Friday football app issues

LSUTigahs

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Will they be moderating the app at all? Seems to be getting outa hand especially in the Potts Tatum chat. @MattStepp

I would have to imagine that there are just far too many different chat rooms that they just dont have the staff to moderate in real time, so they rely on users to report and then they review at some point.  We all know the chat is pretty ridiculous.  My advice - which is admittedly hypocritical because I used to be guilty - is for everyone to entirely ignore the obvious pot stirrers.  All they want is interaction.  You will never win by responding because their goal is not to win a point of argument, but to get a response.  So they win if you respond - no matter what you say or how well you refute what they say.  I'd bet most of the people doing the trolling dont even believe themselves. The problem is that in the busier chat rooms, there will always be someone who responds.  Either way, the best we can do is just report it and ignore it.

I've thought a block or mute feature would be nice.  Not because I get triggered or anything by the trolls, but because its a pain to have to scroll through dozens of comments and read every post to find actual game information sometimes.

Better yet, a whitelist feature could be nice too, where you could filter the chat by people you have whitelisted.  I would do this if I'm following another game and there is someone giving a play by play.  Others might not like the play by play and could put them on a blacklist to filter them out.  I have no idea how the logistics would work for this, so it might be hard to do.  In the meantime, report and ignore.

• Like 2

Not having your real name is what allows people to say anything they want. I’ve seen some really bad stuff on that Fox app— recently some racist stuff about Jacksonville—  and I reported it.

I don’t care about the back and forth stuff… that’s ok…. but if you see something like I’ve seen in some of the posts, report it.

I’m not looking for a bozo button or anything, but I use my real name everywhere I post. Can’t say anything really, really stupid if you use your real name …. although many here on Smoaky would argue that hasn’t stopped me  😀 

• Like 1

Just got this message and email address for the app., since they’re dragging their feet this week. 
They’ve had more than enough time to update the week 2 playoff matchups. 

Thanks for messaging us. We try to be as responsive as possible.  If you are a subscriber, the fastest way to get a response is to email us directly at [email protected].  While we try to reply to each message on facebook, the email is a much better way to get faster, trackable replies.  We'll get back to you soon.