Timboslice79

Waskom @ Timpson  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Waskom
    • Timpson

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, KirtFalcon said:

The Shiner team i saw last year was unbelievable for a 2A team ... they were something special,  I do think they graduated a lot of their stud hosses ....

23 seniors off that team of I remember correctly.  It was a sight to see 

2 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

I find that hard to believe but I could be wrong. 

Shiner defeated the 3A-D2 state runner up Hallettsville last season. They were that good. (Beat ‘em this year too already but Hallettsville lost their big back to the University of Texas and quite a few seniors!) 

Just now, KirtFalcon said:

The Shiner team i saw last year was unbelievable for a 2A team ... they were something special,  I do think they graduated a lot of their stud hosses ....

i watched the Shiner Timpson game and Shiner just ran left off tackle and right off tackle with those big lineman, Timpson couldn't match up to Shiners size, and I picked Timpson in that game thinking their superior speed would make the difference. It didn't. 

Just now, Wild74 said:

i watched the Shiner Timpson game and Shiner just ran left off tackle and right off tackle with those big lineman, Timpson couldn't match up to Shiners size, and I picked Timpson in that game thinking their superior speed would make the difference. It didn't. 

Sho didn’t! Lol 

1 minute ago, Wild74 said:

They had fresh legs rotating in and out every 2-3 plays....it was brutal 

1 minute ago, Wild74 said:

Shiner had 4 or 5 unbelievable running backs, it didn’t matter who had the ball. I don’t remember Timpson ever stopping them, rarely did they even have a 3rd down ... then they had that gorilla back nobody could tackle, but they had one tall guy that was their best back that reminded me of Marcus Allen ...

Their defense stuffed Courtney in the backfield all night, it was brutal ....

19 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

So you think Shiner could compete for a state championship in 3A D2 against teams like Canadian, Gunter, Franklin, and Waskom? 

Last years shiner team played east bernard close (13-7) who play Lexington close.. 7-0 was the final of east bernard Lexington game..... Franklin beat lexington 49-14 and then 40-7.... I know you cant compare scores but those top 4 for sure are at least 2 tds better then shiner imo. But we will never know respect for this game being played

Shiner turned it over 7 times against East Bernard last year thus the reason for the close game. They did lose a big senior class but still return the Brooks brothers which are as good as anyone in the state. I am amused that someone thought Timpson was faster then Shiner. Shiner just won the state title in track. Didn’t do much research. I still like the Shiner/Refugio winner to win it all again

• Like 1

• Crawford changed the title to Timpson 49 Waskom 28 Final