Carthage vs cornerstone

bansheefan03

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

Don’t count Jroc out of the qb competition just yet. He can make some throws. More zip on his balls tonight. 

I was one that had all but assumed Cuff would take off with the job after last week. But Jroc played much better this week. Now I see why Surratt didn’t come out and say Cuff was the one going forward. They must be back and forth everyday in practice 

2 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

long day at work(no Jasper game this week anyways 😒😷) sounds like another good game(for now) yall got going. #10 I assume got the start tonight?

#10 played the whole first half..........#3 played all of the 2nd half until the 2nd team went in for the last couple of minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

Cornerstone needs a little credit. Qb has made some plays. oline has a few faces still need getting use to game reps. sloppy first half...still up by 7. either way come week 10 nobody messing with the dawgs. 

I thought their QB was excellent. He did make a few bad choices and throws under pressure and the Dog D made them pay. But most of the night he was spot on and nailing his receivers. Besides #12 who was fantastic, they weren’t doing him any favors though, so many big drops.

• Like 1

Cornerstone has some "dudes"...............#33 knows how to play linebacker........#2 was basically a "shutdown corner" with the exception of the great catch by #13 for Carthage................On offense for Cornerstone #12 was impressive running routes...................I think Cornerstone and Crosby would be a tossup if they played next week ----- and I know the scores from the last 2 weeks would not seem to say that.

• Like 1

The Honcho report

The Good:

-The defense. They played lights out again. First score “gave up” came off a fumbled punt return that had them backed up within their own 5 to begin with. They forced big turnovers and tightened up when it mattered. 
-The pass blocking was better I believe. 
-jroc was much better this time around

The Bad:

-on the flip side, Cuff was off in this one. 
-through two games, the run blocking is the worst I can remember from a Carthage team. I hope that is mostly due to nearly an entirely new offensive line still needing time to gel, but also good defensive fronts.

4 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

The Honcho report

The Good:

-The defense. They played lights out again. First score “gave up” came off a fumbled punt return that had them backed up within their own 5 to begin with. They forced big turnovers and tightened up when it mattered. 
-The pass blocking was better I believe. 
-jroc was much better this time around

The Bad:

-on the flip side, Cuff was off in this one. 
-through two games, the run blocking is the worst I can remember from a Carthage team. I hope that is mostly due to nearly an entirely new offensive line still needing time to gel, but also good defensive fronts.

Offensive line..........most everyone figured that would be the weak spot for the team early..........missing the one tonight who probably graded out the highest last week hurt............Get everyone healthy and in shape in the next 2 weeks, and they "should" get noticeably better --- tough to be in Friday night shape when you have to miss several practices this time of year

• Like 2

The Dawg D hit another gear tonight. 
Muffed punt by the Dawgs put the defense in a hole at the 3 yard line. 
The Dawg D held them out until a fourth and goal when their QB threw a perfect pass for a TD. 
Until all O linemen get on the field at the same time and start to gel, the defense will have to do what they do. 
Jroc made some great throws with some zip on the ball and you could see the QB battle is still on. 
I would love to see him take off when receivers are covered , the young man has got some wheels. 
Cuff did ok but his passes were slow getting to the receivers at times. 
Corner stone was a very good football team. Good QB that could dodge the blitz and find his target. They had two dropped TD’S. Good running back that could make a great Defense miss the tackle or break tackles. 
The O line had size but could not hold up under the Dawg relentless pressure. 
when the Dawg offense gets into a groove, they are going to be a machine. 
They have three weeks to get ready for Gilmer. 
The Dawgs have been tested by two very good teams, last years 5A DII state championship runner up and last years private school state champion. 
Gilmer has yet to be challenged and have blown out the two teams they have played. 
Both teams will be hyped up and ready to play. 
The Dawgs will need their A game on offense and the D just needs to do what they do best, punish the Gilmer offense. 
Going to be a slobber knocker for sure. 
Let’s Go Dawgs 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 and hopefully 🏆

God bless coaches, players, and fans. 

• Like 1