WEEK 3: McKinney North (1-1) Vs. Marshall (0-2)

Mavchamp

McKinney North (1-1) Vs. Marshall (0-2)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• McNorth in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • McNorth in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

QB Olvera went 14-20 for 197yards and a TD tonight.

The Mavs rushed for 154 yards.

RB JQ Davis had 114 yards on 23 carries and 3 touchdowns.

Domar Roberson had 3 catches for 113 yards and a touchdown.

Marshall had 351 yards on the night.  More yar than they had Vs. New Caney and Longview combined.

Kicker Buck Buchanan was 5-5 on PAT's.  He kicked 2 FG's (35 and 27 yards).  He also had an interception.

---------

1.  Olvera proved that his success last week in the second half of the Longview game was no fluke.  This offense is unrecognizable after a game and half of sputtering before he took the reigns of the team.

2.  The defense struggled at times tonight... after playing very well in the New Caney and Longview games.  However.... halftime adjustments changed things.  After giving up 23 points in the first half, the Mavs only gave up 6 in the second half.  McKinney North was HUGE.  They were much bigger than we were.... and they pushed us around.  They have a three headed monster in RB's... and then a QB that can tuck and run too.  No defense to speak of.... but they are going to score some points.  I'm interested to see how they do in their 5A Div I district.

3.  Buchanan kicking the ball is such a great weapon.  He kicked it through the endzone 7 times out of his 8 kickoffs.   He was 5-5 in PAT's and kicked two field goals.    Been a LOOONG time since we had a kicker like this (Spears?)  Maybe one or two others.

• Like 1

Avoided Carthage?

That was completely taken out of our hands by the UIL.

If we can line up and play Longview every season.... I assure you we aren't avoiding Carthage by any stretch of the imagination.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Avoided Carthage?

That was completely taken out of our hands by the UIL.

If we can line up and play Longview every season.... I assure you we aren't avoiding Carthage by any stretch of the imagination.

Really gonna blame the UIL.  This was the week Carthage and Marshall agreed to play back  in February of 2020.  Who did Marshall play Thursday night in sub varsity game????  Carthage. 

• Stinks 1

Just now, bmoc said:

Really gonna blame the UIL.  This was the week Carthage and Marshall agreed to play back  in February of 2020.  Who did Marshall play Thursday night in sub varsity game????  Carthage. 

You're an idiot.  And I see where you work..... classy.  REAL classy.  But not surprising.

But back to why you're an idiot.

Marshall agreed to play Carthage in Feb of 2020.

But in case you missed it... we've been in a pandemic for the last year and a half.

Last season the UIL moved the start dates for 5A and 6A schools.  5A/6A schools didn't start their seasons until late September while 4A and below started at their regular time (August).

Marshall and Carthage couldn't play last season because the Bulldogs had already started district play by the time the 5A schools got started.

That meant all the 5A schools that had games scheduled with 4A programs had to reschedule.  Many of those new games were made home-home series for 2 years.

Marshall's games with New Caney and Longview were unchanged because they started late since they were both 5A too.  

It was out of anyone's hands that Carthage was already in district play by the time 5A got started.

So no.... there was no avoidance.  

I'm sure the series will resume next year.

Idiot. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

You're an idiot.  And I see where you work..... classy.  REAL classy.  But not surprising.

But back to why you're an idiot.

Marshall agreed to play Carthage in Feb of 2020.

But in case you missed it... we've been in a pandemic for the last year and a half.

Last season the UIL moved the start dates for 5A and 6A schools.  5A/6A schools didn't start their seasons until late September while 4A and below started at their regular time (August).

Marshall and Carthage couldn't play last season because the Bulldogs had already started district play by the time the 5A schools got started.

That meant all the 5A schools that had games scheduled with 4A programs had to reschedule.  Many of those new games were made home-home series for 2 years.

Marshall's games with New Caney and Longview were unchanged because they started late since they were both 5A too.  

It was out of anyone's hands that Carthage was already in district play by the time 5A got started.

So no.... there was no avoidance.  

I'm sure the series will resume next year.

Idiot. 

Congratulations on the win. Agreed. The Mavs have never backed out of a fight. 

Interesting note for Mav fans....

New Caney won again tonight to improve to (3-0).

They beat their cross-town rivals tonight 41-14.   They won last week 47-27.

Not that any loss is good....but seeing them hanging 40+ on everyone.... after we stayed within 2 points feels pretty good.

Fun stuff.