PG Carthage had 12 rushing yards. Wasn’t zero but pretty close. Capps threw for 420 that night. Carthage drove 70 yards to win the game after PG fumbled deep in Carthage’s territory with about 2 minutes left in the game. Dawgs won 28-21. Capps was a stud that year.

https://etsn.fm/carthage-scores-in-final-seconds-to-edge-pleasant-grove-28-21/

4 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

In 2018 against PG Carthage had 12 rushing yards. Wasn’t zero but pretty close. Capps threw for 420 that night. Carthage drove 70 yards to win the game after PG fumbled deep in Carthage’s territory with about 2 minutes left in the game. Dawgs won 28-21. Capps was a stud that year.

https://etsn.fm/carthage-scores-in-final-seconds-to-edge-pleasant-grove-28-21/

Very interesting. CHS had zero rushing yards in that game until  Moochie’s winning TD run.

My son is attending 6th grade at Cornerstone and my wife just started teaching there.  I was shocked when I saw their schedule.  Carthage should win but they have to have something to think they can compete with their pre-district games.  They play Calallen and Austin LBJ as well.

3 hours ago, GoBigBlue said:

My son is attending 6th grade at Cornerstone and my wife just started teaching there.  I was shocked when I saw their schedule.  Carthage should win but they have to have something to think they can compete with their pre-district games.  They play Calallen and Austin LBJ as well.

Well if they play those other's,Carthage probably doesn't look near as intimidating...lol 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Carthage and Atlanta's 7th and 8th go at it tonight. Should be a good matchup. Anxious to see Scott's boy as well as our own 8th grade QB. 

I havent yet seen Carthage's 8th grade team this year, but I know last year their RB was lightning fast as well.  If I'm not off on the age/grade, he's a heck of a weapon in the run and pass game for that team.