Dark Jerseys with "dark" Numbers

BEARDEDGOAT

On 8/31/2021 at 12:36 PM, StoneColdSteveAustin said:

Hendo's white jerseys, heck all their jerseys, were ridiculous a few years back.

it was the advertisements for all the cafe's on the town square listed on the front that were really over the top (2" x 2" each in neon) and the parents and siblings names, along with baby pics on the back...in boxes (CHEERING YOU ALL THE WAY TO THE LAKE) that pushed it over the top...but they needed sponsors to get them...getting similar style to pro fisherman

13 hours ago, SUPERKAT17 said:

Schools have been given 4 years now to correct this.  It didn’t just pop up. TASO doesn’t MAKE rules.  It’s either an NCAA rule or a UIL exception.

Schools have had 4 years to change their school colors?  How thoughtful of the UIL.

As long as I can make out the numbers I don't have a problem with dark on dark. Gilmer's last Thursday night were fine. Most problem I have reading numbers is when players pull their jerseys up revealing their mid sections and hiding half of their number. 

7 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

As long as I can make out the numbers I don't have a problem with dark on dark. Gilmer's last Thursday night were fine. Most problem I have reading numbers is when players pull their jerseys up revealing their mid sections and hiding half of their number. 

Actually, by definition from the powers=that-be at the UIL (Dr.Elzra to be exact), thos dark jerseys worn by Gilmer (along with the same color & style worn by Gladewater and Dekalb) are, by the UIL's definition - "illegal."

And it is NOT TASO, it is the UIL who is behind this issue.

7 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

That’s against the rules as well I believe. Just never enforced. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DieHardCubFan said:

Actually, by definition from the powers=that-be at the UIL (Dr.Elzra to be exact), thos dark jerseys worn by Gilmer (along with the same color & style worn by Gladewater and Dekalb) are, by the UIL's definition - "illegal."

And it is NOT TASO, it is the UIL who is behind this issue.

I didn't say it wasn't against the rules.  I just said I didn't have a problem with Gilmer's last Thursday. If the purpose of the rule is to make sure the numbers could clearly be seen, I'm not sure why those worn by Gilmer were against the rules. I could easily see their numbers. As far as Gladewater's last Thursday, they were in all white with black numbers. 

Although all 3 teams have the same colors they don’t necessarily wear the same style. On second thought I think Dekalb's colors are orange and white. Not sure why you brought these 3 teams up. Are you saying they should change their colors?

11 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

I didn't say it wasn't against the rules.  I just said I didn't have a problem with Gilmer's last Thursday. If the purpose of the rule is to make sure the numbers could clearly be seen, I'm not sure why those worn by Gilmer were against the rules. I could easily see their numbers. As far as Gladewater's last Thursday, they were in all white with black numbers. 

Although all 3 teams have the same colors they don’t necessarily wear the same style. On second thought I think Dekalb's colors are orange and white. Not sure why you brought these 3 teams up. Are you saying they should change their colors?

Golf,

First, I personally don’t have a problem with any of the three team’s jerseys.

it is the head of UIL that apparently has the problem.

As far as Dekalb, their colors are orange and black and their mascot is the bears.

13 minutes ago, DieHardCubFan said:

Golf,

First, I personally don’t have a problem with any of the three team’s jerseys.

it is the head of UIL that apparently has the problem.

As far as Dekalb, their colors are orange and black and their mascot is the bears.

I've lived in North East Texas long enough to know Dekalb's mascot although I did think their colors were orange and white. My mistake.

3 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

There’s a law against white numbers?

Nope, no law. Just a lack of common sense being applied to this topic, as with most things in life. The numbers should be legible, no problem at all. Some of the examples listed as not legible are clearly legible and shouldn’t be an issue. So instead of telling schools to ensure their numbers are legible, the have to list specific examples to not allow leeway in a situation. It’s just stupid.

17 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Nope, no law. Just a lack of common sense being applied to this topic, as with most things in life. The numbers should be legible, no problem at all. Some of the examples listed as not legible are clearly legible and shouldn’t be an issue. So instead of telling schools to ensure their numbers are legible, the have to list specific examples to not allow leeway in a situation. It’s just stupid.

I agree. STUPID