Atlanta at Gilmer

SHillBuckeye

14 minutes ago, bansheefan03 said:

Bux need to step up on there schedule playing all these 3a teams not doing anything for them but stats

These are two teams that were in our district, I agree I don’t think we should play them but kind of hard when everyone turns you down. I wish Kilgore was a real game but they only wanted to scrimmage.

9 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

These are two teams that were in our district, I agree I don’t think we should play them but kind of hard when everyone turns you down. I wish Kilgore was a real game but they only wanted to scrimmage.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Gladewater is 3A DI and Gilmer is 4A DII.

As long as we are that close in classification, Gilmer and Gladewater should always play each other. That rivalry should always be alive if it can.

I love and respect the Atlanta Rabbits (one of my favorite stadiums in East Texas), but we should not play them again until they get it together.

• Like 2

Given the current status this game is basically a waste of time for both teams. Gilmer's 2nd and 3rd string will get plenty of xp and maybe Atlanta can continue to work on getting that oline to not be so bad. I just hope there aren't any injuries in a game that the result is already decided.

23 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

The Rabs travel to Gilmer to mix it up against the Buckeyes. Thoughts?

Why are these teams playing is my first thought…but hats off to Atlanta for taking this game. Many teams in this area won’t take games against powerhouse teams that are close in classification….even if they used to be district rivals and are 25 miles down the highway…

Atlanta has always fielded a fast athletic team, but not sure what is going on there lately, last years game was competitive until the 2nd half, and Gilmer pulled away. I think this year will be different with Gilmer starting faster. Not so sure this game will be on the schedule next year.

45 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I honestly don’t know what Atlanta is about this year. Anyone from Atlanta have the lowdown? Someone mentioned their OL. If their OL isn’t up to speed, Gilmer’s front 4 will have a field day. Hope the QB is poised enough to make quick decisions? 

They don’t seem to have the speed that they usually have. I may be wrong but they appear on film not to have much speed. 

2 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Why are these teams playing is my first thought…but hats off to Atlanta for taking this game. Many teams in this area won’t take games against powerhouse teams that are close in classification….even if they used to be district rivals and are 25 miles down the highway…

Shots fired lol 

4 hours ago, AtlantaFan04 said:

Given the current status this game is basically a waste of time for both teams. Gilmer's 2nd and 3rd string will get plenty of xp and maybe Atlanta can continue to work on getting that oline to not be so bad. I just hope there aren't any injuries in a game that the result is already decided.

Maybe y’all can trade in Gilmer and put Spring Hill on the schedule for the next two years?  Seems like a better matchup.  We are likely going to need to replace Henderson.