Atlanta at Gilmer

SHillBuckeye

16 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

That was McClure's entire tenure. I wouldn't dare go back to Melton, which was when I was in high school. 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I don't think it will take that long, but the odds definitely won't be in our favor if we bump back up to 4A. 

Idk the last few middleschool groups yall have had were supposedly "really good" but haven't translated well to varisty. 

3 minutes ago, Bulldogfan72 said:

We have had plenty of those lol

LOL well, there's no reason to believe things that have happened in the past, will continue to happen. I like looking at the glass half full, at least in this sitauation haha.

3 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

4A

2011 - 1 RD - Lost BD (Gilmer)
2012 - 2 RD - Lost Area (Gilmer)
2013 - 2 RD - Lost Area (Gladewater - great game)
2014 - 4 RD - Lost QF (Gilmer)
2015 - 4 RD - Lost QF (Gilmer)
2016 - Missed playoffs. Great team that I felt underachieved.
2017 - 1 RD - Lost BD (Jasper)

3A

2018 - 4 RD - Lost QF (Malakoff)
2019 - Missed playoffs
2020 - 1 RD - Lost BD (Mineola)

To me the recent years are unfortunate but not the worst I've seen. When I was in high school, we were terrible. We won like 2 district games in 3 years. We had some athletes too. 

Boy I know y’all hate us lol 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I don't think it will take that long, but the odds definitely won't be in our favor if we bump back up to 4A. 

We aint going back to 4A this go around. And not because Atlanta is "doctoring" the numbers. Atlanta is a school that gets a good number of move ins but they also see a lot of students move away.

18 minutes ago, Buckeyebaseball21 said:

Atlanta 8th Grade QB is fast and athletic, I look forward to seeing him in high school. Jr High kids are pretty big too. I think they will be just fine.

8th and 9th grade class are very good. Yeah that QB is something else. They lost 36-28 to Carthage last week, but played a heck of a game. He had a pick 6 against Surratt's son, and it wasn't necessarily his fault. Kid is just crazy athletic. Not sure how they played against Gilmer, but they normally just run him as a single high safety and let him run all over the place. 

On 9/5/2021 at 9:33 AM, SHillBuckeye said:

I honestly don’t know what Atlanta is about this year. Anyone from Atlanta have the lowdown? Someone mentioned their OL. If their OL isn’t up to speed, Gilmer’s front 4 will have a field day. Hope the QB is poised enough to make quick decisions? 

It's definitely not the OL having trouble! Those guys are the leaders on the offense! I'm sure things will come together. New Head Coach and staff for the first time in a long time. Change takes time. Hopefully by White Oak, they will be clicking on all cylinders. Sure are some good kids out there.

57 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

8th and 9th grade class are very good. Yeah that QB is something else. They lost 36-28 to Carthage last week, but played a heck of a game. He had a pick 6 against Surratt's son, and it wasn't necessarily his fault. Kid is just crazy athletic. Not sure how they played against Gilmer, but they normally just run him as a single high safety and let him run all over the place. 

Atlanta 8th 28

Gilmer 8th 20

On 9/8/2021 at 1:59 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

I’d rather be playing Quitman than Gilmer.  🤷‍♂️

just act like your bus driver was drunk and you kept driving up 154...get off the bus ready to play the Bulldogs...confusion to ensue 

hey, will Coach Metzel take his foot off the gas early enough to keep the Buckeyes from scoring 60 on the Rabbits during homecoming? 

40 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

just act like your bus driver was drunk and you kept driving up 154...get off the bus ready to play the Bulldogs...confusion to ensue 

hey, will Coach Metzel take his foot off the gas early enough to keep the Buckeyes from scoring 60 on the Rabbits during homecoming? 

No. They scored 73 on us last year I believe.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, LoboPiratePanther said:

It's definitely not the OL having trouble! Those guys are the leaders on the offense! I'm sure things will come together. New Head Coach and staff for the first time in a long time. Change takes time. Hopefully by White Oak, they will be clicking on all cylinders. Sure are some good kids out there.

Yeah I hate to sound like a broken record, but injuries have definitely not played in their favor. The best player on the team's season ended before it ever began. You tend to build your offense around your best athletes/playmakers, and that one was a gutshot. 

4 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Good game then. I think there are some competitive years to come between these 2 schools. We've just got to hold up our end and continue to develop, both players and coaches. 

I doubt that lol. Yall will continue to get beat by 50 if yall keep putting these dudes on your schedule.

6 minutes ago, Bulldogfan72 said:

I doubt that lol. Yall will continue to get beat by 50 if yall keep putting these dudes on your schedule.

You must have us confused with someone else. It's not like we're consistently being beat down by Gilmer. It happens here and there, but it's not an every year affair.