Atlanta at Gilmer

SHillBuckeye

Another year of playing Gilmer, and another year of comments that never cease to amaze me. We (Atlanta) are sorry that our fall from grace has become such a burdon to the Gilmer Empire. As much as y'all find it a waste of time, or an insult to your greatness, we don't really enjoy the game either when we're not competing at a similar level. I'm pretty sure this was scheduled with the intent that maybe, just maybe, Atlanta could muster a team that would keep Gilmer's starters in for more than 5 minutes. Y'all should probably just be happy that you do get to rest your starters, because if you were in our shoes, you'd probably wish you could even have your starters this season. 

Like I've had to say before, it wasn't that long ago that Atlanta and Gilmer were actually competing against one another. Football culture here has taken a hit over the past few years, and it will take the coaches more than the first 2 games to build it back up, and so far, the healthiness of athletes has definitely not been in their favor. I'm happy Gilmer didn't have to experience that beings Traylor left the program on a high note. We weren't so lucky. 

But anyways, sorry for the inconvenience this game has caused the Buckeyes. The feeling is mutual. I hate driving down 155. Despite the brutal outlook of this game, I'm still hoping to see the Rabbs improve. Though we lost, lots of good could be taken from our last game. Running game improve a ton, as the score shows, because our passing game is non-existant. Hopefully we can come out of this game learning some more, and not losing anymore players to injury. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I honestly don’t know what Atlanta is about this year. Anyone from Atlanta have the lowdown? Someone mentioned their OL. If their OL isn’t up to speed, Gilmer’s front 4 will have a field day. Hope the QB is poised enough to make quick decisions? 

O-line is struggling a bit. Starting QB is out, not sure for how long. Starting RB is out for the season. Backup QB I think is a smart kid, and a great kid, but the passing game just isn't working, at all. I think his stats are something like 3-11 for 13 yards and 2 picks, 1 being a game deciding pick 6, in 7 qtrs of play. Secondary is very suspect. Gilmer will work that over pretty good I'm sure. 

Overall we're just on a down year, with injuries furthering the issues, with a new coaching staff. I do like this staff, and I do think they will get everything together, but it won't happen overnight for sure. Luckily for them, Atlanta's younger classes are loaded. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

O-line is struggling a bit. Starting QB is out, not sure for how long. Starting RB is out for the season. Backup QB I think is a smart kid, and a great kid, but the passing game just isn't working, at all. I think his stats are something like 3-11 for 13 yards and 2 picks, 1 being a game deciding pick 6, in 7 qtrs of play. Secondary is very suspect. Gilmer will work that over pretty good I'm sure. 

Overall we're just on a down year, with injuries furthering the issues, with a new coaching staff. I do like this staff, and I do think they will get everything together, but it won't happen overnight for sure. Luckily for them, Atlanta's younger classes are loaded. 

Gotcha. Well, I’m hoping the Rabbits get back to where everyone is accustomed, ET football is just better when Atlanta is playing good football! 

13 hours ago, Snoopy52 said:

Atlanta is gonna lose more players to the school just north of them soon. Their program is at rock bottom.  I feel for the kids there that want to win. Their pipeline of getting kids from Queen City has dried up.

Lol the ignorance in this post is unreal. 

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

lmao...I didn’t realize the Queen City pipeline was the reason for all the success 

It's wild man. The last 2 years there have been so many people from Queen City that have something to say. When it comes time to schedule games though, they will not allow Atlanta and Queen City to play. You'd think with such an athletic empire that Queen City has put together, they'd be more htan willing to play little ole Atlanta. 

I'm not worried. This isn't the first or the last time Atlanta has had to build something up. Atlanta has lost to Pewitt, Daingerfield, all of those teams before. As much as I joke about White Oak to make Racer's head explode, WO had Atlanta's number for many many years. A winning, hard working culture isn't built in a game, or even a season. It will take time. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It's wild man. The last 2 years there have been so many people from Queen City that have something to say. When it comes time to schedule games though, they will not allow Atlanta and Queen City to play. You'd think with such an athletic empire that Queen City has put together, they'd be more htan willing to play little ole Atlanta. 

I'm not worried. This isn't the first or the last time Atlanta has had to build something up. Atlanta has lost to Pewitt, Daingerfield, all of those teams before. As much as I joke about White Oak to make Racer's head explode, WO had Atlanta's number for many many years. A winning, hard working culture isn't built in a game, or even a season. It will take time. 

I agree. Hoping it comes soon. I remember going to PG and LE v atl for many years and watch many really good games. atl made to the 4th round 2 or 3 years in a row not long ago correct? 

Atlanta vs Queen City

All time record: ATL (16-2-1)
Highest score: Atlanta (56)
Lowest score: Queen City (0)
Largest margin of victory: Atlanta +50 (2003 - 56-6)
Average margin of victory: Atlanta +15

It's worth noting that Atlanta is (0-2) and Queen City is (2-0) as of right now. Same talk happened last year.

Pewitt and Daingerfield had a combined record of (17-7) last year. Though they are 3AD2 teams, they're still good ball teams. 

Queen City's 2 wins this season, are against teams that went a combined (4-15) last year in 2A, and are a combined (0-3) so far this season. The 2A team Queen City will play this Friday, just won their first game since August 31st, 2018, and are a combined (7-84) over the past 10 years. 

20 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Atlanta vs Queen City

All time record: ATL (16-2-1)
Highest score: Atlanta (56)
Lowest score: Queen City (0)
Largest margin of victory: Atlanta +50 (2003 - 56-6)
Average margin of victory: Atlanta +15

It's worth noting that Atlanta is (0-2) and Queen City is (2-0) as of right now. Same talk happened last year.

Pewitt and Daingerfield had a combined record of (17-7) last year. Though they are 3AD2 teams, they're still good ball teams. 

Queen City's 2 wins this season, are against teams that went a combined (4-15) last year in 2A, and are a combined (0-3) so far this season. The 2A team Queen City will play this Friday, just won their first game since August 31st, 2018, and are a combined (7-84) over the past 10 years. 

I'd rather be 2-0 against bad teams than 0-2.

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I’d rather be playing Quitman than Gilmer.  🤷‍♂️

That's a little skewed. Would you rather be competing against Gilmer or Quitman? This game wasn't scheduled with the assumption we would be where we are at, keep that in mind. You can win all the pre-district championships all you want, but it won't get you in the playoffs, and chances are, it won't make you any better. 

• Like 1